Customs Import Tax Penalty

But if the item is 30000 and they incude a pair of safety shoes it will go through express clearance and all will be 60%. Of course shipments of containers through the port etc are treated differently.

the common practice is to apply the tariff of the value-wise "main" or "predominant" item in the package, if the package is under a certain value (varies by country).

Deliveries with value above the "pettiness threshold" with a proper bill of lading will see their elements taxed differently according to the tariffs applicable to each.

Maybe OP could post an anonymized scan of his goods invoice, so we can assess exactly under which HS code the invoiced goods should have been considered.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry. I said parts because i selected different parts that was assembled to a finished product before shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Did the invoice say computer. or did it list the individual parts?

It didn't list the parts separetly. It did however say "Desktop computer including power supply". So I guess that's why I failed smile.png No listing of individual parts or values.

But if the item is 30000 and they incude a pair of safety shoes it will go through express clearance and all will be 60%. Of course shipments of containers through the port etc are treated differently.

the common practice is to apply the tariff of the value-wise "main" or "predominant" item in the package, if the package is under a certain value (varies by country).

Deliveries with value above the "pettiness threshold" with a proper bill of lading will see their elements taxed differently according to the tariffs applicable to each.

Maybe OP could post an anonymized scan of his goods invoice, so we can assess exactly under which HS code the invoiced goods should have been considered.

I'll try to find a scanner. In regard to the HS Code for the declaration form it was provided to me by Fedex Thailand. And I guess they just looked it up on the shipping slip. I wonder if the sender specified it himself or if Fedex did it upon receiving the package in the US.

Sorry. I said parts because i selected different parts that was assembled to a finished product before shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Did the invoice say computer. or did it list the individual parts?

It didn't list the parts separetly. It did however say "Desktop computer including power supply". So I guess that's why I failed smile.png No listing of individual parts or values.

why would anyone write "including power supply"??

• Like 1

end of story?

Sorry just came back to Thailand.

They actually kept the powersupply outside the computer chassi in the shipment. That's why it was taxed separetely.

So the HS-code provided by the shipper was missing another HS-code for just the power supply.

Didn't expect them to package it that way. And not easy for me to anticipate it either.

So the actual taxation was correct I guess. But I still don't get why Fedex just didn't do the customs stuff all by themselves because I never added any information (esp since i never signed anything) except copying the shipping slip in the declaration form. Instead they threatened to go to court because I filled it out wrong heh.

I'm glad everything turned out ok. Althought since I know that DHL,UPS and Thailand Post never involved me in a customs declaration in the past... i'll never use Fedex again. You shouldn't need to get an external customs agent to help you with importing a small shipment privately.

must be the hell of a power unit to get taxed that much !

haha. 400W only. Because It didn't say the value of the power supply on the shipping slip. Just the total.

seems as if the guys who sent the package did a great job in maximizing your costs :)

you can still submit documents to prove the value of the power supply.