Pratamnak loses appeal as relaxing driving route

Rimmer

Pratamnak loses appeal as relaxing driving route

n2traffic1.jpg

PATTAYA:--It wasn’t that long ago that Pratamnak Road and the surrounding streets used to a pleasant place to drive. How things have changed.

With the proliferation of condos and hotels springing up like mushrooms, the amount of traffic has increased to the point when even the short journey from Pratamnak Soi 5 to the Royal Cliff Beach Resort can take up to a half-hour.

The seemingly endless roadwork on Pratamnak Soi 6 means buses are pushed a street over, attempting to navigate a very small soi, blocking traffic. Residents complain that drivers act like the street is their private property and treat the public as trespassers.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pratamnak-loses-appeal-as-relaxing-driving-route-31200

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-10-18 footer_n.gif

I just have to say it. This is total nonsense. Getting from Soi 5 Pratumnak to Royal Cliff is 5 minutes and has always been 5 minutes. There's very rarely a holdup in between those locations. One exception is when the police are blocking the road for the royal family which happens from time to time.

They are probably referring to the other day at lunchtime when I dont know what event was on at PEACH. I drove the other way from Bali Hai to Thappraya (as I do regularly) and was astounded by the tailback of coaches and cars trying to get from Thappraya to PEACH. The jam was completely nose to tail.

Fine in the direction I was going though, thankfully.

God alone knows what Pratumnak will be like if/when they finish all the condo projects. I wouldnt want to be there.

They are probably referring to the other day at lunchtime when I dont know what event was on at PEACH. I drove the other way from Bali Hai to Thappraya (as I do regularly) and was astounded by the tailback of coaches and cars trying to get from Thappraya to PEACH. The jam was completely nose to tail.

Fine in the direction I was going though, thankfully.

God alone knows what Pratumnak will be like if/when they finish all the condo projects. I wouldnt want to be there.

Of course there could be some road works holding up the traffic from time to time, or an accident, but the way they're presenting this is nonsense. Soi 5 is always clear and it's a quick trip to Royal Cliff. I lived on that corner for 5 years and it's still not a problem

They must really be pushing for news to write this up.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Road works almost finished on Soi6, last bit of concrete going down, the rains delayed it or it would have been finished by now.

Traffic has increased a lot in the 3 years I have been living in this area, but mainly gets chocked up around 5pm, when the workers leave off

Be worse when the huge condo on the corner of the main road is open, also new Centaa Hotel has just opened at the bottom of Soi5, looks nice I had a preview look at it.

I can see many new developments from my windows on Soi6

I think that the increase of traffic is caused by the changed situation at the fly-over with Prathamnak Road and 3rd road.

Loads of people drive over the mountain instead of making a left turn at the fly-over in order to get onto 2nd road.

Those traffic lights are no longer active, so it's back to normal at the flyover. After a few weeks of traffic mayhem they gave it up as a bad job.