Phuket postal mail delivery delays or irregular frequency delivery of mail ?

MK1

We live in Thalang district, Phuket, and we have not received any mail deliveries to our home since the 17th of September 2013. When we do receive mail it is usually in large bundles, which appears to be every 3-4 weeks. My wife called the postal manager at Thalang Post office branch yesterday to find out the reason for the mail delivery delay. The manager explained frankly, that they had a problem with retaining staff to process and deliver the mail with no indication insight when the problem would be rectified. From what we know, if you live in ‘Cherng Talay’ district of Phuket, it seems to be a different story with most receiving mail deliveries daily.

Has anyone else on the island experienced any similar mail delay difficulties or irregular frequency mail deliveries in recent times?

Old problem. Mail delivery is hit and miss all over Thailand. In the part of Khao Lak where I live, 2 years ago there was no delivery service for months at an end. At the post office they kept telling me that they still couldn't find anybody willing to do the job. If they manage to find somebody, the person's work ethics will vary. Quite a few of them save up your mail till there is a lot before coming to your front door. No use if it is like bills which have to be paid before a certain date.Mail sent by EMS is more reliable, but still last week it took 7 days for documents sent by EMS from Bangkok to get to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are missing many parcels from overseas, small inexpensive things but still. We never ever had one parcel go missing in Kata. Kata post office is fantastic.
We have just moved our health food company/ office to Cherng Talay and moved our residence too. Since August I have had at least 5 small packet/envelope things missing.
Misc stuff too like small electronic parts from Ebay China etc. I have gone to Talang to complain.

Sometimes our packages can be picked up in Cherng Talay and the staff is quite nice there. We are there daily shipping packages out. But sometimes the notification is for Talang.

If the staff is rotating then there is a high probability of theft. I hope someone is enjoying the Japanese printed ribbon worth 40 baht, 2 purple waterproof iPhone cases and the worst, 2 USA drivers license.

One time we even got our EMS noticed delivered on SUNDAY! Which means the civil servant must have "taken his work home with him".

I am wondering if anyone has lost packages addressed to a THAI name?

We are missing many parcels from overseas, small inexpensive things but still. We never ever had one parcel go missing in Kata. Kata post office is fantastic.

We have just moved our health food company/ office to Cherng Talay and moved our residence too. Since August I have had at least 5 small packet/envelope things missing.

Misc stuff too like small electronic parts from Ebay China etc. I have gone to Talang to complain.

Sometimes our packages can be picked up in Cherng Talay and the staff is quite nice there. We are there daily shipping packages out. But sometimes the notification is for Talang.

If the staff is rotating then there is a high probability of theft. I hope someone is enjoying the Japanese printed ribbon worth 40 baht, 2 purple waterproof iPhone cases and the worst, 2 USA drivers license.

One time we even got our EMS noticed delivered on SUNDAY! Which means the civil servant must have "taken his work home with him".

I have given up its a lottery!

I quite often receive mail on sundays, nothing special there. In rawai where I live I never receive mail, no matter who addressed to, in kata I receive everyting, excellent service there.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app