How to get round the issue of a foreigner owning a house in Thailand but not the land

Certain Thai houses can (somewhat) easily be moved if they are not concrete and don't have an in-the-groud foundation. That's especially true of the classic teak-wood houses that are sit on stilts.

You could maximize the ease of an eventual move by designing and situating the house with that move in mind.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 2

Not so easy but can.

1.) First buy Land (sanot only) without anything on the top !!! If there are a house all ready, is will not working. (Your Thai fan can do it)

2.) Then register is Land on the Land department on the Name of your Thai fan .

3.) Make a 2x30 years Renting contract for this Land with your Thai fan and let is register in the Land department. Use a Layer to do it. It will take 6-12 months.

4.) Pay the Land Tax after register is finish

5.) Start then and NOT BEFORE , to make your house in according with the Thai regulation.

Then you are the owner of the house (not of the Land) for the next 2x30 years. After this time , your Thai fan get is house.

Certain Thai houses can (somewhat) easily be moved if they are not concrete and don't have an in-the-groud foundation. That's especially true of the classic teak-wood houses that are sit on stilts.

You could maximize the ease of an eventual move by designing and situating the house with that move in mind.

All is needed is a bit of forethought.Got to get it passed the missus though.Could lease land and plonk a transportable on it.

Not so easy but can.

1.) First buy Land (sanot only) without anything on the top !!! If there are a house all ready, is will not working. (Your Thai fan can do it)

3.) Make a 2x30 years Renting contract for this Land with your Thai fan and let is register in the Land department. Use a Layer to do it. It will take 6-12 months.

5.) Start then and NOT BEFORE , to make your house in according with the Thai regulation.

Then you are the owner of the house (not of the Land) for the next 2x30 years. After this time , your Thai fan get is house.

Does anyone understand this or is it just me?

1. No problem buying an existing land plot and house (something on the top?). Register the house in your name, land in fan???? g/f/wifes name with 3 x 30 year leases.

3. 6-12 months? I registered my lease in about 30 minutes.

Then you are the owner of the house for the next 60 years, but then your fan??? g/f/wife gets it. Not true. A properly constructed document will alllow you to leave the house to whomever you wish.

I wish people would STOP giving incorrect information.

Not so easy but can.

Does anyone understand this or is it just me?

1. No problem buying an existing land plot and house (something on the top?). Register the house in your name, land in fan???? g/f/wifes name with 3 x 30 year leases.

3. 6-12 months? I registered my lease in about 30 minutes.

Then you are the owner of the house for the next 60 years, but then your fan??? g/f/wife gets it. Not true. A properly constructed document will alllow you to leave the house to whomever you wish.

I wish people would STOP giving incorrect information.

Just in case many of you missed it the thread is in the Jokes forum and was not intended to be serious.

If you want a serious thread on house and land ownership it is elsewhere.

• Like 2