What Happened To Tony?

klubex99

It is real.... But I really don't think anything sinister is going on. Maybe the glances at the swamp were more that maybe Tony lives in one of the houses beyond the swamp wink.png

I think he was probably the gullible victim of a Thai bar girl honey trap shake down scam for his cash and dumped, I don't think anyone would need to bump him off, there is nothing he can really do if he was lured into parting with his cash to set up a business then told to sling his hook.

Edit: Mind you though. There was a Thai guy there who I noticed as looking very thuggish. He kept looking over at me, he was sort of reclining in a very relaxed posture with hands behind his head, like you may expect to recline in your own home while watching TV. He was still there when we left and that was approaching midnight.

When you visited the bar, did it have a sign actually on the bar, such as Tony`s bar or any other name?

When you ordered the food, was the name of the bar printed on the menus?

Surely the actual name of the bar had to be displayed somewhere either at the front of the premises or inside the bar somewhere? Otherwise none of this makes sense, because most of the bars I have ever known have a name.

OK... Here is the full background as I am aware.

This place opened up about 8 months ago as a small coffee bar, I paid no attention to the place because I don't do coffee bars.So I didn't take notice of the name.

Then after a few weeks it ceased to trade. Probably went bust as usual, which is very common here because Thais have little imagination and tend to copy each other if they see a baht in it. Too many of the same business springing up in a very small area. It's the Thai way.... Business suicide rules here.

Then about 6 weeks or so ago, the signs sprung up... one at the end of my street and the other bang opposite the coffee bar which had been improved and extended with big flat screen TV added.presumably for the footy.

Most businesses around here usually have the name in Thai, there are not too many farangs here, so not so often in English... The menus are all in Thai around here so i never bother to pick one up, the wife orders, she knows what I like and what I hate, and just tells me which of my 'likes' are available.

I did look around for a sign, and there was one, but I can't remember what the name was... It was 'something coffee' I wasn't sure if it was the name of the place or a brand of coffee.

I have been awake all night, so later after some sleep I will take a drive down there and take a couple of pictures and post them here.

As far as I am aware, all references to Tony are non present.

The place is set up like a bar, not a coffee bar, I was drinking beers. Actually quite a relaxing little place if I was to be honest.

I pray to God this won't be your last post ever.

He should dress like a reporter when taking the pics.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the OP's last post we have at least some more background of him to see if he is capable in solving the "where is Tony gone mystery ?".

He cant read thai, his wife needs to order his food and is very supportive in that because she knows what he likes to eat, he does not hold the small thai businessowners in high regard (copycats), he likes to drink beer and suffers from, early stages yet, Alzheimer. On a positive note we read that he takes his work into the bedroom by thinking too mutt.

IMO he really needs to convince with decent follow up to prove his mysterysolving skills.

• Like 1

It is real.... But I really don't think anything sinister is going on. Maybe the glances at the swamp were more that maybe Tony lives in one of the houses beyond the swamp wink.png

I think he was probably the gullible victim of a Thai bar girl honey trap shake down scam for his cash and dumped, I don't think anyone would need to bump him off, there is nothing he can really do if he was lured into parting with his cash to set up a business then told to sling his hook.

Edit: Mind you though. There was a Thai guy there who I noticed as looking very thuggish. He kept looking over at me, he was sort of reclining in a very relaxed posture with hands behind his head, like you may expect to recline in your own home while watching TV. He was still there when we left and that was approaching midnight.

When you visited the bar, did it have a sign actually on the bar, such as Tony`s bar or any other name?

When you ordered the food, was the name of the bar printed on the menus?

Surely the actual name of the bar had to be displayed somewhere either at the front of the premises or inside the bar somewhere? Otherwise none of this makes sense, because most of the bars I have ever known have a name.

OK... Here is the full background as I am aware.

This place opened up about 8 months ago as a small coffee bar, I paid no attention to the place because I don't do coffee bars.So I didn't take notice of the name.

Then after a few weeks it ceased to trade. Probably went bust as usual, which is very common here because Thais have little imagination and tend to copy each other if they see a baht in it. Too many of the same business springing up in a very small area. It's the Thai way.... Business suicide rules here.

Then about 6 weeks or so ago, the signs sprung up... one at the end of my street and the other bang opposite the coffee bar which had been improved and extended with big flat screen TV added.presumably for the footy.

Most businesses around here usually have the name in Thai, there are not too many farangs here, so not so often in English... The menus are all in Thai around here so i never bother to pick one up, the wife orders, she knows what I like and what I hate, and just tells me which of my 'likes' are available.

I did look around for a sign, and there was one, but I can't remember what the name was... It was 'something coffee' I wasn't sure if it was the name of the place or a brand of coffee.

I have been awake all night, so later after some sleep I will take a drive down there and take a couple of pictures and post them here.

As far as I am aware, all references to Tony are non present.

The place is set up like a bar, not a coffee bar, I was drinking beers. Actually quite a relaxing little place if I was to be honest.

I pray to God this won't be your last post ever.

Lol.... I'll be discreet.

I may go in there with wifey's uncle and have a beer. They will surely know him, he is a pretty high ranking copper. Maybe we can all talk about where Tony is wink.png

Based on the OP's last post we have at least some more background of him to see if he is capable in solving the "where is Tony gone mystery ?".

He cant read thai, his wife needs to order his food and is very supportive in that because she knows what he likes to eat, he does not hold the small thai businessowners in high regard (copycats), he likes to drink beer and suffers from, early stages yet, Alzheimer. On a positive note we read that he takes his work into the bedroom by thinking too mutt.

IMO he really needs to convince with decent follow up to prove his mysterysolving skills.

I only hold thai business owners in low regard who open up exact same businesses next door to the business that had the original idea that they copied from BKK or wherever. Then another opens up the road, and within a year all of them go bust because they diluted the customer pool so thinly nobody is making any profit.

Don't know what its like where you are, but here... That;s how it works.

In town there is a road where there are literally 10 shoe repairers sitting in a line on the pavement with maybe 2 of them mending shoes. How do they survive?

I don't know where the Alzheimer bit comes into it, my grey matter is as sharp as the next guy's most of the time it is way sharper.

I only hold thai business owners in low regard who open up exact same businesses next door to the business that had the original idea that they copied from BKK or wherever. Then another opens up the road, and within a year all of them go bust because they diluted the customer pool so thinly nobody is making any profit.

Don't know what its like where you are, but here... That;s how it works.

In town there is a road where there are literally 10 shoe repairers sitting in a line on the pavement with maybe 2 of them mending shoes. How do they survive?

I don't know where the Alzheimer bit comes into it, my grey matter is as sharp as the next guy's most of the time it is way sharper.

OP, keep focussing on your task in solvkng the mystery. No reason to confirm what we already know about your opinions. As sharp as the next guy ? Well......hope the next guys name was not Tony !

I don't know why I care but this story is the only thing worth reading on this dour, depressing (I hate Thailand) forum at the moment.

Maybe you can start off by not shooting the messenger. Shit happens! And it's reported and discussed here.

Don't like it? Don't read it! Not rocket science!

Now wifey's uncle is a copper.... This gets better and better

Well it didn't just happen last night. He's been in the police for over 25 years, but I was only joking when I said I will bring him over.... lol

To be totally honest. I don't think I really care what happened to Tony. If he got himself scammed, then more fool him. If he got worse than that, there is little I can do about it now.

I started this thread with tongue in cheek, mostly to see what the TV member reactions and responses would be, and I was pretty correct in my assumptions. Although everything said ha been the truth. It's up to you lot to discuss the possibilities. I ain't going to investigate it. I have other much more important things to focus on.

I am happy to add a few pictures in case anyone from Korat reads and knows Tony.

That's about it really.

Well it didn't just happen last night. He's been in the police for over 25 years, but I was only joking when I said I will bring him over.... lol

To be totally honest. I don't think I really care what happened to Tony. If he got himself scammed, then more fool him. If he got worse than that, there is little I can do about it now.

I started this thread with tongue in cheek, mostly to see what the TV member reactions and responses would be, and I was pretty correct in my assumptions. Although everything said ha been the truth. It's up to you lot to discuss the possibilities. I ain't going to investigate it. I have other much more important things to focus on.

I am happy to add a few pictures in case anyone from Korat reads and knows Tony.

That's about it really.

So, just another SCAM !!!!!!

I don't know why I care but this story is the only thing worth reading on this dour, depressing (I hate Thailand) forum at the moment.

Maybe you can start off by not shooting the messenger. Shit happens! And it's reported and discussed here.

I think you have misread Bikkii's meaning ... I thinks he's actually enjoying this thread.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

That's about it really.

No don't give up I'm loving it - I keep waiting for the real Tony to log into TV and said it's me.

There are 8 million stories in the naked city, this has been one of them.

Didn't take you as a Pattaya fan beetlejuice

You`re obviously not old enough to remember the 1950s American TV series, Naked City. The Naked city was actually, New York.

Age can have its advantages. Keep up the good work BJ.

I think you have misread Bikkii's meaning ... I thinks he's actually enjoying this thread.

Too true David. Clearly if H1w4.. had read the rest of my post and not chopped bits out to make up his silly arguement then he would have understood that? But hey, it sure ain't rocket science !

• Like 1

There are many tv members with the name; Tony. Will the true and only tony stand up please ?

You might be waiting a while.

If I let myself be scammed, I doubt I would stand up to be counted... :)

Not gotten round to take that photo yet, but will do it tomorrow, I am passing the place.

There are many tv members with the name; Tony. Will the true and only tony stand up please ?

Not gotten round to take that photo yet, but will do it tomorrow, I am passing the place.

Window open, do not forget. Let your wife drive. Slowly !

Waiting.

If I let myself be scammed, I doubt I would stand up to be counted... smile.png

So actually all Tony's that don't reply can be suspected to be THE Tony.

So actually all Tony's that don't reply can be suspected to be THE Tony.

Have seen some TONY'S reading this topic but not placing comments. Have them written down. Can reveal them at OP's request. There are many TONY'S though member of TV. Lets hope OP's relationship with his wife is sound. Copper in her family !?!?

Waiting.

Me too.