2 million Baht lottery "winner" arrested

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"She was promptly arrested when the Office realised that the ticket was fake."

They knew it was a fake because they never sell the winning tickets. They are given to already rich people to buy favors would be my guess. Has anyone ever seen a list of the so called winners.

EDIT sorry i should have written big winning tickets

A poor woman in a small village where my girlfriend comes from won 90 million Baht a few years ago. She built a nice house and gave the rest of the money to the local temple.

Is that the local temple where they drive Mercedes Benz and travel around in they'r private jet? clap2.gif

• Like 1

Right. They knew it was a fake coz tickets with first prize are not for sale. It has been revealed already that it's all manipulated. Why they still bother with this scam..called lottery I don't know.

Remember when someone blew the whistle, reporting that the before the draw the winning numbers were put in a freezer so when mixed

with the other balls they were cold to the touch and easily identified as the balls to take out...

I remember a time about three years ago, someone in town absolutely guaranteed they knew the outcome of the two digit underground lottery (which actually works on the official numbers drawn by the state lottery, but just has different betting systems).

So convincing was this person that hundreds of local people bought these two digits, some people in for over 100,000 Baht. :o

They were the digits that made up the number plate of a very prominent politician.

And guess what. The numbers came up as predicted.

If I recall correctly, this happened around 6 times that year. Go figure the odds on that. :rolleyes:

This whole lottery thing is a scam here, tickets have 100 bht printed on them

but they sell for more, special numbers for a lot more,whats the top prize here?

2 M Bht , for the same price ticket in UK and I am sure other countries you can

win multi millions .

With the tickets going through so many hands,each getting a bht or 2,no wonder

they have to sell them for more,then if you are lucky you have to pay commission

to claim your prize money,the whole things corrupt from beginning to end,and why

do they need so many girls to pick the winning numbers, instead of having a machine

were there is virtually no chance of cheating.

Regards Worgeordie

This is all so true.

What gets me, is everytime they see a foreigner relaxing or dining the seller quickly make their way in hopes of selling a ticket,

yet it's printed on the back of each ticket that in order to claim the prize you must provide a copy of your Thai ID card,

not driver license as I found out first hand. Foreigners are not eligible to claim any prize money, they must go through a Thai,

who can provide a copy of their Thai ID card.

I've never understood why a commission has to be given to the seller to claim the prize either...?

It like if the buyer is lucky to win something, he/she must then share the proceeds with the seller.

Give me a break!

Ajarmarc - your comment is total bulldoogey, I won 4 million baht minus taxes, (110,000 Baht) and have been living off it for the past 12 years, all you need is a Thai Bank account and be legal in country, valid passport, and current Visa..........bank charged me about 3,500 baht for the transfer. Too bad interest rate is crappola, and you can't use it to buy a house or land as a foreigner, that money has to be transferred in from outside Thailand (I tried). This was when the Baht was about 44 per dollar...............The seller?? never got a cent from me, unless the taxes was given to the seller...........I doubt this, that was taken by the Lottery Office, and I got a Tax reciept had to show it to the Bank. Years ago, a lot of ex-pats got together and formed Lottery Clubs, bought thousnds of dollars worth of tickets a month, we were almost always in the Black, I would say 70/30, of course that was in the Seventies, the prizes were smaller, but the Lottery was every week.........its probly illegal now.

• Like 2

My question, as yet satisfactorily answered, is:-

What happens to the thousands/hundred of thousands of unsold tickets which are still in the "sellers" tray for 30 minutes prior to the draw? Any ideas anybody?

Best of luck with your guess!

Regards from PEP

Come on guys, give her the money!! On condition she will use it for plastic-surgery.rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif>

Everyone is entitled to be ugly. But some have to Abuse the Privilege.

Hey, she is in her 60's. My bet is that she looks a lot better than you.

The difference is that a 1000 baht note can make me hansum !giggle.gif

And I am not the one sitting in front of the policeofficer trying to claim the big prize with a handwritten lottery-ticket!

Come on guys, what happened to your sense of humour??coffee1.gif

My question, as yet satisfactorily answered, is:-

What happens to the thousands/hundred of thousands of unsold tickets which are still in the "sellers" tray for 30 minutes prior to the draw? Any ideas anybody?

Best of luck with your guess!

Regards from PEP

sometimes they win.

The owner of a lottery shop in Udon Thani became an instant multi-millionaire on Nov 16 when eight of the tickets left unsold in her shop won a total of 42 million baht of the first-prize money.

Nantha Fakkhkao, 51, who runs a lottery shop on Udon Dussadee Road in Muang district, said tickets for the Nov 16 draw did not sell well, probably because it clashed with the the traditional tod kathin robe offering ceremonies and people were busy with farm harvests.

Mrs Nantha said that before the lottery draw on Nov 16 she was 400,000 baht deeper in debt because of the tickets left unsold. So she had planned to borrow another one million baht from a bank to keep her business going, even though she already had an accumulated debt of 10 million baht.

• Like 1

Come on guys, give her the money!! On condition she will use it for plastic-surgery.rolleyes.gif

Everyone is entitled to be ugly. But some have to Abuse the Privilege.

Can you post a picture of yourself so we can all appreciate why good looks are so important to you?

They knew it was a fake because they never sell the winning tickets. They are given to already rich people to buy favors would be my guess. Has anyone ever seen a list of the so called winners.

EDIT sorry i should have written big winning tickets

A poor woman in a small village where my girlfriend comes from won 90 million Baht a few years ago. She built a nice house and gave the rest of the money to the local temple.

Is she full of the proverbial ? Is this house pained white ? Is it in America or England ?. Washington or London ?.

• 3 months later...

Why would the official lottery be a scam ? Just because this is Thailand and everything is corrupted?

I have won several times , only small prizes though, and there is a commision when you claim the prize but they never asked me of an Thai ID.

And I have seen pictures and stories about people winning the big one , do you really think they should go out in public with the names of the winners? That is not allowed in European lotteries and not in Thailand. But I know they do this in the US.

So do not jump to conclusions even if there is a lot of corruption in Thailand.

I remember a time about three years ago, someone in town absolutely guaranteed they knew the outcome of the two digit underground lottery (which actually works on the official numbers drawn by the state lottery, but just has different betting systems).

So convincing was this person that hundreds of local people bought these two digits, some people in for over 100,000 Baht. :o

They were the digits that made up the number plate of a very prominent politician.

And guess what. The numbers came up as predicted.

If I recall correctly, this happened around 6 times that year. Go figure the odds on that. :rolleyes:

That's my understanding why betting on European football is so popular in Thailand, because the matches aren't fixed (or at least when they are, the Thai bookies aren't in in it so can't adjust the odds accordingly). Also, I've read that local Thai bookies will take bets in all sorts of indexes and things, like the closing SET or Dow Jones stock market index numbers, that cannot be fixed. These types if bets are popular with Thais for the same reason...can't be fixed by the "house."

In the US, the store that sold the winning ticket in the big lotteries is paid a commission but it isn't deducted from the winner's prize.

There is one multi-state lottery that really racks up the bucks. If there is no winner one week, the money rolls over into the next week. Recently it went several weeks and the prize got to more than $600 million USD. That is the first time I ever bought a lottery ticket. $5 on what was surely a losing bet, but what the heck.

This is not true. One of my neighbours won about 8 years ago 66 million Bath and before that the family was really poor.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by hanuman2543