Dead Dogs

Mobaan

Yes we could certainly use more dead dogs in Chiang mai-I have heard that anti freeze or windsheild wash(available in THailand) works very well-apparently it is very quick and they love it.I am vegetarian and do not like killing anything but this dog problem is out of control in CHiang mai so a huge dog cull would be in order.I would even support paying for every dog carcasse brought in for disposal..Another thing is that as most of us know that we vaishnavas celebrate cows as the best friend of humane beings and not the Dog,especially since most human beings do love to eat the wonderful food these amazing creatures produce for us,we all love to eat cheese-ice cream-yoghurt etc.etc but as well as enjoying these foods unfortunately some extremely greedy persons also eat the flesh of this wonderful animal who selflessly give us so much and as a result these nasty people will take many births as animals in their very near future..SO MY SUGGESTION IS THUS,that you dog lovers and all you flesh eaters should eat your DOGS and not eat the cows flesh and that would get rid of some of these wretched abhorrent creatures at least and help quieten down the neighbourhoods and make CHiang mai much cleaner .So rather than mindlessly eat all other sorts of flesh and suffer for it,(by the way eating dog flesh has much less karma attached to it)rather just eat your dogs and do society a big favour while you are at it.(Do not think for a moment that I am posting this blog in jest-you must understand -I already have enough good friends.)

HOLY COW! I've never read as much bullshit in one single post than in this one! As a Vegetarian - you claim to be, obviously a Buddhist on top, my oh my - I am just speechless... let the Vegans read this....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tehy could use the Furidan used in gardening to kill pests, fast and effective the dogs drool at the mouth then gone.

i had a similar case on koh Samui, one of my two dogs was baited with it, from my next door friends or they called themselves that.

I have known a Thai who used a drug to kill a very aggressive dog that had killed some small dogs & cats. The dog was allowed by the falang owner to wander around the Moo Bann who refused to contain his dog; the drug used was methocarbamoloxy, a muscle relaxant. Wife tells me it is easily available

how do you translate "methocarbamoloxy" in thai language,just curious ...

No idea, as mentioned above the chemical name was in English on the packaging shown to me. I have done a search on google and it seems the common name is methocarbamol

do all these dogs wander around? are they all in fenced yards? what are you suggesting? someone went around and had multiple poisoned doggy treats? for what motivation?

I am an animal lover. Always have been. However since coming to Thailand, that has waned a lot. I am unable to go for a nice long walk as no matter where I go, dogs will chase me down and show no fear when there are 3 or 4 of them. I have had to adjust my walking route so many times that now I am at the point of desperation. I can see the motivation for wanting to kill these dogs. I wouldn't do that but letting packs of dogs dictate my life is not something I want to happen. The owners don't seem to care. blink.png

I am a dog lover too..and never tough that I will have any problems with street dogs because I live in America, and we do not have street dogs there. My big mistake. I was bitten here 8 months ago, very slightly, with a street dog when traveling out my city. The bound got infected when I was back, and check it in a hospital one week later. I had to get 8 shots, 5 ant-rabies, plus 3 anti-tetanus, and check in every day for 3 months.

Cost me 10,000THB in a government hospital. I got lucky.

Searching the Internet about, I found out that Thailand is the #3 country in the world with rabies problems, #1 is India. I also found out that many travel sites advise to get 2 preventives rabies shots before traveling in Asia. Just reading about rabies scare me a lot. Be careful.

I have known a Thai who used a drug to kill a very aggressive dog that had killed some small dogs & cats. The dog was allowed by the falang owner to wander around the Moo Bann who refused to contain his dog; the drug used was methocarbamoloxy, a muscle relaxant. Wife tells me it is easily available

Your wife has obviously got great language skills.

Methocarbamoloxy is a mouthful,for a native English speaker.

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Methocarbamoloxy.mp3

I do a lot of running in gym as well as streets and, yes, dogs abound when running in the streets. Solution: carry a small stick. No need to wave the stick, just carry it in your hand. Dogs will no longer bother you. Problem solved.

do all these dogs wander around? are they all in fenced yards? what are you suggesting? someone went around and had multiple poisoned doggy treats? for what motivation?

I am an animal lover. Always have been. However since coming to Thailand, that has waned a lot. I am unable to go for a nice long walk as no matter where I go, dogs will chase me down and show no fear when there are 3 or 4 of them. I have had to adjust my walking route so many times that now I am at the point of desperation. I can see the motivation for wanting to kill these dogs. I wouldn't do that but letting packs of dogs dictate my life is not something I want to happen. The owners don't seem to care. xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.s-RG4kPbeM.webp alt=blink.png width=20 height=20>

Yes we could certainly use more dead dogs in Chiang mai-I have heard that anti freeze or windsheild wash(available in THailand) works very well-apparently it is very quick and they love it.I am vegetarian and do not like killing anything but this dog problem is out of control in CHiang mai so a huge dog cull would be in order.I would even support paying for every dog carcasse brought in for disposal..Another thing is that as most of us know that we vaishnavas celebrate cows as the best friend of humane beings and not the Dog,especially since most human beings do love to eat the wonderful food these amazing creatures produce for us,we all love to eat cheese-ice cream-yoghurt etc.etc but as well as enjoying these foods unfortunately some extremely greedy persons also eat the flesh of this wonderful animal who selflessly give us so much and as a result these nasty people will take many births as animals in their very near future..SO MY SUGGESTION IS THUS,that you dog lovers and all you flesh eaters should eat your DOGS and not eat the cows flesh and that would get rid of some of these wretched abhorrent creatures at least and help quieten down the neighbourhoods and make CHiang mai much cleaner .So rather than mindlessly eat all other sorts of flesh and suffer for it,(by the way eating dog flesh has much less karma attached to it)rather just eat your dogs and do society a big favour while you are at it.(Do not think for a moment that I am posting this blog in jest-you must understand -I already have enough good friends.)

are you still 100% or do you need some help?
  • Like 1

All you jokers. I love animals and dogs, however, here in Thailand....KILL THEM ALL _ KILL THEM KILL THEM incase they might one day perhaps think about biting a human.

Here's a fact for you. Only way to solve the problem is to neuter every dog you see. if you own a dog that is not neutered, shame on you!!!! If your friends or neighbours own a dog that is not neutered, shame on you for not badgering to get it neutered!!!! If you or any other person yo know BUYS a dog rather than adopt a street dog,,,, shame on you!!!! All grumbling about it, but no one will to do anything about it aside from killing them. They die quick enough with disease and cars so stem their replacement and they will slowly decrease. Regardless of people saying it is the current generation of Thais dumping dogs, so it will not be solved, this is not actually true. Fo every dog a thai dumps, 1000+ will be born on the street with 25% of them surviving to sexual maturity. If you are so pissed off by them, neuter all the dogs male and female you see and the problem will be solved.

Me? Soi dogs make me smile. I look after a pod of them a couple of KM from where i live. All jabbed, neutered, well fed, well behaves and all bark without fail at the farang fools who go jogging / walking with sticks used to hit dogs with - god for them. .

Edited by boldface
  • Like 2

I knew of two dogs poisoned in the Philippines by MSG. Two tablespoons inside a hollowed out hotdog. Aji-namoto is the brand , easily available and in most Thai food. Ever wonder about the headache after eating out sometimes?

.......again.......with all these known poisons so readily available........

.....autopsies should be compulsory in all cases of human deaths....especially foreigners.....

......it's too easy to poison some unsuspecting individual and say they had a medical condition...or strew some pills or alcohol around the room......

Many TV posters don't give a sh#t about other people.

The Soi dog is king,care for the animals and all that bull.

HOLY COW! I've never read as much bullshit in one single post than in this one! As a Vegetarian - you claim to be, obviously a Buddhist on top, my oh my - I am just speechless... let the Vegans read this....

Very Thai though. Funny how these Buddhists life-lovers are so easily inclined to kill animals they don't like.

No, read my post again.

I am an animal lover. Always have been. However since coming to Thailand, that has waned a lot. I am unable to go for a nice long walk as no matter where I go, dogs will chase me down and show no fear when there are 3 or 4 of them. I have had to adjust my walking route so many times that now I am at the point of desperation. I can see the motivation for wanting to kill these dogs. I wouldn't do that but letting packs of dogs dictate my life is not something I want to happen. The owners don't seem to care. blink.png

An animal lover who thinks that it is OK to kill dogs because they are inconvenient to him.

Psycho ?

Um...we are talking a dogs aren't we, your description "show no fear when there are 3 or 4 of them" describes the way many Thais assault foreigners.

Two different topics I believe.

So sad. All these soi dogs ingesting these pharmaceuticals. It's no wonder that we don't read of new NA groups for soi dogs being formed by the "Guardians of the Universe" to help these utterly poor, sweet, defenseless creatures.

"Hi. ...pant pant... My name is Killer, ...grrr... and I am an addict"

"Hi Killer...scratch scratch whine"

• Like 1

who ever is doing this deserves a medal. I wish more people around the country would do this. the dogs are so unhealthy, skin diseases, other diseases limbs damaged, a culling is the only answer. However while the life of a dog is respected the quality of its life is not

• Like 2

Better be careful that you don't piss your wife off.

We've been together for 18 years, I did buy her a house in Thailand so hopefuly I'll be OKsmile.png

Dude, I keep my wife from poisoning me by promising to buy her a house.

You already bought yours one.....................xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjGiN5.w

• Like 1

We had an ongoing number of road kills of dogs. I witnessed the van that was responsible and upon my own investigation found it was involved in many of these "accidents." The locals of influence helped me in this matter and we converged on this muslim individual with a fury. It proved to outcast the offender and they left their property with many things still behind.

The moral of this is, Don't mess with animal loving people. Respect all living things!!!

one of the things I like about this land is the freedom that is given to dogs, my neighbors all let their dogs roam, most just ignore humans, some are my friends, I look forward to seeing them on my walks. Seems the agressive (non socialized) ones are muzzeled or kept behind the fence.

I have lived here many years, no dog problems.... I have picked up rocks on occasion when confronted by unfriendly dogs, that always gets them running. These dog threads always reveal the sick minded poisoners and dog haters, no, this is not London or Perth, get used to it.

• Like 1

We had an ongoing number of road kills of dogs. I witnessed the van that was responsible and upon my own investigation found it was involved in many of these "accidents." The locals of influence helped me in this matter and we converged on this muslim individual with a fury. It proved to outcast the offender and they left their property with many things still behind.

The moral of this is, Don't mess with animal loving people. Respect all living things!!!

You do not make sense. I think your emotions are clouding your logic.

Let's see: "Respect all living things!!!" you say: ...except...

[A] a man who is a "muslim individual" (what, exactly, is a "muslim individual"?) and who drives a van down a road he has the right to drive on, and

converge on him in fury for not being able to avoid the <deleted> dogs that are on that road, and

[C] make his life feel threatened to the point that he is compelled to move with many things still left behind because you place the lives of dogs over that of a human being.

I'll say what most people are probably thinking. This is one of the most idiotic posts ever posted.

How do you like me now?

• Like 2

You do not make sense. I think your emotions are clouding your logic.

Let's see: "Respect all living things!!!" you say: ...except...

[A] a man who is a "muslim individual" (what, exactly, is a "muslim individual"?) and who drives a van down a road he has the right to drive on, and

converge on him in fury for not being able to avoid the <deleted> dogs that are on that road, and

[C] make his life feel threatened to the point that he is compelled to move with many things still left behind because you place the lives of dogs over that of a human being.

I'll say what most people are probably thinking. This is one of the most idiotic posts ever posted.

How do you like me now?

I agree with u cupocoffee, yours is a most idiotic post. Obviously Joe Mamma was recounting an incident where a follower of the prophet (pbuh) a know dog hater, was purposly running over dogs, not hard to do as they often sleep on the roadside. The community dealt with him. What is the problem?

I have a complete fenced yard with chain link fencing, one morning I woke up to a scene of my total population of rabbits had been killed by a dog. My neighbor that owns about 10 dogs advised me to place treated meat in my fenced yard, if one of his dog did it. I did and the next day the meat was gone, a black dog was found dead, about a block from my house and I have never had that problem again.

Animal lovers need to take better care of the animals that they love and keep them on their property because if they do not and it comes on to my property and kills my animals, not to eat but to just kill, I will take care of their problem for them.

Cheers:wai2.gif

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

Very Thai though. Funny how these Buddhists life-lovers are so easily inclined to kill animals they don't like.

Very Indian me thinks