Bad traffic day in Jomtien - six car collision

BugJackBaron

This morning saw no less than two unrelated(?) crashes. The first(?) was across from Jomtien Complex and involved a "big truck" hitting a car, and then driving off. A motorcycle taxi driver gave chase after the truck.

The second was just up the road across from the Continental Bakery(corner of Thepassit and Thepraya)

One could see about six cars, most parked at the side but one thrown across the dividing line, with varying degrees of damages. At least 3 were write-offs. No surprise that the SUVs with their higher elevation sustained only minor damage.

Not sure if there were any injuries but the ambulances that came seemed to have nothing to do.

Some rather big vehicle mounted the banked-up earth in the central reservation just outside the TMB next to View Talay 2. The tyre marks can clearly be seen. The accident that occurred there seemed to be quite minor though, with no real vehicle damage apart from broken light fittings etc.

I also saw the mess resulting from the accident by the Continental and it seems astonishing that anything could have been going fast enough there to do that much damage. The flat-bed part of one pick-up had been completely demolished from the rear. Maybe the big truck was a runaway coming down Thappraya? Maybe it caused the other accident as it continued its journey down the hill?

I also am very glad that I drive a pickup when seeing events like this.