No bum guns in farang/western/hi so hotels?

snake24

On August 2011 I returned to the US for one year to help care for a sick parent.

What did I miss most from Thailand?

Som tom? Tom Yang Kung? Gawd no, I filled up on grain fed USDA Choice Steaks and baked Idaho potatos.

Go-go bars? Nah I was bored with pidgeon conversations such as "Excuse me, you holiday?"

Riding my motorbike? Again no, I was relieved to be spared head on collisions with idiots in my lane.

I missed the good old bum gun!

My first year in Thailand I refused to use one, thought it was gross. Then, one day there was no TP, so I manned up and did what I had to do...

Viola, I liked it and felt much more "clean"

Put me down as a supporting member of the bum gun brigade smile.png

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would anyone want to spray shit all over the place with one of those primitive bum guns? they are a dirty Asian device to be avoided.

I guess some of us are a bit more co-ordinated than you?

Yes.

You're supposed to still be at least somewhat seated when you start spraying.

• Like 1

Btw i think when you are in thailand and stay in hotels without the bum guns pls be careful when you're using the shower especially those with the shower hoses you can take out and hold in your hand cos if they cannot extend to the toilet area you can be sure someone is washing his arse with it inside the shower area. Yup i did that in siam bayshore.

Posts in violation of these forum rules have been removed:

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I hate bum guns. I really hate the bucket and dipper.

What am I supposed to do? Get up and pull my pants up with my dirty hand while the water runs down my leg and wets my clothes? Now, where's my own personal fingernail brush and some soap?

Geez, why not use TP and shower and change clothes a couple of times a day? Maybe there's a reason that TP is the standard in civilized countries. (I didn't say that France is civilized, haha.)

I'm a bumgun fan it's far more hygienic than TP,

why would anyone want to spray shit all over the place with one of those primitive bum guns? they are a dirty Asian device to be avoided.

Oh My !

If using a bum gun causes you to spray crap all over the place either

1- you were not done crapping yet or,

2- You might need more fiber in your diet

• Like 2

I had the misfortune to be in a Thai restaurant last night and suffered the worst of all worlds when I had an imperative urge.

It was a squat loo, and I can't squat.

No bum gun, only a plastic bowl and water.

No tp ( I always bring my own, but I put my bag in a puddle that I didn't notice in the dark, and it got soaked ).

No soap by the wash basins.

Luvverly.

• 6 months later...

Centre Point it is.. came on this thread looking to see what hotels in BKK do have them. Mod, perhaps a pinned list of all hotels that have them??

I have heard that on Panthip dot com, the Thai version of Thai Visa, that his is always mentioned in all hotel reviews ;)

Have emailed Silq and they do not have them. Just for the record.