Chonburi - Pattaya: Provincial Crime Suppression Operation begins

webfact

Provincial Crime Suppression Operation begins

police-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- With High season approaching and the New Year period less than 3 months away, Chonburi Provincial Police have begun a major crime suppression operation which is aimed at reassuring domestic and foreign tourists that Chonburi, which includes the resort town of Pattaya, is being Policed to the highest standards and is a safe place for a vacation.

Police Lieutenant General Gawee, the new Region 2 Police Commissioner, led a parade of over 500 Police, Police Volunteers and government officers over the weekend in the grounds of Pattaya City Hall in the presence of the Mayor of Pattaya and Chief of Banglamung District.

Police from various divisions and from around the Province were in attendance and were told by the Police Commissioner about the importance of servicing their local communities to the highest standards.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/104997/provincial-crime-suppression-operation-begins/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-07

• Like 1

Five hundred BIB on parade at City hall.

A rough calculation implies that's about 1 million baht saved by the local populace for that day. Think of the boost to the economy!

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2

Yahoooo !

Pattaya is to be 'Tourist Safe' ...Hold On

Haven't I heard this before ?????

Just before the season last year before there were several Shootings , Drug Dealers , Ladyboys hospitalising Victims , etc etc.

Guess it will be different this season..

Sure it will

coffee1.gif

well.... it's all relative, or relatives, come to think of it.... but after reading about all the excitement in Phuket, I figure this place could be worse (but don't encourage them!).

well.... it's all relative, or relatives, come to think of it.... but after reading about all the excitement in Phuket, I figure this place could be worse (but don't encourage them!).

Pattaya equals reassuring? Well it depends on what you expect. Pattaya equals highest standards? Possible but unlikely. Pattaya equals safe and servicing? Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe neither. Pattaya equals vacation? Possibly in the future, but not in its present form(ie beach erosion, beach road solicitation, speed demon bikes and taxis and buses)

Yea right and if they do actually apprehend someone for committing a crime against a tourist it's off to the tourist court for a warm hug and a slap on the wrist. Then it's back on the streets and business as usual.

Just more bullshite sugar sprinkling, nothing will change.

Can you provide a specific example? Edited by Benmart

I have been visiting and now living in Pattaya for the last 20 years. I have seen positive changes in the policing standards, but unfortunately they seem to have been outpaced by the sheer number of those who would dishonestly take things from others. Civility and respect for others seems to be overshadowed in an attempt to make as much money as quickly as possible regardless of the method.

I see a time where the negatives outnumber the positive reasons to come to Pattaya/Thailand and tourists will fly to another venue across the borders to the East or West. The "Cash Cow" will ultimately seek greener pastures if it feels it may be next on the menu.

Yea right and if they do actually apprehend someone for committing a crime against a tourist it's off to the tourist court for a warm hug and a slap on the wrist. Then it's back on the streets and business as usual.

Can you provide a specific example?

smile.png Nice one. I don't think there is a need for that.

I have been visiting and now living in Pattaya for the last 20 years. I have seen positive changes in the policing standards, but unfortunately they seem to have been outpaced by the sheer number of those who would dishonestly take things from others. Civility and respect for others seems to be overshadowed in an attempt to make as much money as quickly as possible regardless of the method.

I see a time where the negatives outnumber the positive reasons to come to Pattaya/Thailand and tourists will fly to another venue across the borders to the East or West. The "Cash Cow" will ultimately seek greener pastures if it feels it may be next on the menu.

I agree that the standards of Policing has definitely risen. I have been visiting for 25+ years.

But there is a massive increase in anti social , opportunistic criminal behaviour.

Also Rim , I am sorry it is hard to believe the credibility of this story .

There is NO POINTING Pic......................Tch Tch

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio

This sort of thing just amazes me - every so often they actually decide to do some police work and act like a real police force

Don't they get it ? This should be the norm not the exception - will the penny ever drop - they should be police 24hrs a day 365 days a year - not a little spirt here and there in between collecting bribes and ripping off the public

Can you provide a specific example?

A nice big hug........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664226-english-tourist-stabbed-in-the-neck-by-drunken-thai-man-in-south-pattaya/