What Happened To Tony?

klubex99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the swamp. coffee1.gif

That is exactly what I said to the missus (with a wry smile) almost all of the evening.

The wife even commented on why the girl kept glancing at the swamp, and wifey even noticed that I was doing it, as a gesture to the waitress. As if to ask (without words) 'Why you keep looking in the swamp?'

In the swamp. coffee1.gif

That is exactly what I said to the missus (with a wry smile) almost all of the evening.

The wife even commented on why the girl kept glancing at the swamp, and wifey even noticed that I was doing it, as a gesture to the waitress. As if to ask (without words) 'Why you keep looking in the swamp?'

Look at the bright side, if anyone offers an award for information of the whereabouts of Tony, you'll be quids in. smile.png

• Like 1

Another "investor" who had served his purpose !!coffee1.gif

That is actually very rational.

Possibly lured him over from the west (or Patts) and sweet talked him into running a bar to support his stay in Korat/Thailand... The rest is history.

Then too ashamed to admit that she/they rolled Tony and dumped him.

Edit: Or he is going to have a row of houses built on him smile.png

Edited by klubex99

Another "investor" who had served his purpose !!coffee1.gif

That is actually very rational.

Possibly lured him over from the west (or Patts) and sweet talked him into running a bar to support his stay in Korat/Thailand... The rest is history.

Then too ashamed to admit that she/they rolled Tony and dumped him.

Edit: Or he is going to have a row of houses built on him smile.png

Not the first guy and not the last one. Kicked out of the house, kicked out of the business and finally kicked out of the country. Sometimes even scared to death and threatend by the whole clan. And there´s nothing he could do and nowhere he could complain. Possibility of this horror story: 50-60%

(Sad) Business as usual in beautyful LOS coffee1.gif

maybe Tony was just a bit tired the night you were there, and was off sleeping with the Pla Duk

I remember being in Hua Hin about 10 years ago, an Ex Australian Air Force bloke, Rodney, had opened a small bar with a few rooms. One afternoon he was telling me that he had not seen his Pommy mate for the best part of a week, which he said was unusual as they used to see each other daily. The Brit in question was said to be 'asset rich' in Hua Hin owning some prime land apparently, among other things. Then Rod went on to say that he saw his Ex (Thai) wife driving around Hua Hin in HIS car with a former, disgraced Thai copper in the vehicle with her. he was wondering whether or not he should be concerned. I told him he should ring the Brit Embassy immediately. Which he did.

They found the Brit about a week later face down in a swamp just outside of Hua Hin.

I believe they got the two hired guns that did it, but as far as I know I don't think anyone else got arrested, and that is about as much as I know.

maybe Tony was just a bit tired the night you were there, and was off sleeping with the Pla Duk

I remember being in Hua Hin about 10 years ago, an Ex Australian Air Force bloke, Rodney, had opened a small bar with a few rooms. One afternoon he was telling me that he had not seen his Pommy mate for the best part of a week, which he said was unusual as they used to see each other daily. The Brit in question was said to be 'asset rich' in Hua Hin owning some prime land apparently, among other things. Then Rod went on to say that he saw his Ex (Thai) wife driving around Hua Hin in HIS car with a former, disgraced Thai copper in the vehicle with her. he was wondering whether or not he should be concerned. I told him he should ring the Brit Embassy immediately. Which he did.

They found the Brit about a week later face down in a swamp just outside of Hua Hin.

I believe they got the two hired guns that did it, but as far as I know I don't think anyone else got arrested, and that is about as much as I know.

I think you may be referring to the Toby Charnaud murder......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398630/Brit-killed-barbecued-split-Thai-bride.html

One of the most brutal and despicable of all ex pat murders.

OT If this is real please call the police, in Bangkok, I would lie low too, remain anonymous to locals who are glancing at the swamp.

Long while back, pre Thai move, used to read a guy named Tony Clifton whose sentiments I wished I'd listened to and now share constantly.

Where is he now....

I think you may be referring to the Toby Charnaud murder......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398630/Brit-killed-barbecued-split-Thai-bride.html

One of the most brutal and despicable of all ex pat murders.

The follow up story with the jail sentences is a much better read.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/910918.thai_bride_jailed_for_farmer_murder/

• Like 2

OT If this is real please call the police, in Bangkok, I would lie low too, remain anonymous to locals who are glancing at the swamp.

Long while back, pre Thai move, used to read a guy named Tony Clifton whose sentiments I wished I'd listened to and now share constantly.

Where is he now....

It is real.... But I really don't think anything sinister is going on. Maybe the glances at the swamp were more that maybe Tony lives in one of the houses beyond the swamp wink.png

I think he was probably the gullible victim of a Thai bar girl honey trap shake down scam for his cash and dumped, I don't think anyone would need to bump him off, there is nothing he can really do if he was lured into parting with his cash to set up a business then told to sling his hook.

Edit: Mind you though. There was a Thai guy there who I noticed as looking very thuggish. He kept looking over at me, he was sort of reclining in a very relaxed posture with hands behind his head, like you may expect to recline in your own home while watching TV. He was still there when we left and that was approaching midnight.

Edited by klubex99

No, that's not the one Blether, this was before 2006. This bloke was actually found 'whole' in a swamp. Seems to be somewhat prevalent in Hua Hin though.

one of the most horrific was in K'buri 2004? where the local police sergeant who was running a bar/restaurant there in Mae Nam Kwae Road ()with live band) at around 2:00AM, he shot the bloke in cold blood on the footpath with two .38 rounds to the chest, then chased, and ran the girlfriend down in his car dragging her down the road, under the car for about 200 metres, then he backed up over again. Opening the car door he could see she wasn't yet dead so he topped her with his pistol.

It was April and I arrived in K'Buri the next day and the place was a buzz with reporters, police, embassy people etc. The local Thais were shocked, horrified and clearly quite upset about the whole thing. It was extremely callous.

Why did he do it? That's another story. The Brit girl had played what turned out to be a deadly game. The bloke was shot because he insulted the coppers 'honour'. So he said in court. They had all been drinking.

He fled to Burma and later surrendered via his lawyer. He got life in the nick but he is probably walking free by now.

He was the described at the time as the local Thai Police 'hard Man' and enforcer.

• Like 1