Politely fending off

MJP

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell her that 2 friends from your hometown will arrive next week and they will stay at you home for a month or even more so due to the limited space she have to leave the place "temporary". This it's the best way ( let's say it's a Thai way ) will allow her to leave without losing the face (very important) and will allow you to make the first step to your freedom , once she will be somewhere else will be very easy make the "temporary leave" becoming permanent.

whistling.gif Bite the bullet.

Tell the female involved that you've had problems before with Thai women, and you don't want to get involved again.

Be as polite as possible, but just let them know that is how you feel it must be.

Now, one the other hand, you've got to be careful there too.

It's always possible that this one might be a keeper.

So don't be too quick to reject possibilities ,,,, it might be worth keeping.

As they saying goes, "It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all."

I've been both places.

rolleyes.gif

I guess the proper answer for you really depends on your short and long term priorities/goals. If for whatever reason you are not interested in having a live-in or new wife, then just say so, but I certainly wouldn't burn any bridges. In the interest of setting the right example for your child, I would say that for now you are only interested in casual sex outside of your home...without any commitments. If in the process you happen to find a "real keeper", then more power to you.

It's a shame that the OP has reduced himself to lying and embarrassing his visitors by being sexual.

Better he learns to tell the truth, "The only thing that matters in my life is my kids. I can bring them up alone just the same way as many Thai women can bring their kids up alone. I will not confuse them or upset them by bringing another women into their life. My kids come first".

Some good stuff here. I'll pull together a crib sheet from it.

Yes, the knob no work one was just a defensive reflex action to the most recent "offer".

Years back one single lady walked in, did the washing up and then went to the bedroom. She waited there a long time before figuring out I was hiding round at MIL's place. I now make sure you could eat your dinner off the floor, thus no improvements can be added by the lady.

There is someone I do love, but she's a consultant chartered geologist from Newcastle.

It's a shame that the OP has reduced himself to lying and embarrassing his visitors by being sexual.

Better he learns to tell the truth, "The only thing that matters in my life is my kids. I can bring them up alone just the same way as many Thai women can bring their kids up alone. I will not confuse them or upset them by bringing another women into their life. My kids come first".

If he says that he will just become more na raak and more of a catch, making her more determined

In answer to the first line . . . I wasn't lying Blether. sad.png

In answer to the second . . . yes totally correct.

• Like 1

My Swedish neighbour has just been round. His rather attractive wife has been nagging him about why the very good looking MJP (I was flattered, but not sold on this) does not have a wife and he should have a wife and something should be done about this unacceptable situation!

Pressure is yet again mounting.

I need to fix the front gates. Perhaps solid ones with a cat flap for the kids.

I think the OP should just have a good talk with his female friend that keeps bringing women to his home.

He says he has known her for years so he should be able to have a good, polite but clear conversation with her

and explain to her that he is not interested in any relationship.

What an egocentric. Are you a hu-man or wanna be he-man entrapped by all those self serving women chasing you or just a poser who needs to show off your manly burdens to a crowd? Didn't your Mum teach you how to "politely fend off" suitors? Swallow your tea and pride and then just be honest to your imaginary bar flies and delusions of grandeur... in absentia.

Pressure is yet again mounting.

I need to fix the front gates. Perhaps solid ones with a cat flap for the kids.

Considering you're not getting laid, I'd imagine the pressure in a certain area must be pretty high.

Just have some friends with benefits.

• Like 1

What an egocentric. Are you a hu-man or wanna be he-man entrapped by all those self serving women chasing you or just a poser who needs to show off your manly burdens to a crowd? Didn't your Mum teach you how to "politely fend off" suitors? Swallow your tea and pride and then just be honest to your imaginary bar flies and delusions of grandeur... in absentia.

Quite the opposite. I just don't want the aggravation.

When I went 3 months coming home alone every night,the aunties of the neighborhood were watching. I was asked the same thing. When I politely declined, they aked if I was gay, if I did drugs, etc. The apartment manager would even call me at 11 pm on a Fri night to ask what I was doing. When I told her I was reading a book she thought I was lying and wanted to come up to "doo tii wii" with me.

I moved 2 weeks later--to an apartment with apathetic neighbors. Ahh...bliss.

Ha ha I always get a kick out of this site, I read it a bit and respond less. This seems to be a good problem to have. What I wouldn't give to have friends bringing over Thai girls for me to meet. Of course, I'm in the USA and it's fairly difficult to meet any asian women here, particularly Thais. But if this a problem for you, why not just tell your friends that you're not interested in meeting anyone, and leave it at that?

I suffered this in my single days.

Our office administrator constantly introducing me to delightful young ladies from within our organisation and beyond.

It stopped when I politely asked her, when was she going to introduce me to some of the very many delightful young things who had neither never been married before nor had children.

The fact was that the only women she introduced me to were the previously married/single mothers.

And this is the point. I'm quite sure she was doing the right thing from her perspective - trying to help (Thai) friends and (Thai) people she knew, she even perhaps thought she was trying to help me.

So from her perspective doing the right thing.

From my perspective - the message was clear - your a good man, but the best you deserve is someone who can't find a Thai husband.

That's not to say these women were not lovely ladies that would or indeed did make other men good wives - but it is an insight into the way these things work in Thailand.

I'm quite certain the ladies introducing their friends to the OP are doing what they believe to be the right thing.

So whatever the response, understand well meant intentions and be polite in your refusal.

After all, who knows, they might one day turn up with a gem.

Edited by GuestHouse