No bum guns in farang/western/hi so hotels?

snake24

I checked into this nice hotel suite called amanta on ratchada. So when doing number 2 realized that they didn't have the bum gun only TP and that sucks, i examined the wall closer and realized they somehow removed the gun fixture and also the opening where the water pipe used to be was also sealed up. Also recalled staying in the hard rock cafe hotel on pattaya in 2004 and they only had paper. Is it true that international hotel chains in Thailand like hilton for example that aren't thai hotel chains and more upmarket only follow western style bathrooms no bum guns? That's gross to tell u the truth.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the paper. I guess I haven't 'crossed over' and became a Thai.

Lots of Thai's use paper as well.

If you really hate the paper that much you could do it the traditional way...

Really? can you speak for 'lots of Thais" on their arse cleaning habits?

Yes, I sure can. Why do you think all 7/11, Mini Mart, Tesco, the list is endless, etc sell it - just in case a foreigner happens to stumble by in need of some ?

Pulling your couple of layers of clothes on when you're as wet as if you just stepped out of the shower is just not what's done.

It is very annoying to discover a bumgunless toilet. Especially when you contemplate the real reason behind this evil scheme:

They think most farang clientele are accustomed to tissue paper. And right they are!

But there is still hope! Since I had to lower my standards down to lo-so lodging. The guns magically re-appeared everywheresmile.png

[edit] I am not really in favour for using a hotel's: shared-bumgun, anyway.

Edited by Dancealot

I hate bum guns. I really hate the bucket and dipper.

What am I supposed to do? Get up and pull my pants up with my dirty hand while the water runs down my leg and wets my clothes? Now, where's my own personal fingernail brush and some soap?

Geez, why not use TP and shower and change clothes a couple of times a day? Maybe there's a reason that TP is the standard in civilized countries. (I didn't say that France is civilized, haha.)

• Like 1

Yes, I sure can. Why do you think all 7/11, Mini Mart, Tesco, the list is endless, etc sell it - just in case a foreigner happens to stumble by in need of some ?

Pulling your couple of layers of clothes on when you're as wet as if you just stepped out of the shower is just not what's done.

It's in kitchens on tables etc. In bathrooms it's used after the bumgun to dry the arse.

Edited by Mosha

It's in kitchens on tables etc. In bathrooms it's used after the bumgun to dry the arse.

Good luck finding bog roll in a bog outside of touristville....

In my opinion a much more sanity way to do the job, and yes toilet paper is used to dry up after.Toilet paper fulfill a lot of functions in Thailand, Most outside of the restrooms.

Is a must for the Scot's in Kilts don't leave skid marked on your new wife's wedding dress, poor way to start a life together!

Cheers:wai2.gif

Iam a big fan of the bum gun but would really love to lay some cable in one of those Hi-Tech Japanese dunnies.... any hotel in BKK have them ?

The Centre Point at terminal 21. Heated toilet seat, adjustable, automatic bum gum, drier. I thought it weird at first but quite like it now.

• Like 1

Iam a big fan of the bum gun but would really love to lay some cable in one of those Hi-Tech Japanese dunnies.... any hotel in BKK have them ?

The Jr Suites at the Crowe Plaza Lumpini got them...... Fancy things too. Hot/Cold water sprays, adjustment of the pressure and angles of the water, hot/cool air drying, heated seats, etc.... Played with that thing til my legs were about numb. :)

• Like 1

Most of the Toilet paper bought by Thais end up on the dining table and not the Toilet. Care to wonder why?

• Like 1

In my opinion a much more sanity way to do the job, and yes toilet paper is used to dry up after.Toilet paper fulfill a lot of functions in Thailand, Most outside of the restrooms.

Is a must for the Scot's in Kilts don't leave skid marked on your new wife's wedding dress, poor way to start a life together!

Cheers:wai2.gif

It is one of the few things expats agree on. Thailand has great bum guns. People who don't like bum guns have never lived in Thailand. How long does it take to switch over, a couple of weeks for the smart guys a month or two for the old guys but they all eventually switch. It's a better mouse trap. wai2.gif

I find it funny those who equate TP with civilisation...

If I managed to get sh!t all over my hand, my first port of call wouldn't be to clean it off with TP and leave it at that.

Granted, while I don't eat with my arse, I do a fair bit of talking through it. As such, water is a wonderfull thing for cleaning turd off skin.

• Like 2

As I never stay in 5* / Hi So hotels, I don't ever encounter the problem of there not being a bum gun. There's a lot to be said for slumming it! thumbsup.gif

Right, crappy accommodation, dirty rooms, non-existent service but a bum gun........biggrin.png

• Like 1

The Centre Point at terminal 21. Heated toilet seat, adjustable, automatic bum gum, drier. I thought it weird at first but quite like it now.

Yes, excellent toilets.

XG43B.jpg

wub.png

The hotel itself is ideally located and the room very nice too!

• Like 1

I hate bum guns. I really hate the bucket and dipper.

What am I supposed to do? Get up and pull my pants up with my dirty hand while the water runs down my leg and wets my clothes? Now, where's my own personal fingernail brush and some soap?

Geez, why not use TP and shower and change clothes a couple of times a day? Maybe there's a reason that TP is the standard in civilized countries. (I didn't say that France is civilized, haha.)

Rofl, you actually don't know how to use a bumgun? laugh.png

How long have you been staying in Thailand?

Flash course :

- lean on the side a bit

- aim at your arsehol_e with the gun and press the button

- dry it with a few sheets of toilet paper

Et voila! That's so much more hygienic and convenient than the "civilised" way of smearing **** all over using half a roll of TP.

And when I think back to the days of shiny toilet paper. sad.png

• Like 2

Yes, excellent toilets.

XG43B.jpg

wub.png

The hotel itself is ideally located and the room very nice too!

Wait!....Enema?

• Like 1