Air Ambulance

Merlindxb

Former soldier Stu Kyffin had a very serious accident 10 days ago in Koh Samui and he has been left in a coma, but after they turned the machines of he stayed breathing, etc unplugged... (tough guy, he spent over a decade in the SAS). He now works for Pilgrim but was on leave at the time at his house in Koh Samui and like most supermen didnt have insurance. The SAS, Royal Anglian Regiment, and others have raised £35,000. Could you lend a jet, or one could be paid for at "mates rates", we could possibly get Marshalls to give it a free service once it gets back?

Have you had a go at British Airways, Virgin etc, they would be equipped to handle to logistics to get him home.

How's about sending an email Sir Richard B ?

I am sure they would be getting requests like this all time, but considering the guy is ex-forces, you might get somewhere under the circumstances

• Like 1

Have you had a go at British Airways, Virgin etc, they would be equipped to handle to logistics to get him home.

How's about sending an email Sir Richard B ?

I am sure they would be getting requests like this all time, but considering the guy is ex-forces, you might get somewhere under the circumstances

Agree with Soutpeel. In Switzerland, there is an organization called REGA which has ambulance jets they can use for the worldwide repatriaton of people. However, they only use their own jets (with intensive care equipment) for critical cases. For all others, they try to get the patient back with regular flights, accompanied by a nurse or doctor. Most airlines provide such services on request, i.e. will take few seats out to enable the transport of the patient on a stretcher.

First of all, you need to talk with the doctors and find out whether your friend CAN be transported at all and what the requirements and risks are for the transport. Only then you will be able to decide whether to use "normal" carriers or whether you need an ambulance jet.

• Like 1