Income proof requested in Vientiane for Double Tourist Visa

Hi, sorry about my English...

I have been in Vientiane for apply a double entry Tourist Visa on day 2 of october. In my passport have already one double TR issued also in Vientiane on April. The migration officer asked me "Why you apply for a second one?" and after asked me if i had money income proof. I sowed him my Kasikorn passbook and tolk me to copy all pages of it, and asked me where the funds came from. I was surprised of this, because only one previous Visa in my new passport, and the officer no had computer to check previous visas. Lucky me, because having with me the bank passbook, i guess, i think should had problems if not have it. I also showed him several Western Union receipts with income from abroad, but he no seemed to be interested on them. Visa was issued.

I think it will be a good idea for people appling for visas in a row take income proof since now!

Otherwise i want mention a new hotel 80 meters away from Consulate, Viengvang Hotel, clean and affordable, also with restaurant, and friendly owner, Lady talking English.

post-166664-0-81131000-1381047613_thumb.

post-166664-0-10842200-1381047617_thumb.