Am I Hi-so?

puukao

> up at 8 p.m., wide-awake. time for the night walk.

> first i go to my favorite internet cafe. that is 15 baht i'll never see again. just like these 3 minutes you will never get back. haha.

> i then hit up thapae gate and observe. after 10-minutes i decide to practice thai with someone too nervous to simply run,

> and consider getting a beer. consideration declined.

So what else happened between 8:30ish pm and half past 2am at night when you wrote this?

Blackout? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And more importantly, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

AFAIC the most difficult question. As a kid my favourite reply was: "I don't know"... and it has not really changed since then.

Henceforth, I tend to understand that what is important is the way and not the goal.

Not Chiang Mai related - moving to General

For which we are eternally grateful as further proof is now served to the curmudgeons in General that Chiang Mai does indeed host a lot of space cadets quirky band of lost souls.

PS. OP, please stop drinking the moat water.

• Like 1

i then hit up thapae gate and observe. after 10-minutes i decide to practice thai with someone too nervous to simply run, cheesy.gif

You should write novels or go to work for one of the local publications!

If they ran, could you catch them? I tried to run yesterday, stopped after making it across the 4 lane road, I was exhausted, wanted a beer but declined.....

I hope you're going to come back in the morning when your head has cleared and tell us what that's all about. I sometimes advise people to get out a bit more often, but in your case I think you should stay in for a while.

Indeed.

Get a bicycle, it will allow you to extend your travels.

Exactly. This would have been my life if i did NOT have a bicycle. Well, I also take classes at AUA in Thai as well.

I have ridden about 6,000 miles in Thailand over 6 months, and taken a few thai courses (3).

I'm not saying the biking has made life that much more interesting; however, without the bike......this could be me!!!

Oh, I could have spiced it up with my female neighbors bothering me, teaching a little english, and some more things...but maybe for another post.

*note: I've gone up to doi suthep over 50 times, near the caves up north about 6-7 times (80+ miles round trip) and the town of hot down south (100 miles round-trip). i've ridden with a few clowns.

the thai courses would take 2 hours a day, plus 1 hour outside of class. 5x a week. biking about 2-4 hours a day. amazingly, only one tiny accident while going to get my haircut.