Old car ban in Bangkok was just an idea: deputy city police chief

webfact

I really wonder what this annual"MOT" type inspection is like here in Thailand, which is compulsory for cars that are 7+ years old.

They check the brakes, drive train, emissions, lights, signals, wipers, etc...... which would eliminate a large percentage of vehicles over 7 yrs. old currently on the road if they ever went and got their vehicles inspected.

How would they get a Vehicle Tax sticker? One needs to show the inspection certificate in order to get the tax sticker.

Edited by Morakot

I really wonder what this annual"MOT" type inspection is like here in Thailand, which is compulsory for cars that are 7+ years old.

They check the brakes, drive train, emissions, lights, signals, wipers, etc...... which would eliminate a large percentage of vehicles over 7 yrs. old currently on the road if they ever went and got their vehicles inspected.

How would they get a Vehicle Tax sticker? One needs to show the inspection certificate in order to get the tax sticker.

For a fee all things are possible.

Banning vehicles over 10 years old would number Bangkok's volunteer ambulance fleet down to about 3 vehicles.

Although the way some of those gimps hoon around in their bags of shit you'd be better off making your own way to the hospital even if you'd been decapitated.

A ban on how Thais park which always blocks the roads would be a better idea.

And when the vehicles DO break down or have an accident, take some pictures and MOVE THEM TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD instead of waiting for an hour with it blocking the road for insurance to come take pics.

Having had this happen last Sunday night with an 80 year old Thai feller that would not admit being at fault (despite driving like a senile old fool), one needs the police to be near enough, with a can of spray paint in hand (our cop had to borrow a can), to record their position or you can't move your car. Again this is a problem that Thais just cannot admit when they make a mistake and take the blame for an accident. You have to get each insurance company to come, take photos, draw diagrams, collect testimonies and if the 2 parties cannot agree, it goes to the police station for them to decide. Again, Thais are just too immature, and yes I am tarring the whole lot with the same brush cos it is a fact. In the history of Thailand, and I know this must be the most remarkable instance of this happening anywhere in world history, no Thai has ever made a mistake in thousands of years.

Immature? IMO there is immaturity in all of us, not just the Thais.