Need to break contract teaching for new job. Help?

FangFerang

I have a type O non-immigrannt with work permit. Circumstances, amazing Thailand, have given me a great opportunity and I need to jump ship. Any advice? I know the work permit must be handed in, and all that, but how do I do this? I have never broken a contract before and am in unknown territory for me.

You're on an O, so your visa shouldn't be affected. Since your permission to stay is based on your family, not employment.

As you said, your work permit needs to be returned.

Your contract should specify a notice period in it, usually 1 month, if you need to go sooner, just discuss it with your boss and I'm sure they'll understand the situation (As they can't really change it if you need to go earlier. But if you do need to go earlier, don't expect to be paid for a part month).

Also you should ensure that you give them your notice in writing + keep a copy for yourself, particularly if you're letting your school return your work permit on your behalf. Just incase they decide to keep you on the books, and have someone else collect your salary, which could leave you liable for tax.

Likewise when you finish, you should ask the school to fill in a form to confirm your income for this financial year, because you should still file your tax return next year. As it's simply easier to do it now, while you're still at the school, rather than when you're working in another province.

Congratulations on the opportunity!! Where is the teaching position? I'm in Bangkok and looking for another job at present. My phone . I have experience..

Cheers! spookysully said.

spookysully, not every applicant will be accepted for the position. If the employer will post the position, there will be many applicants.

The luckiest will be chosen even though he/she is not the best.

non O is not allowed to work. That is for dependent. and you have work permit?How is that?

Non-O visas are given for several reasons. depending on the exact reason for the extension of the non-O visa, a work permit will be issue or not.

For example there is no problem with getting a work permit with a non-O extended based on marriage to Thai national.

• 2 weeks later...

non O is not allowed to work. That is for dependent. and you have work permit?How is that?

Non-O visas are given for several reasons. depending on the exact reason for the extension of the non-O visa, a work permit will be issue or not.

For example there is no problem with getting a work permit with a non-O extended based on marriage to Thai national.

How about getting a work permit with a non-O extended based on being the father of a child here?