Pension Letter/money In Bank Combo

Does the money in the bank have to be seasoned for 3 months ?

My pension is about 550 k a year ,do I need the the other 250k in the bank 3 months before or just in the bank prior to my application.

Can somebody post a link or tell me the rules.

Thanks

Martin

Maybe not quite pertinent to this thread, but a friend called me today panicking that Immigration had changed the rule re requirements for an extension of visa based on retirement.

He says that the new rule is B800,000 in the bank only and not pension or other monthly income, with or without deposit combo..

Personally, I do not believe they would make such a radical change without advance notice. There must be many thousands of retirees using income as opposed to bank deposit.

Any enlightening posts appreciated.

Maybe not quite pertinent to this thread, but a friend called me today panicking that Immigration had changed the rule re requirements for an extension of visa based on retirement.

He says that the new rule is B800,000 in the bank only and not pension or other monthly income, with or without deposit combo..

Personally, I do not believe they would make such a radical change without advance notice. There must be many thousands of retirees using income as opposed to bank deposit.

"He says that the new rule is B800,000 in the bank only and not pension or other monthly income, with or without deposit combo."

Either he was trying to spook you or he misunderstood the situation (although there have been numerous threads recently about the consulate at Hull in UK requiring something like that for people wanting a Non-O visa.) You may have noticed that a lot of posters on TV seem to be unable to distinguish between visas issued by embassies/consulates and extensions-of-stay issued by Immigrations.

Edited by Suradit69

I renewed mine Thursday Oct. 3 with a guarantee of income here in Chiang Mai.

Edit

What I got was a one year extension of stay on my retirement visa or what ever you want to call it.

Edited by hellodolly