Drunks joyride on Bangkok train tracks, regret their actions in the morning

webfact

Let me guess here, that this is a car that was sold to a first time buyer, who does not have any drivers training. He is very lucky that he did this in Thailand and not in USA where he would be paying for many years of misery. Including drunk driving loss of driving license, His insurance would double for many years and paying for damages and lost revenue too the railroad and oh by the way still paying for a smashed up car. Good thinking Boy

Hey... but that's why Thailand is so great you can get away with pretty much anything you like, normally the police are so busy chacing money trails they dont normally notice whats going on under their noses and they dont really care (unless theres money in it for them). Fantastic this anarchy isn't it ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SRT governor Prapas Chongsanguan said the SRT will claim compensation of THB800 per minute for the delay or THB85,600 in total from all of the men.

And the train passengers will get at least part of that compensation?

The last Comment.........more funny than the incident....clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

"obliterated" "smashed" "plowed "

Found a thesaurus, no idea how to use it.

You beat me to that comment.

We can probably expect Trolleyed, Handbagged, and Shitefaced in upcoming news reports.

Still, it makes for amusing reading.

"obliterated" "smashed" "plowed " = Shitfaced

I think only Australians know Trolleyed, Handbagged, and Shitefaced. I've never heard of those. I'm not saying they are wrong..just not common outside of Australia.

Norm in UK!

If he did this in the USA, a speeding train would not have stopped or even slowed down. The car would immediately be removed from the tracks and all humans inside would actually be smashed and obliterated. Suicide by train - happens every day...

We can probably expect Trolleyed, Handbagged, and Shitefaced in upcoming news reports.

I think only Australians know Trolleyed, Handbagged, and Shitefaced. I've never heard of those. I'm not saying they are wrong..just not common outside of Australia.

Handbagged yes, but trolleyed and shitefaced are quite commonly used in Britain.

I think people like these should be stuffed and mounted on a wall, like a moosehead in a hunting lodge. It is such a pity to let such a priceless idiot walk away: it's hard to find such trophy idiots, though Thailand could become a h.. mmmmmm, I mean center for idiot collectors.

good to see the lads acted responsibly and got off the highways. If they had some sort of collision, they would probably not be endangering some innocent just trying to get to work or where ever. May they start a new trend for drunks and driving!

"A rescue team with more than 20 men tried to move the car off the track for about two hours, but were unsuccessful. They eventually instructed the still smashed driver go backwards along the rails to the spot where he first entered the tracks"

Dear oh dear.

• Like 1

20 men can't get a Honda CRV off of train tracks...

TIT.

Yes sadly these old buffers will soon be sidetracked when highspeed Jekexpress hits town,the locmotives run on twin carb twice world price rice with addded benfit of sticky rice emissions to poor trackside phraeclap2.gif

Handbagged yes, but trolleyed and shitefaced are quite commonly used in Britain.

You can use virtually any adjective or noun and use it to describe being drunk.

The obvious one in this instance would be to describe the driver of the car as being "trainwrecked". blink.png

Let me guess here, that this is a car that was sold to a first time buyer, who does not have any drivers training. He is very lucky that he did this in Thailand and not in USA where he would be paying for many years of misery. Including drunk driving loss of driving license, His insurance would double for many years and paying for damages and lost revenue too the railroad and oh by the way still paying for a smashed up car. Good thinking Boy

"He is very lucky that he did this in Thailand and not in USA ..."

Same comment could easily be applied to many things that Americans get up to in Thailand.

"...where he would be paying for many years of misery."

Who did he cause many years of misery? The driver would probably get a community service assignment, a suspended sentence and any actual damages would be sucked up by the railroad or an insurance company.

First in state of Michigan it is automatic jail time for drunk driving, and loss of driving license for 6 months. I know of no insurance that will not increase after a stunt like th

When I was a kid we would raill ride in our cars , the tires would fit on to the rails at a crossing, let a bit of air out of the tires and slowly take off eventually you are rolling down the tracks get off at the next crossing.

"He is very lucky that he did this in Thailand and not in USA ..."

Same comment could easily be applied to many things that Americans get up to in Thailand.

"...where he would be paying for many years of misery."

Who did he cause many years of misery? The driver would probably get a community service assignment, a suspended sentence and any actual damages would be sucked up by the railroad or an insurance company.

First in state of Michigan it is automatic jail time for drunk driving, and loss of driving license for 6 months. I know of no insurance that will not increase after a stunt like th

'Toto, we're not in Kansas Michigan any more.' In Michigan, if someone kills a cop with a car, or shoots a cop at point blank range with 14 eyewitnesses, that person would be in deep doo doo. But this is Thailand, where justice works much differently.