Let them Eat Tail: Croc meat offered to flood victims

webfact

Croc meat at Makro comes from Aust.   I wanted to purchase Thai farm raised croc meat

in Pattaya area.............Where to purchase "locally farmed" crock meat was the question

you can buy it raw or prepared at Pattaya's Crocodile Farm.

How is it prepared? "ok crocodile, smile nicely for the hammer"

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seems to be the "in food" in LOS at the moment.

Had dinner last night with our local neighbor ( C of P) and he insisted that I try the crok meat.

He thought it was great ...me ...yea... OK.

Didn"t mention that I tried it many times over the years and always found it....so..so...... I prefer "kai"

First time was way back in OZ with a plate of deep fried oysters in around 1970 ..before I got deported.

Anyways suggested that I will get him some camel meat/steak on next occasion.......................anyone eaten camel...YUCH...like old smelly sox...MPR...but... tit

I've never eaten croc., but if it tastes like 'gater does in SE Texass/Louisiana it should be good. When I lived up in the mountains of northern New Mexico (Nuevo Mexico del Norte) I used to bring back 'gater occasionally when my parents were still alive. I never told anybody what it was until they had eaten, funny they all loved it. The tail is the best part but you have to be very careful when skinning/cleaning. If you leave any fat on the meat, or get it on your knife without immediately cleaning it will positively ruin the taste, still have the scar on thumb from not stopping to sharpen knife while cleaning-dull spot hit sharp spot, ouch! The Karankawa Indians on the Texas Gulf Coast used the fat to keep mosquitoes from biting them, ah allegedly they ate people too and stunk to high heaven. Somehow I don't think they sneaked up on very many enemies. Anyway, I'd jump at the chance to eat croc. if I knew where it came from and how clean it was.