Advice on renting small studio or guesthouse room in Naklua or Jomtien

Mobi

I have a friend who wishes to spend a few months in Pattaya and he has asked what kind of rooms may be available at monthly rates in Naklua or Jomtien.

He has a limited budget and ideally would like to spend about 7K per month. If push came to shove he might be prepared to sign a 6 month contract. He also requires a reliable internet connection.

As I live out on the Darkside, I don’t really have a good feel of what may be available and at what price.

I would appreciate any input from those in the know.

Thank you

Mobi

Hi

I live in naklua, in a good location, 5 minutes to Wong Amat

A neighbour who was paying 7 K baht( before bills, electric,water, internet etc) a month has just moved out

Rooms OK, basically furnished, very safe and secure.

Elevator, decent security( currently) no swimming pool

Rolling monthly contract, 4 K deposit, he might be able to get the room for 6-6.5 K baht a month

Internet poor, only answer to that would be to pay for a direct connection with an ISP.

He would need also to buy basic bedding/towels etc, maybe 2000+ baht or so to spend on moving in.

Room comes with bed ( 6 ft) wardrobe, dressing table, table & chairs, air con plus fan ( both), balcony, plenty of places to eat or drink nearby.

No website, they don`t reply to emails, phone only.

If of any use, PM me, I`ll pass on the phone number, you can have a chat with the owner/reception

smile.png

• Like 1

There are studio apartments that go for those prices in Naklua and Jomtien area; however, he would certainly want to see them for himself. All kinds of factors: close to the main street (soi Naklua -Beach Road-2nd Rd) in order to hop on the baht bus. He doesn't want to be so far away that he has to walk 4-5 blocks at night to get back from the main street. Then there is the noise factor; what kind of tourists are coming and going?;if there is a pool ...if he wants to be close to the beach, then he needs to look down the sois that branch off the main roads.

• Like 1

There are studio apartments that go for those prices in Naklua and Jomtien area; however, he would certainly want to see them for himself. All kinds of factors: close to the main street (soi Naklua -Beach Road-2nd Rd) in order to hop on the baht bus. He doesn't want to be so far away that he has to walk 4-5 blocks at night to get back from the main street. Then there is the noise factor; what kind of tourists are coming and going?;if there is a pool ...if he wants to be close to the beach, then he needs to look down the sois that branch off the main roads.

Try this http://www.d-rooms.com/life/roomrate.php

I stayed there for 1 year and it meets most of above criteria. On Naklua road, not close to beach.. New, safe, clean convenient location.

Edited by moradave

Hi

I live in naklua, in a good location, 5 minutes to Wong Amat

A neighbour who was paying 7 K baht( before bills, electric,water, internet etc) a month has just moved out

Rooms OK, basically furnished, very safe and secure.

Elevator, decent security( currently) no swimming pool

Rolling monthly contract, 4 K deposit, he might be able to get the room for 6-6.5 K baht a month

Internet poor, only answer to that would be to pay for a direct connection with an ISP.

He would need also to buy basic bedding/towels etc, maybe 2000+ baht or so to spend on moving in.

Room comes with bed ( 6 ft) wardrobe, dressing table, table & chairs, air con plus fan ( both), balcony, plenty of places to eat or drink nearby.

No website, they don`t reply to emails, phone only.

If of any use, PM me, I`ll pass on the phone number, you can have a chat with the owner/reception

smile.png

Thanks for this. I will pass it onto my friend and see if he would like to follow up. He is not planning to come until next month, so it may be a bit late.

• Like 1