What Happened To Tony?

klubex99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how far out of town this place is, but if it is any distance at all from town I'd expect you could easily locate all the local sign makers and ask them if they made the signs for 'Tony's Bar' maybe pretend you want something similar - if you come up trumps ask about who ordered the Tony Bar signs and do they have a contact number.

It would be interesting then to suruptitiously call the number from within the bar and see who's phone rings.

• Like 1

Why did he do it? That's another story. The Brit girl had played what turned out to be a deadly game. The bloke was shot because he insulted the coppers 'honour'. So he said in court. They had all been drinking.

He fled to Burma and later surrendered via his lawyer. He got life in the nick but he is probably walking free by now.

deadly game??

I might be wrong but if i remember well. The brit girl did go to the toilette for a pee. The thai cop did follow her and try to rape her there.

She runaway in tears. And her bf, the brit guy did punch the thai cop.

And you know the end...but yes some will argue that the brit was asking to be rapped. You know, put the blame on the foreign victim.

It was the same bs that was thrown the first day, when the young canadian Joel DelPinto was shot dead in Pai: "His gf was having an affair with the local cop..."

Probably won't get you far calling the police. I would probably try and look at a missing persons site (if their is one) for people in Thailand. You never know, you might just see a photo of the same guy on the signs?

Tony was a despicable fellow I have it on inside info he was a wife beater and a lay about as well.

And you can substantiate this with some form of proof can you?

and what exactly do you mean by 'was'?

Edited by klubex99

maybe Tony was just a bit tired the night you were there, and was off sleeping with the Pla Duk

I remember being in Hua Hin about 10 years ago, an Ex Australian Air Force bloke, Rodney, had opened a small bar with a few rooms. One afternoon he was telling me that he had not seen his Pommy mate for the best part of a week, which he said was unusual as they used to see each other daily. The Brit in question was said to be 'asset rich' in Hua Hin owning some prime land apparently, among other things. Then Rod went on to say that he saw his Ex (Thai) wife driving around Hua Hin in HIS car with a former, disgraced Thai copper in the vehicle with her. he was wondering whether or not he should be concerned. I told him he should ring the Brit Embassy immediately. Which he did.

They found the Brit about a week later face down in a swamp just outside of Hua Hin.

I believe they got the two hired guns that did it, but as far as I know I don't think anyone else got arrested, and that is about as much as I know.

I think you may be referring to the Toby Charnaud murder......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398630/Brit-killed-barbecued-split-Thai-bride.html

One of the most brutal and despicable of all ex pat murders.

I better be careful in the future, reading the story. MIL's house full of machete's. Aaah they wont.........i hope.

Call the restaurant and say you'd like to book a party of 30, and say it's a surprise party for Tony .....

Call the restaurant and say....'hi, this is Tony'

LMFAO at both suggestions.

But hi this is Tony made my day.

• Like 1

Call the restaurant and say you'd like to book a party of 30, and say it's a surprise party for Tony .....

Maybe I can persuade the wife to ring them and say she is a private investigator who is trying to locate Tony because his rich aunt has died leaving him $3 million in her will. :)

That's actually a good idea man. Go ahead give it a try. I am serious. I am sure they would get you a foreigner and say: this is Tony, where is the money??

The blame can not be left at the door of the Isaan family!

The truth is he was a fanatical Manchester Utd fan for 20 years and after their recent disaster of a season including a demolition derby by City 4-1.

He has done what most self respecting Man U fans have done.

Vanish without a trace!

The riddle has been solved - he left for Amarrillo - crank up the volume and all will become clearer still!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1DTmXesTo

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang
  • Like 1

Does anyone remember the 1983 computer game by Broderbund? Where in the world is 'Carmen Sandiego?' - I had the Commodore 64 Version

originally designed to teach kids world geography,

maybe there is an opening for a bright young lad to write a game - 'Where in The LOS is Tony?'

it could teach us about Thai Geography. And a host of other topics along the way. The mind boggles at the thought.

anyway, I have nothing more to add, except that Tony was reported to be seen leaving a 7/11 store, with Elvis, in Saphan Buri, last week.

• Like 2

Maybe I can persuade the wife to ring them and say she is a private investigator who is trying to locate Tony because his rich aunt has died leaving him $3 million in her will. smile.png

That's actually a good idea man. Go ahead give it a try. I am serious. I am sure they would get you a foreigner and say: this is Tony, where is the money??

They may even ask me to be the farang seeing as I am probably the only farang that's been in there, there are not a lot of farangs in the immediate area, so I may get first choice ;) Probably why Tony is so missed.

OT If this is real please call the police, in Bangkok, I would lie low too, remain anonymous to locals who are glancing at the swamp.

Long while back, pre Thai move, used to read a guy named Tony Clifton whose sentiments I wished I'd listened to and now share constantly.

Where is he now....

It is real.... But I really don't think anything sinister is going on. Maybe the glances at the swamp were more that maybe Tony lives in one of the houses beyond the swamp wink.png

I think he was probably the gullible victim of a Thai bar girl honey trap shake down scam for his cash and dumped, I don't think anyone would need to bump him off, there is nothing he can really do if he was lured into parting with his cash to set up a business then told to sling his hook.

Edit: Mind you though. There was a Thai guy there who I noticed as looking very thuggish. He kept looking over at me, he was sort of reclining in a very relaxed posture with hands behind his head, like you may expect to recline in your own home while watching TV. He was still there when we left and that was approaching midnight.

When you visited the bar, did it have a sign actually on the bar, such as Tony`s bar or any other name?

When you ordered the food, was the name of the bar printed on the menus?

Surely the actual name of the bar had to be displayed somewhere either at the front of the premises or inside the bar somewhere? Otherwise none of this makes sense, because most of the bars I have ever known have a name.

post-110219-0-27395900-1381263069_thumb.

OT If this is real please call the police, in Bangkok, I would lie low too, remain anonymous to locals who are glancing at the swamp.

Long while back, pre Thai move, used to read a guy named Tony Clifton whose sentiments I wished I'd listened to and now share constantly.

Where is he now....

It is real.... But I really don't think anything sinister is going on. Maybe the glances at the swamp were more that maybe Tony lives in one of the houses beyond the swamp wink.png

I think he was probably the gullible victim of a Thai bar girl honey trap shake down scam for his cash and dumped, I don't think anyone would need to bump him off, there is nothing he can really do if he was lured into parting with his cash to set up a business then told to sling his hook.

Edit: Mind you though. There was a Thai guy there who I noticed as looking very thuggish. He kept looking over at me, he was sort of reclining in a very relaxed posture with hands behind his head, like you may expect to recline in your own home while watching TV. He was still there when we left and that was approaching midnight.

When you visited the bar, did it have a sign actually on the bar, such as Tony`s bar or any other name?

Surely the actual name of the bar had to be displayed somewhere either at the front of the premises or inside the bar somewhere? Otherwise none of this makes sense, because most of the bars I have ever known have a name.

Very easy to re-write menu covers in Thailand that cost 5-20THB a pop when you have just inherited a lump sum of farang cash

• Like 1

I don't know why I care but this story is the only thing worth reading on this dour, depressing (I hate Thailand) forum at the moment. I am intrigued by this. Wouldn't be great if the members of TV were the ones who cracked this case open. It is a bit like going to one of those murder mystery dinner nights in our countries. Only difference was that was fake (staged), this one is either real (or staged) for insurances back home, OP, please keep up the work, fill us in on new details and let us all deliberate! We will get those sons/daughters of......

• Like 2

Where is he now....

Very easy to re-write menu covers in Thailand that cost 5-20THB a pop when you have just inherited a lump sum of farang cash

Agreed, but my question is; what is the actual name of the bar as displayed on or in the bar? Or should we just call it, the bar with no name?

• Like 2

maybe Tony was just a bit tired the night you were there, and was off sleeping with the Pla Duk

I remember being in Hua Hin about 10 years ago, an Ex Australian Air Force bloke, Rodney, had opened a small bar with a few rooms. One afternoon he was telling me that he had not seen his Pommy mate for the best part of a week, which he said was unusual as they used to see each other daily. The Brit in question was said to be 'asset rich' in Hua Hin owning some prime land apparently, among other things. Then Rod went on to say that he saw his Ex (Thai) wife driving around Hua Hin in HIS car with a former, disgraced Thai copper in the vehicle with her. he was wondering whether or not he should be concerned. I told him he should ring the Brit Embassy immediately. Which he did.

They found the Brit about a week later face down in a swamp just outside of Hua Hin.

I believe they got the two hired guns that did it, but as far as I know I don't think anyone else got arrested, and that is about as much as I know.

I think you may be referring to the Toby Charnaud murder......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-398630/Brit-killed-barbecued-split-Thai-bride.html

One of the most brutal and despicable of all ex pat murders.

The follow up story with the jail sentences is a much better read.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/910918.thai_bride_jailed_for_farmer_murder/

The intellect of some people:

Quote: She Pannada says she thought she deserved 50 years not life. Either way she has got a long way to come down before she gets out of jail."

And this comes from a 35 year old,who apparently does not see the irony of her remark!

• Like 1

Where is he now....

OK... Here is the full background as I am aware.

This place opened up about 8 months ago as a small coffee bar, I paid no attention to the place because I don't do coffee bars.So I didn't take notice of the name.

Then after a few weeks it ceased to trade. Probably went bust as usual, which is very common here because Thais have little imagination and tend to copy each other if they see a baht in it. Too many of the same business springing up in a very small area. It's the Thai way.... Business suicide rules here.

Then about 6 weeks or so ago, the signs sprung up... one at the end of my street and the other bang opposite the coffee bar which had been improved and extended with big flat screen TV added.presumably for the footy.

Most businesses around here usually have the name in Thai, there are not too many farangs here, so not so often in English... The menus are all in Thai around here so i never bother to pick one up, the wife orders, she knows what I like and what I hate, and just tells me which of my 'likes' are available.

I did look around for a sign, and there was one, but I can't remember what the name was... It was 'something coffee' I wasn't sure if it was the name of the place or a brand of coffee.

I have been awake all night, so later after some sleep I will take a drive down there and take a couple of pictures and post them here.

As far as I am aware, all references to Tony are non present.

The place is set up like a bar, not a coffee bar, I was drinking beers. Actually quite a relaxing little place if I was to be honest.

Where is he now....

OK... Here is the full background as I am aware.

This place opened up about 8 months ago as a small coffee bar, I paid no attention to the place because I don't do coffee bars.So I didn't take notice of the name.

Then after a few weeks it ceased to trade. Probably went bust as usual, which is very common here because Thais have little imagination and tend to copy each other if they see a baht in it. Too many of the same business springing up in a very small area. It's the Thai way.... Business suicide rules here.

Then about 6 weeks or so ago, the signs sprung up... one at the end of my street and the other bang opposite the coffee bar which had been improved and extended with big flat screen TV added.presumably for the footy.

Most businesses around here usually have the name in Thai, there are not too many farangs here, so not so often in English... The menus are all in Thai around here so i never bother to pick one up, the wife orders, she knows what I like and what I hate, and just tells me which of my 'likes' are available.

I did look around for a sign, and there was one, but I can't remember what the name was... It was 'something coffee' I wasn't sure if it was the name of the place or a brand of coffee.

I have been awake all night, so later after some sleep I will take a drive down there and take a couple of pictures and post them here.

As far as I am aware, all references to Tony are non present.

The place is set up like a bar, not a coffee bar, I was drinking beers. Actually quite a relaxing little place if I was to be honest.

I pray to God this won't be your last post ever.