Phuket school partner shot dead by furious neighbour

Lite Beer

Phuket school partner shot dead by furious neighbour
Eakkapop Thongtub

1381560997_1.jpg

Pairoth, seated in Thalang Police Station, with his gun.

PHUKET: A partner in the Kajonkiet kindergarten in Pa Khlok was shot dead at 10:15 this morning (October 12) in front of the school.

Khamnun Seangwanloi, 49, was shot with a 9 mm gun wielded by Pairoth Somphet, 48, from Pa Khlok. He was arrested within the hour.

He told police that Mr Khamnun often looked down on him, argued with him and had threatened him many times.

Finally, they had a blazing row about construction dust from renovations that was infiltrating Pairoth’s house.

As Mr Khamnun walked away to check on construction progress, yhe infuriated Pairoth ran back to his house, took his gun and shot Mr Khamnun five times, killing him instantly.

Pairoth is in Thalang Police Station, where he has been charged with murder.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-school-partner-shot-dead-by-furious-neighbour-42312.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-10-12

RIP P'Urn, will miss you, and very sorry for your kids.

What a waste of life taken by a low life scumbag.

Khun Urn was a very genial host, talented gardener and all round nice guy with much to live for. Unbelievable that a row over a dirty car could lead to a cold blooded murder.

• Like 1

My wife keeps warning me about trigger-happy Thai Males. One reason she likes to drive the car, she thinks I may run-foul of some agro little man with a big gun.She says the "Big Gun" is to try and make up for a lack of .....something or other....I forget what.

• Like 2

Khun Urn was a very genial host, talented gardener and all round nice guy with much to live for. Unbelievable that a row over a dirty car could lead to a cold blooded murder.

and where in the story does it mention a car?

• Like 1

and where in the story does it mention a car?

Maybe he knows the person

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by LivinginKata
insult removed
  • Like 1

Not that is that important in the scheme of the events of the day,

but the original argument started because the perp had been cleaning his vehicle earlier and dust from the construction site had blown all over it. That is why he confronted the victim In the first place.

This feud has been bubbling for a few months now, with the perpetrator finding many excuses to confront Khun Urn, and the construction workers had in fairness been causing a lot of disturbance, which Khun Urn had tried to rectify, but he had grown tired of the hassle with this moron and decided the best way to deal with him was to ignore him. This seems to have antagonised him even further and sparked the shooting.

Hopes this helps out.

Third world country, equals and inability to understand civilized boundaries. Plus the justice system is not a realistic avenue to settle arguments. The result is frequent instances of resorting to uncivilized behavior, to wit, knife and gun.

A further fault of the justice system, is that not only is it not an avenue to settle disputes as an alternative to violence, it is also not a deterrent. This guy will get bail and if a first offender, may not see the inside of a jail. Unless the victims family have some pull and no interest in a financial pay off. But I'd wager bail will be available in any case.

In a country where law enforcement is minimal and even more crooked than the crooks themself and where justice is either absent or negotiable it's best to avoid confrontations with the natives most of whom have short fuses and access to a gun.

Keep a low profile, walk and talk quietly but carry a big stick :)

That is how we solve things... the Thai way.. you farangs don't understand.

The desk sergent at Chalong police station told me that while I was filing a complaint. He actually handed me his gun and invited me deal with my complaint by myself. Quite shocking at the time, but he was 'deadly' serious.

Are you happy with the uncivilized manor in which your society solves problems?

If the answer is yes, then I will truly believe what I have always come to believe, you people are one step of evolution behind the rest of the planet. Planet of the apes style scenario.

• Like 1

Are you happy with the uncivilized manor in which your society solves problems?

If the answer is yes, then I will truly believe what I have always come to believe, you people are one step of evolution behind the rest of the planet. Planet of the apes style scenario.

I think he was being facetious.

• Like 1

Anybody using the plural 'farangs' while expressing a Thai way of thinking has no understanding of the people.

Good pick up. 100% spot on

In my opinion is there nothing wrong with the word “farangs” if I mean more then one.

The word farang came out the Arabic word firinjīyah, what got adapted in the old Persian word farangi, what in that time was used from people from France. Later they make the change to farang, what is in the Thai language a slang for a white skin foreigner.

In my understanding I may make from the singular foreigner a plural by placing a ‘s’ at the end from the singular form of the word.

As you can see in the example below….

That is how we solve things... the Thai way.. you foreigners don't understand.

The word foreigners is replaced by the plural from the slang farangs because more then one foreigner is not aware of the way Thai solve their problems.

But please, if you have a other vision to the use from a slang word inform me why and where you did base your knowledge on.

'You farangs don't understand' indicates a Thai is speaking.

And a Thai would never say that. If you would have followed your example 'you foreigners don't understand' that would have been much better.

This of off topic BTW, so back to the topic please.

Edited by stevenl