Icelandic Man self-harms at Central Pattaya Condominium

webfact

Icelandic Man self-harms at Central Pattaya Condominium

iceland-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon Pattaya Rescue Services were called to a Central Pattaya condominium to assist an Icelandic resident who had reportedly self-harmed and had lost a considerable amount of blood.

Rescuers made their way to a 6th floor apartment at the Pattaya Pat Condominium in Soi Nokow off the Central Pattaya Road which was occupied by the victim, known only as Mr. Tony aged 57.

The victim had apparently cut his right arm and appeared to have lost a lot of blood. He was extremely pale faced and was drifting in-and-out of consciousness.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/106118/icelandic-man-self-harms-central-pattaya-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-17

I never know if these types of rescues are a good thing or a bad one. I mean, everyone's life is theirs to do with what they want as long as they don't hurt others is my belief. If someone attempts to take their own life they must have serious problems and they have concluded it's the best way to solve them.

It sounds like he almost succeeded and now may have yo just try again. On the other hand, he can ruminate on whatever caused him to do what he did and maybe work out an alternative course of action.

• Like 1

I never know if these types of rescues are a good thing or a bad one. I mean, everyone's life is theirs to do with what they want as long as they don't hurt others is my belief. If someone attempts to take their own life they must have serious problems and they have concluded it's the best way to solve them.

It sounds like he almost succeeded and now may have yo just try again. On the other hand, he can ruminate on whatever caused him to do what he did and maybe work out an alternative course of action.

Fair enough, but I wonder how the rescuers got alerted to this in the first place. If you really want to finish it, surely you can do it in a place or manner in which it's unlikely someone can prevent 'success'. Do it quietly in your room alone or jump off a building. Also, it looks like he injured his upper arm. Not an indication of a genuine suicide attempt, I would think, though my knowledge of anatomy is confined to the important basics.

With the world population currently standing at 7,186,272,000+ (which by any sane calculation must be at least 6 billion too many), if someone wants to leave I think they should be helped to do so rather than hindered.

It sounds like you might not be missed.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but I wonder how the rescuers got alerted to this in the first place. If you really want to finish it, surely you can do it in a place or manner in which it's unlikely someone can prevent 'success'. Do it quietly in your room alone or jump off a building. Also, it looks like he injured his upper arm. Not an indication of a genuine suicide attempt, I would think, though my knowledge of anatomy is confined to the important basics.

My doctor friends tell me a herion highball is the way to go...completely painless and 100% effective.

With the world population currently standing at 7,186,272,000+ (which by any sane calculation must be at least 6 billion too many), if someone wants to leave I think they should be helped to do so rather than hindered.

Let us know when you ever get into such a situation, so we can well stear clear of you and let you die.

It sounds like you might not be missed.

I'm sure that I wouldn't be. But what difference does that make to anything?

Let us know when you ever get into such a situation, so we can well stear clear of you and let you die.

If ever I did do that it would be because I wanted to succeed, and I would do it properly. So either way I would not be wanting assistance from anyone, thanks.

Seems to be a lot of Icelanders in Pattaya these days. I wonder if he's actually Irish like the last guy.

The Thai press described him as Irish -- I'm not sure how many Icelanders are called Tony....

Guess Ireland and Iceland sound the same to some Thais... and only a single finger-slip away on a keyboard

Seems to be a lot of Icelanders in Pattaya these days. I wonder if he's actually Irish like the last guy.

The Thai press described him as Irish -- I'm not sure how many Icelanders are called Tony....

Guess Ireland and Iceland sound the same to some Thais... and only a single finger-slip away on a keyboard

Not on a Thai keyboard -- would have to press the shift key as well. Somebody must have misheard.

This is of course very sad, no matter where Tony comes from. Howeer, he´s probably not Icelandic, as very few if any Icelanders are called Tony. In Thailand, the difference between Iceland and Ireland is almost non-existent. As a matter of fact, I´ve been told by a Thai post official that in this world, there is no such country as Iceland. Ireland does, however, he said. Now it seems to be the other way around in Thailand.

I never know if these types of rescues are a good thing or a bad one. I mean, everyone's life is theirs to do with what they want as long as they don't hurt others

What utter uninformed rubbish you write-people attempting suicide are almost always sick and need help.

Who's being uninformed here?

If he decided to check out, who are you to decide for him whats right and what isn't ,or if he is 'sick'

I never know if these types of rescues are a good thing or a bad one. I mean, everyone's life is theirs to do with what they want as long as they don't hurt others

What utter uninformed rubbish you write-people attempting suicide are almost always sick and need help.

Who's being uninformed here?

If he decided to check out, who are you to decide for him whats right and what isn't ,or if he is 'sick'

Disagree.

It is actually difficult to come up with a symptom that a human brain could exhibit that would indicate more clearly that it is, by any reasonable definition, sick. It was malfunctioning so badly that it almost ended the life of the organism.

If any other organ caused such a circumstance it would certainly be considered problematic. Nobody argues that a human being undergoing kidney failure is not actually unwell, but simply in an alternative but equally valid state of good health.

In both cases, once the organ is returned to proper working order it stops threatening the life of the individual it belongs to. At that point the organ may be said to be healthy - no longer sick.

Now, I suppose there are situations where a perfectly healthy brain does decide to end it all. But I would submit that those cases are few and far between, and fairly easy to identify as such. And that this sort of thing is not one.

Edited by cocopops

Disagree.

It is actually difficult to come up with a symptom that a human brain could exhibit that would indicate more clearly that it is, by any reasonable definition, sick. It was malfunctioning so badly that it almost ended the life of the organism.

His brain was malfunctioning? He almost ended life of organism?

Humans are capable of their own decisions, what you classify as malfunctioning, may be functioning perfectly well. We are little bit more than organisms, programmed to stay alive. We have ability to think and make decisions.

We are not fish, we make our own decisions. We don't have instinct to stay alive no matter what. You may not agree with what that guy did. You can judge, not agree with his actions.. you can even say he was sick, and as disrespectful as that is, you can say his brain was malfunctioning.

But, as you said 'It is actually difficult to come up with a symptom that a human brain could exhibit', maybe you should not diagnose a man over the internet.

Edited by valgehiir

Not on a Thai keyboard -- would have to press the shift key as well. Somebody must have misheard.

Well the article here was in English... but I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with that statement in the first place :-)

Man Soaked In Blood After Cutting Himself

An Irish man got stressed out from his personal problems and could not find a way out, so he cut himself during his dilemma, but a friend and rescuers came to help him immediately.

PATTAYA – October 16, 2013 [PDN]; at 14.00 at the radio center of the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan foundation at Muang in Pattaya, it was reported that there was a foreigner who had cut himself with a knife in room 16/181 on the 6th floor of the “Pattaya Pad” Condominium at Central Pattaya in the Thai Province of Chonburi. As his injuries sounded serious, Pattaya’s very efficient “Sawang Boriboon” emergency organization went straight into action and rapidly went to his rescue.

At the crime scene, found the 57-year old Irish man, named Tony sitting exhaustedly in the room and on both his arms there were cut wounds caused by a sharp instrument.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/17/man-soaked-in-blood-after-cutting-himself/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-10-17

Also, it looks like he injured his upper arm. Not an indication of a genuine suicide attempt, I would think, though my knowledge of anatomy is confined to the important basics.

Clearly. As is your eyesight, I can see bandages on both his wrists.