1 year overstay, want to leave next week and come back legally

I have overstayed by about 1 year. I am planning on going to the immigration office next week with my plane ticket in hand and my 20,000 baht. I plan to come back legally and I want to know the best way to do this. A couple questions:

1. Should I bring a lawyer? If so, does anyone know of an immigration lawyer in Trang?

2. What should I do once I get back to my country to be allowed back into Thailand legally, with some sort of 'long' visa (6+ months)? I am a teacher (illegally)

3. Is there any reason why I would not be allowed back into Thailand?

Thanks so much, hoping to get this all sorted out by the middle of November

Alysha815

Skip going to immigration. Just go to airport with 20K baht in hand and pay it there when you leave. Just allow for the extra time needed to pay the fine.

No problem to re-enter the country.

You should get a least at single entry tourist visa before you return. You can get 2 entry visas in Laos.

• Like 1

I have overstayed by about 1 year.  I am planning on going to the immigration office next week with my plane ticket in hand and my 20,000 baht.  I plan to come back legally and I want to know the best way to do this.  A couple questions:

1. Should I bring a lawyer?  If so, does anyone know of an immigration lawyer in Trang?

2. What should I do once I get back to my country to be allowed back into Thailand legally, with some sort of 'long' visa (6+ months)?  I am a teacher (illegally)

3. Is there any reason why I would not be allowed back into Thailand?

Thanks so much, hoping to get this all sorted out by the middle of November

Alysha815

Go straight to the airport... DON'T GO TO IMMGRATION IN TRANG

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I paid an overstay at the airport only a few weeks back and it only added around 10 minutes to the immigration procedure - I spent longer waiting in the immigration queue. The airline check in lady noticed it on my passport and actually gave me a special card to give to immigration saying I needed assistance for an overstay.