Chinese woman arrested at MBK mall in Bangkok for using fake credit cards

webfact

Chinese Woman Arrested At MBK Mall For Using Fake Credit Cards

232.jpg
Tourist Police were able to arrest a Chinese woman who attempted to buy gold from a goldsmith using a fake credit card.

BANGKOK – October 11, 2013 [PDN]; At the headquarters of the Tourist Police Division, Police announced the arrest of 28 year-old Ms. Moei Rui, a Chinese national. Police were able to seize 7 fake credit cards, 1 fake passport and her wallet. She was arrested at the well-known MBK mall in Bangkok.

Police came to Ms. Rui’s following a report from SCB officers (Siam Commerical Bank) saying that there have been credit cards transactions using fake credit cards at the MBK mall, which eventually led to her arrest.

Police discovered that there was no Thai immigration stamp on Ms. Rui’s passport, which confirmed that she was either using a fake passport or she came into Thailand illegally.

Ms. Rui confessed that she cooperated with her Taiwanese friend who also residing Thailand to buy gold from goldsmiths using their fake credit cards. She said that she would have had to share the money with her Taiwanese partner.

Police have now charged for fraud and illegally entering the Kingdom of Thailand.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/11/chinese-woman-arrested-at-mbk-mall-for-using-fake-credit-cards/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-10-11

Do the police have a press conference for every solved crime?

Can't bust too many or they wouldn't have the time.....

Catching a petty credit card fraudster isn't exactly the same as catching the Yorkshire ripper or OBL...

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 2

I call bull ! Fake picture !

Note there's NO finger pointing ! Also no photo of her passport, or complete address of where she (allegedly) was staying !

I also note that they made NO reference to trying to find this (alleged) partner of hers ! And only 5 police officers in the pic ? Where's the pics of the re-enactment ?

Just terrible.

Thailand - new hub of credit/ATM card scammers, where people from China, Estonia, the UK, Bulgaria Germany and Turkey (and no doubt many others) come to ply their trade !

and one can't make out whether she has big or small boobs dry.png

What's she hiding up her sleeves?

"Police came to Ms. Ruis following a report from SCB officers (Siam Commerical Bank) saying that there have been credit cards transactions using fake credit cards at the MBK mall, which eventually led to her arrest."

Got to wonder why she only used them in MBK. If she'd moved around Bangkok a bit she might still be getting away with it. Thank goodness for the stupidity of thieves.

Note there's NO finger pointing ! Also no photo of her passport, or complete address of where she (allegedly) was staying !

I also note that they made NO reference to trying to find this (alleged) partner of hers ! And only 5 police officers in the pic ? Where's the pics of the re-enactment ?

Just terrible.

Thailand - new hub of credit/ATM card scammers, where people from China, Estonia, the UK, Bulgaria Germany and Turkey (and no doubt many others) come to ply their trade !

A rampant rabbit ?

This could be the start of an epidemic. The cops have no problem with fake Chinese goods and credit cards. However, when Chinese sell and use these directly and cut out the middle man, that's tea money out their pockets. A VERY BIG NO NO in Thailand. Lesson to be learned...No underground business takes place in Thailand without the big boys getting their cut of the actionwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

Hmmmm very poor photography.... where is the full facial, this is a foreigner after all. I thought only Thai nationals were allowed to cover their faces (And wear baseball hats the wrong way around). Only 6 police in the shot as well.... me smells a cover up. Its ok.... it will be farang fault.

You gotta laugh, but at least they caught one bad egg. Hope they find the rest of the dozen... very seldom do they travel alone.

The Chinese are very good at copying everything....except Lambos! biggrin.png

Pathetic responses.

Why do Farangs on ThaiVisa think that an Asian criminal is less of a criminal than a Farang criminal ?

You lot have to try to ridicule them more because they are Asian, it says more about you than it says about them.

And of course, you'd all have plenty to say to their faces wouldn't you ? wink.png

Edited by Banzai99

Pathetic responses.

Why do Farangs on ThaiVisa think that an Asian criminal is less of a criminal than a Farang criminal ?

You lot have to try to ridicule them more because they are Asian, it says more about you than it says about them.

And of course, you'd all have plenty to say to their faces wouldn't you ? wink.png

HaHa,too funny,sticking up for a criminal because they are Asian.Your Asian tinted specs need changing.HaHaHa.

Pathetic responses.

HaHa,too funny,sticking up for a criminal because they are Asian.Your Asian tinted specs need changing.HaHaHa.

So, you would speak up, not here, in real life, away from anonymous city ?

Yeah, of course you would. biggrin.png

I actually saw a Chinese chef try to make a English pasty (ala Devon) and an American-style seafood gumbo. The results were as outlandish as this story.

Resume rants.

Hmmmm very poor photography.... where is the full facial, this is a foreigner after all. I thought only Thai nationals were allowed to cover their faces (And wear baseball hats the wrong way around). Only 6 police in the shot as well.... me smells a cover up. Its ok.... it will be farang fault.

You gotta laugh, but at least they caught one bad egg. Hope they find the rest of the dozen... very seldom do they travel alone.

PRC arrestees always appear to get 'softer' and somewhat more...considerate treatment from the police than average foreigners.

Edited by marell

Is she from ROC or PRC?

Taiwan is mentioned so let's assume R.O.C.

I wonder how she entered Thailand?

You know newspapers....Could be known that her Friends were from Taiwan and she looked Chinese........Nothing sure.

Is she from ROC or PRC?

Taiwan is mentioned so let's assume R.O.C.

I wonder how she entered Thailand?

One would assume buy air, as its a long bloody walk ;-)

You could fly to Cambodia and come with the bus....You could come with the boat....

Fake passport, fake credit cards....in China everything can be fake (and I mean, everything)...and these can be bought easily (don't know the price but probably not more than 500 RMB)

In other news, 5 million Chinese will come to Thailand next year (some sarcastic posters might say that Thailand ain't seen nothing yet).

Do the police have a press conference for every solved crime?

Catching a petty credit card fraudster isn't exactly the same as catching the Yorkshire ripper or OBL...

I think that probably sums it up pretty well.

They can't solve more crime because they're busy having a press conference.

They have time to have a press conference because they don't solve many crimes.

They can't solve more crimes because.......

Still at least they got this one. I notice she's hiding her face which is something I don't remember seeing before. I assumed they weren't allowed to do that.

Just terrible.

HER ARMS !