True Internet And An Adsl Router

redbyteonline

Have you installed the software that came with the modem? Is the LINK light on the front panel on? Are you able to open the Basic Setup in you web browser?

If yes to all the above, I guess to start with, set VPI to 0 and VPI to 100. Encapsulation should be PPPoE. Make sure your Username and Password provided by True are correct. All the other default settings should work.

Check the website to see if there are any firmware updates. My Zyxel router wouldn't work with its default firmware, but did work with an updated firmware.

Also check the diagnostics to see if there is an active link.

I doubt that you actually need to install any software to get a router to work... it's all in the router. If it were a USB/ethernet modem (no router) then you would need software (or if you were doing PPPoE bridging.. which is rare these days).

Check the statistics and log pages for the router.

You should be able to access these when you call up the router from your browser as part of the setup.

This may give you some clues.

When I first started with TOT I had problems, but after several calls it was corrected by TOT, on their side......................