why so much negativity about Thailand and its ppl?

Crazy chef 1

we all read here about so many negative points about Thailand,the scams,rip off's,traffic...etc.and many of us get frustrated and start generelazing and bashing.

but how we got brought up?we get tought to ask: WHY?

i think it is comparable with parents and their kids.( and no i don't think we are superior or in any parental status here i just want to use this as a example as a comparison because many of us have learnt out of mistakes in the past and try to pass the knowledge on).

usually parents love their kid so as we love our host country but if we see that the same mistakes get done over and over again- ppl get frustrated and start to geting angry or even bashing or giving up.

can you guys remember how patient your parents have been?

unfortunately we are not asked,allowed or welcomed to give any ( positive?)) advise we are just what we are- guests.

sure many things are looking / are just wrong from our perception and it seems they don't learn from the past but before to get frustrated remember the old saying.never try to change a running? system.

just take it as it is and don't get used to do the same silly things( like riding without helmet or under influence) rest up to them,isn'it?

preach over!

• Like 1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Live and let live, agree to disagree and leave it at that. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but to constantly state the same problem you have, is the same problems all expats have in Thailand, is pure speculation, post to what you believe and leave it at that!

Cheers:wai2.gif

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

I like the part of your post where you say

"can you guys remember how patient your parents have been?"

And to be honest with you....NO I can't.....When I grew up if I was out of line my Parents WHACKED me.....Don't recall social services, kids hiring lawyers against there parents, kids divorcing parents. etc.

Thailand is what it is....and often it can be very frustrating....Yeah......get over it! We all make our own beds....(ie our lives are what WE make of it)

I can not argue at all with the first point.... When you are out of line, parents should give you a whack... never hurt me...

But.... I feel so bad for you that your parents never gave you any patience... Something all children and teenagers need at time....

My thoughts are with you buddy :) Hoepfully you can offer kids a better go one day (if you are not already)

• Like 1

unfortunately we are not asked,allowed or welcomed to give any ( positive?)) advise we are just what we are- guests.

I have no idea where you get the idea that we are not allowed or welcome to give any opinions.

flood prevention,traffic rule enforcement,help after the tsunami and so on.if you need more examples just browse a little bit.no offense intended, i see you are a long time member just confused about this kind of comment.

anyway i am just astonished to get so far just thoughtfull and behavied replies- not usually for the open forum.

thanks mates- keep it going and constructive.

btw sorry for you boccebal1 to hear that your parents lost their patients- my one sometimes as well( and it hurts,believe me) but think it was my fault just did to many crap though they had to respond to make a halfway presentble ppl out of me...555

why so much negativity about Thailand and its ppl?

White Man Superiority Syndrome?

Together with Japanese Man Superiority Syndrome and Chinese Man Superiority Syndrome.

I guess this Syndrome does not go with skin color.

• Like 2

One reason is that people tend to see the past better than it is.

So the remember the work someone did at home and that is was done very well.

They ignore that it was 2000 $$, while here they paid for the same 2000 Baht.

And than tells that the Thais work very bad. Ignoring the fact that, if they would have paid 60.000 Baht here, same price as at home than they would have got it perfect as well.

• Like 1

I'm having a wonderful night.

The inlaws and friends are down for one of the family coming out of the monkhood and we've a houseful but all the blokes are in my den having a crafty drink watching Spurs battering Villa....

1-0 at HT (to Spurs)

So wonderful you're sitting at the computer talking to us, while all that is going on. Must be great.

• Like 2

I like the part of your post where you say

"can you guys remember how patient your parents have been?"

And to be honest with you....NO I can't.....When I grew up if I was out of line my Parents WHACKED me.....Don't recall social services, kids hiring lawyers against there parents, kids divorcing parents. etc.

Thailand is what it is....and often it can be very frustrating....Yeah......get over it! We all make our own beds....(ie our lives are what WE make of it)

I can not argue at all with the first point.... When you are out of line, parents should give you a whack... never hurt me...

But.... I feel so bad for you that your parents never gave you any patience... Something all children and teenagers need at time....

My thoughts are with you buddy :) Hoepfully you can offer kids a better go one day (if you are not already)

Well possibly there comes a point when your out of patience and it's time took move on.

• Like 1

There is a difference between sharing opinions and some Thai visa members continuous moaning and groaning about their constant daily struggles with the Thais and their plight of living in Thailand.

It appears there are a lot of extremely disgruntled ex-pats living in Thailand and often wonder why they remain here? Although I am now beginning to find all these gripes about everything Thai quite entertaining. It really does make me think that all my troubles in life are very trivial indeed.

My prognosis is; that there are too many ex-pats that are spending too much time in isolation, (most of it self imposed) with too much time to think about too much. The solution is; Thai visa creates a forum called; rants and raves, for the participation and whinging entertainment pleasure of the moaning old farts, or simply just get a life.

Not sure of your point is true. Maybe a lot of the grievances are true?

I'm having a wonderful night.

The inlaws and friends are down for one of the family coming out of the monkhood and we've a houseful but all the blokes are in my den having a crafty drink watching Spurs battering Villa....

1-0 at HT (to Spurs)

So wonderful you're sitting at the computer talking to us, while all that is going on. Must be great.

Sweet. But obvious.

"I'm having a wonderful night"

I guess some people just don't understand irony.

Edited by Mr Average

To be fair Beetlejuice, the amount of time you spend on here whining about other expats being unhappy and bitter would maybe suggest that maybe things ain't so green in your own garden...?

What you mean is that I keep interrupting all the Thai bashing and Thailand whiners with some home truths about themselves.

How about some threads themed on the positive sides of the ex-pats stays and lifestyles in Thailand? I am beginning to think that they don`t have any as far as they`re concerned, it`s all become very mundane for them.

More to the fact is that you snipe at others yet fail to share your own joyous life experiences here....

Edited by HeavyDrinker

OP,

FWIW, I agree with you, but it's futile to bitch about the bitching on TV. Been there, done that, and this is a sample of the level of discourse that ensued:

if you dislike Thailand and the people here dont fckn come here stay in fckn oz with other small minded pricks like your self.theres a lot of good decent people living here and if you are a Ozzie your the worst one i wouldn't like to meet and ozzies are normally cool funny layed back guys go fck ladyboys in your cast off Malaysia

At best, you'll be accused of trolling - regardless of how many of us agree with you. Good luck.