Politely fending off

MJP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn to be a man and politely decline for starters...

But how without causing any offence to the offering party?

I don't like making other people feel bad in any way.

Grown up and realise you are not responsible for how other people feel (especially when you are honest with them).

at risk of going off topic: if only Thai's realised this they could do away with the whole 'face' thing. It seems Buddhism has taught them little about personal responsibility.

It's the face thing I'm well aware of and it's a cultural trait I try not to irritate.

Grew up well before my time by the way.

"Being a single parent here, with a nice enough home, the usual trappings of beds raised above floor level including mattress, running water and flushing toilet, I'm constantly bombarded with "offers". Offers that I would run over a bridge of plutonium to avoid."

Ah life is good in Thailand eh?

"Being a single parent here, with a nice enough home, the usual trappings of beds raised above floor level including mattress, running water and flushing toilet, I'm constantly bombarded with "offers". Offers that I would run over a bridge of plutonium to avoid."

I bought a new vacuum cleaner today.

I'd say he is a man, very polite. Nothing is wrong with that!

A very tired man.

A message to all the ladies out there running households and raising children. A stand with you, solidarity in our struggle.

It's tough going is this! It's as bad as running a major regeneration project, very similar techniques in fact. Budgets, logistics, methods, dealing with personnel, conflict resolution. The hours are similar too.

Dont know about that, im raising a child on my own here. i dont find it terribly taxing. but then i work from home and have a great nanny.

Just say how sorry you are because you have promised to be faithful to a lover in your home country. You kept it secret to this day but now you need to reveal it. You can also reveal the fiancé's name: Charlie.giggle.gif

Stop serving tea, it's giving them hallucinations of grandeur.

Delusions of grandeur.post-4641-1156693976.gif

Sigh,

it was a joking reference to mushroom or hallucinogenic tea.

deeper sigh

Someone is having hallucinations of delusions here or what?

I bought a new vacuum cleaner today.

I found myself at Home Pro on Wireless Road yesterday checking out curtain rods with Mrs MCA.

We're a couple of playas mate!

I would like to share an experience of a Thai gentleman friend lives in Thailand.

At first I thought it was my Thai friend posted this thread. He has similar encounters with many Thai women in Bangkok who offered themselves asked to live with him as a live in g/f but he turned down bluntly. He does not care whether they would be disappointed because he just went through a nasty divorce with a Thai woman whom he married for over 30 years in USA. The divorce settlement did not go well that his ex wife did not want to split the assets equally and she wanted to make sure that he would crawl out as a poor man.

He is in mid 60 and retired. After his divorce two years ago, he moves to live alone in BKK in a 3br. condo at an affluent condominium which he bought the condo in cash. He lives debt free and is financially well off. His two children are grown up and they do very well on their own in USA. He does not want any more dependent from a stranger to leash off from his wealth which he fears of having to fight over the settlement again when the divorce comes. His ex wife still haunts him by trying to hack his e-mail recently.

He shared with me by telling me (Skype) of his life experience lives in Thailand of his first year that there were many Thai women wanna be his lady friends after having known that where he lives and he is from USA. There was one woman offered him her young daughter (20's) to be his wife but he refused the offer. He knows that they are only interested in his money which he is worth more dead than alive if any woman became his wife.

He said that if he married a Thai woman again, as if he married her family that he had to take care her parents, brother and sisters financially. Currently he lives debt free and has freedom that he is free to come and go any where he wants without having to report to a woman of his whereabouts. He is a decent man who wants peace and happiness although living alone is kind of lonely but he has to get used to it which is better than living with a Thai woman who is more interested in his money.

Most Thai women who are interested in being his lady friends are either divorced or single mothers and they are in 40's and 50's who could not find Thai men would be interested in them. They look for financial security from a man who can take care of them and her family financially.

I am a woman and an independent. Even though I am from a well to do family in Thailand but I learned to take care of myself when I was sent to study abroad. I do not have the same mentality like many Thai women though. I can relate to how living alone is like and being independent that one can take care of him/herself fine without having to have someone to leash off financially, especially if that person is out to take advantage of financially. I understand my Thai friend why he has to be cautious not to repeat the same mistake when dealing with a Thai woman at his old age and is financially loaded. He said that it is all about money that no money, no honey. If he was just a poor old man, there would be no Thai women make a move on him.

wub.png

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get it. You're single, straight (assuming) and you're turning the opportunity of an almost certain easy lay down by the wayside.

Christ sake man, it must be awful for you.

Why are you even in Thailand if you're not going to take advantage of the local talent?

I was going to hazard a response, but I re-read the reply and it's just not worth expending the energy writing one. Life will provide more of a sting than I could ever deliver with the written word.

Be nice. it's contagious.

I don't get it. You're single, straight (assuming) and you're turning the opportunity of an almost certain easy lay down by the wayside.

Why are you even in Thailand if you're not going to take advantage of the local talent?

I was going to hazard a response, but I re-read the reply and it's just not worth expending the energy writing one. Life will provide more of a sting than I could ever deliver with the written word.

Be nice. it's contagious.

Oh go on!

Is op being offered the services of a MAID? single guy could use a maid.....lol.

The OP could seriously use a gardener and no not the up hill type. Also a builder to finally get this ghastly bathroom sorted out.

I bet the lady was not a cream of the crop kind of girl. Think your local aged beer garden type woman....................lol.

Probably polished 1000s of knobs in her career.

I bet the lady was not a cream of the crop kind of girl. Think your local aged beer garden type woman....................lol.

Probably polished 1000s of knobs in her career.

More akin to heavy plant. Think Komatsu or Liebherr.

But how without causing any offence to the offering party?

I don't like making other people feel bad in any way.

OMFG!!! You must NOT be in pattaya is my guess?

You are a rare breed indeed! imho

Amongst expats estranged from their wives I think we're the silent majority.

• Like 1