The irony of the stereotype of foreigner with thai girl relationships

snake24

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Thais assume a Thai girl is a prostitute if she is with a farang. However, the Thais can definitely tell who is a hooker and who isn't. If your darling is a dark skinned Isaan girl who wears garish makeup, is crude, has tattoos, speaks fluent English, and has no education--well, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out.

I have dated bargirls, and professional women (a nurse, an office manager, and teacher), and the Thais can tell who is who.

That said, even when I was with a bargirl, I was never treated badly. I speak Thai and Isaan and can overhear most conversations. The only bad thing I ever heard was a regular girl lamenting that all the farangs go out with bargirls. She was venting her frustration to one of her friends. At the same time, I was treated with an odd form of respect--hard to understand it but it is something like--I am taking care of the poor girl from the village and she is lucky to have me for that.

Personally, I could care less what people think. I took my LBFM to museums, and other cultural events and spoke with professors who were more than polite to our face at least. I get the feeling that they think I am a dirt bag anyway so what does it matter? When I brought an American born Thai girl to a bar in BKK when we traveled together--the bargirls were embarassed and wondered why I brought such a nice lady to a bar like that. The bargirls have zero self worth and it showed when they were around a woman from a less checkered background.

At the end of the day--it's your life. The Thais aren't paying your bills--you are.

Try walking around with a ladyboy in tow someday if you really want people gawk.

Why is such a nice, good looking, educated man with a low class woman?

Do you really care?

seriously you are a nice good looking educated person? so why were you with a thai bargirl?

From the mouth of the horse..several gals in the family, including my gal's sister, worked as a bar hooker in order to find a farang to pay for the credit. Back here at home, it is not really addressed at all. Her older sister (worked at 45 years old and snagged a bright Canadian bloke) had to pay the bills and ran down to Krabi to hook someone. Did it fast, paid the bills, and recommends it to every gal she sees. She says everyone doesn't really care what you did, as long as you come back with the cash and take care of the family. Justifies the whole deal...like it or not. She just finished buying her sixth brand new car in two years!

Hard on cars is she whistling.gif

StreetCowboy, on 12 Oct 2013 - 17:37, said:

FarangKino, on 12 Oct 2013 - 17:15, said:

Being a newbie - this information has me totally shocked!

https://www.facebook.com/InternationalRL?hc_location=stream

Greece 62 - 0 Thailand

just goes to show how little I know!

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiRugbyLeague

http://www.rugbyleagueplanet.com/rlp-nations/thailand/532-rugby-league-planet-thailand

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused

SC

I am confused indeed.. I haven't even known that we have a rugby team.. :>

You need to get out more. Thailand just returned to Asian Division Two after a brief outing with the big boys.

I know its slightly off topic, but does anyonehave any suggestions on how to rescue a fly from a half empty beer glass before he drinks too much if it? He's struggling manfully up the side, I think he's going to make it... And he's away! No he's not, he's gone down for another swig, the cheeky little fly that he is. I've lost all sympathy for him now....

SC

You have your cheeky little fly going in and out of your beer glass and struggling manfully? ...................wow.............beer darts/pool instead of pong????? That must be some balancing act.....kudos - I think,,,,,

As for Thais looking at foreigners with Thai and assuming their relationship isn't legitimate or that the woman is only after money, I really think that isn't true at all. Most Thais actually can tell what social class someone comes from in how they communicate and even carry themselves. I know in my relationship with my wife, we have never encountered ignorance from Thais but plenty from foreigners.

Absolutely.

Not all Thais assume a Thai girl is a prostitute if she is with a farang. However, the Thais can definitely tell who is a hooker and who isn't. If your darling is a dark skinned Isaan girl who wears garish makeup, is crude, has tattoos, speaks fluent English, and has no education--well, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out.

I have dated bargirls, and professional women (a nurse, an office manager, and teacher), and the Thais can tell who is who.

That said, even when I was with a bargirl, I was never treated badly. I speak Thai and Isaan and can overhear most conversations. The only bad thing I ever heard was a regular girl lamenting that all the farangs go out with bargirls. She was venting her frustration to one of her friends. At the same time, I was treated with an odd form of respect--hard to understand it but it is something like--I am taking care of the poor girl from the village and she is lucky to have me for that.

Personally, I could care less what people think. I took my LBFM to museums, and other cultural events and spoke with professors who were more than polite to our face at least. I get the feeling that they think I am a dirt bag anyway so what does it matter? When I brought an American born Thai girl to a bar in BKK when we traveled together--the bargirls were embarassed and wondered why I brought such a nice lady to a bar like that. The bargirls have zero self worth and it showed when they were around a woman from a less checkered background.

At the end of the day--it's your life. The Thais aren't paying your bills--you are.

Try walking around with a ladyboy in tow someday if you really want people gawk.

Why is such a nice, good looking, educated man with a low class woman?

Do you really care?

seriously you are a nice good looking educated person? so why were you with a thai bargirl?

Research. That's what I tell my wife anyway.

• Like 1

... I took my LBFM to museums, and other cultural events and spoke with professors who were more than polite to our face at least. ...

'LBFM' ... Now that's a term I've not heard for a long time ... laugh.png

EDIT ... on reflection, I realised that the above comment was not directly related to the OP, so I offer up the fact that in the 7's rugby tournament played this week-end just passed the host nation Australia and the tournament favourites battled it though the early rounds to meet and decide the contest in the Final which, despite the home side starting out with an opening lead of 12 nil, were eventually over-run by the KIWI's 40 - 19

HERE

Edited by David48

What is this thread "about", exactly?

Rugby rules and innebriated insects? at least the interesting parts biggrin.png

It's a poor start to a thread when the OP is so wildly off topic.

Final score Greece 90 - 0 Thailand suggests they have a lot of opportunities for improvement.

SC

... I took my LBFM to museums, and other cultural events and spoke with professors who were more than polite to our face at least. ...

EDIT ... on reflection, I realised that the above comment was not directly related to the OP, so I offer up the fact that in the 7's rugby tournament played this week-end just passed the host nation Australia and the tournament favourites battled it though the early rounds to meet and decide the contest in the Final which, despite the home side starting out with an opening lead of 12 nil, were eventually over-run by the KIWI's 40 - 19

HERE

While we're on the short form code, my apologies for not providing any updates from Mumbai, but Thailand did well earlier this afternoon to reach the Plate Semi-Final, where they lost to the Philippines. Neighbours Malaysia finished two places higher, losing to Sri Lanka in the 3rd / 4th play-off, while Hong Kong overcame favourites and series leaders Japan, reversing Cup Final defeats in Petaling Jaya and Chonburi.

Chinese Taipei beat their mainland compatriots to lift the Bowl, while the Shield went to India after they beat the UAE's all-Emirati team. Afghanistan, in their first senior tournament, finished bottom of the pile.

SC

HERE

While we're on the short form code, my apologies for not providing any updates from Mumbai, but Thailand did well earlier this afternoon to reach the Plate Semi-Final, where they lost to the Philippines. Neighbours Malaysia finished two places higher, losing to Sri Lanka in the 3rd / 4th play-off, while Hong Kong overcame favourites and series leaders Japan, reversing Cup Final defeats in Petaling Jaya and Chonburi.

Chinese Taipei beat their mainland compatriots to lift the Bowl, while the Shield went to India after they beat the UAE's all-Emirati team. Afghanistan, in their first senior tournament, finished bottom of the pile.

SC

I wonder how you say 'wooden spoon' in Pashto?

Would it be fair to say Destitution = prostitution and that greed or need = ignoring the truth. I know I could be banned, criticized but common sense tell me that apart from Thailand prostitution/crime is rife in Catholic controlled countries. Philippines, Venezuela, Mexico, Italy to name a few . Why, population allowed to explode and the rest is history

I'll just chime in with the addition of another Catholic country where "prostitution" is rife...

Brazil!

And to snake24...the OP...HEY...Just exactly what is your question/point to make bub?

Foreign men in any country will eventually get to know a "local lass" and perhaps

sex may be involved then perhaps marriage...who knows? That's been happening

at least since teh Roman legions started their world conquests...and most likely since

way before that too. After all it's their (the foreign man & local lass) business and nobody

else's. Expanding here...this isn't just something new since the Vietnam war era when

Thailand hosted thousands of US & other foreign troops which is where the whole

Farang-Thai Girl thing started anyway...it has been happening in every country on this

planet since humans first started talking to each other instead of whacking each others

heads with clubs. It helps increase & mix up the gene pool so we humans don't all die off

within a millenium.

Or...OP; are you just one of those Born Again Bible thumpers? Irony? Nah...just life.

Apols to NTB...just used your reply as a jump point.

Edited by sunshine51

HERE

SC

I wonder how you say 'wooden spoon' in Pashto?

If it carries on like this, they'll collect so many they start cooking porridge to eat with them.

Thailand really is not that different to any other country in habits of folk

No really, it is different.

I don't know of any parents in the UK who would send their daughter to Blackpool to work as a prostitute and send money home.

(If you don't like my choice of UK beach holiday destination, please feel free to mentally replace it with one of your own)

No, the girls go to Blackpool on their own and start turning tricks. Either don't talk to mom and dad or call and say "yeah, it's great....I bartend/wait tables/work in retail/whatever" and done. The whores in the UK or any country don't just materialize out of thin air when they are 18 or whatever. They are people from real places with real (functional or dysfunctional) families.

Edited by dao16

Bargirl is a state of mind: here is what my ex wrote before I met her (she didn't work in a bar, btw. Had degree with honors, etc):

Educated bar girl

I have been living in Pattaya for almost 3 months. I hoped to have a better job and better personal growth; Pattaya was my destination. As if god doesn’t love me, my destination, which means also my dreams, have been collapsed. Walking path has been blocked, I stopped and was hesitated about which path will be next, and it makes me scare.

Walking on every single soi of Pattaya, you will see many bars crowded by people. They come from different places around Thailand and all around the world with a common destination, here in Pattaya. On those sois, it is easy to find many young girls yelling at you, convincing you to visit their bar. They are called bar girl. I asked some people about bar girl’s definition. Who are they? Simple explanations:

- A girl who live their life by money which is come from sleeping with men.

- A girl who can lie someone for money no matter what lying is about, she doesn’t care but just for money.

- A girl called by normal people that she is a “bad girl”

By above bar girl’s explanation, there is no wonder, here in Pattaya crowded by Them-sin City.

I am educated bar girl.

Have you been wondering? What is the difference between BMW and Toyota car? Answers maybe: the cost, the color, its qualities, or because different test. If you have power to pick one, what you like to choose better? BMW would probably be the first choice. It is considered that would be nicer by its cost. How many time people determine something by its cost? Both cars are actually the same thing; they can take you to needed place, you can be comfortable by both.

I am a BMW woman. I am not saying that I am the best. I am not a qualified car. I am not being able to take you through any destination. I am just a car that considered as a better car by my education. I am an educated bar girl (see bar girl’s explanation once more). You have power. Which car will you use to take you to your DESTINATION. My destination is blocked- anyone want to use my vehicle? I can take you. Where do you want to go? You want to ride me? But I want to warn you something; I am non-feeling car. It is dead since I was here."

And then I sent her to get master's at Chula. Now she is a very educated bar girl.

• Like 1

When I was at Pattaya eating at Foodloft, I spotted a farang with a Thai wife. The farang looked just like a local, doesn't appear to be 'superior' in any sense.

But the locals like to think they are superior to farangs.Did you mean to say the farang just looked like a farang ?

When I was at Pattaya eating at Foodloft, I spotted a farang with a Thai wife. The farang looked just like a local, doesn't appear to be 'superior' in any sense.

But the locals like to think they are superior to farangs.Did you mean to say the farang just looked like a farang ?

I observed them a while. The farang looked like a poor man wearing quite shabbily. But the girl looked ok to me.

Whilst we're on the subject of bar-girls, has anyone been able to explain the principles of the offside rule to a bar-girl to the extent that she can properly understand rucking and mauling?

Personally, I think league would be more easily understood, although Thailand is a staunchly union country.

SC

My girl understands it all....or so she tells me....she's way past the point of trying to impress me.

Smart girl....and she goes weak at the knees at the sight of Johnny Sexton....who wouldn't?

Btw she's not and never has been a bar-girl!

Edited by elsmido

Whilst we're on the subject of bar-girls, has anyone been able to explain the principles of the offside rule to a bar-girl to the extent that she can properly understand rucking and mauling?  

Personally, I think league would be more easily understood, although Thailand is a staunchly union country.

SC

My girl understands it all....or so she tells me....she's way past the point of trying to impress me.

Smart girl....and she goes weak at the knees at the sight of Johnny Sexton....who wouldn't?

I have trouble understanding the rules regarding rucks and mauls particularly when playing the advantage. Does that make me a bar girl?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

SC

I have trouble understanding the rules regarding rucks and mauls particularly when playing the advantage. Does that make me a bar girl?

I get confused ... are hands allowed in the Ruck or the Maul ... or both ... or neither.

After a few beers I have a problem 'staying on my feet' ... usually the penalty isn't instant ... though it goes 'on report' and if the gf hears about it ... I'll be in trouble in the following days ... maybe a week off the playing field ... whistling.gif

SC

I get confused ... are hands allowed in the Ruck or the Maul ... or both ... or neither.

After a few beers I have a problem 'staying on my feet' ... usually the penalty isn't instant ... though it goes 'on report' and if the gf hears about it ... I'll be in trouble in the following days ... maybe a week off the playing field ... Posted Image

When chatting to bar girls about the rules of rugby, it's best, I find, to keep it simple - ball on the ground Ruck - ball in the hand Maul. Usually draws a cheer from the crowd - some cowboy or another had been confusing them lately

• Like 1

SC

After a few beers I have a problem 'staying on my feet' ... usually the penalty isn't instant ... though it goes 'on report' and if the gf hears about it ... I'll be in trouble in the following days ... maybe a week off the playing field ...  Posted Image

Could be worse, you could have ended up in the blood bin especially if the injury was affecting your vision (apart from the beer blur of course)

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sin-bin more likely I would say! Sounds like he's been caught offside one time too many

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Out of interest, can anyone give any feedback on how their Thai lady-friends are enjoying the Heineken Cup?

I went to my local to see if they were showing it, but he said "Heineken bottle, can. Can also can, but Heineken Cup cannot."

Let's hope for better luck with the up-coming World Cup, starting next week.

SC

• Like 2

Out of interest, can anyone give any feedback on how their Thai lady-friends are enjoying the Heineken Cup?

I went to my local to see if they were showing it, but he said "Heineken bottle, can. Can also can, but Heineken Cup cannot."

Let's hope for better luck with the up-coming World Cup, starting next week.

SC

Sadly my Thai Girl Friend, doesn't drink Heineken ... from a Cup or any other vestibule.

Such is life in most countries ... facepalm.gif

Be much easier if they were more like ... just not look like us ... biggrin.png