Brit embassy confirms some consul services dropped for Brits in Phuket

webfact

documentary and notarial services worldwide are being rationalised to provide a more modern and streamlined service.

That's hilarious. I hope no one from Britain criticizes Thai politicians/government spokes-people for spouting nonsense after reading this.

article-0-007B4E7F00000258-812_306x498.j

I will criticise this for what it is : a thinly disguised cost cutting measure , accompanied by a bull-shit justification .

I eagerly await for you to do the same regarding those instances you refer to ,regarding Thai politicians/government spokes-people .

Nigel Hawthorne and Paul Eddington would have been envious of this rhetoric from the British Government. Even though I'm a Yank, I loved YPM and YM a lot.

The reality of the notarial service in Bangkok is that one has to turn up in the morning, pay an extortionate fee for what amounts to a few minutes' work, submit the documents, and then wait several hours whilst the staff have a prolonged lunch break, no doubt fortified by numerous gin and tonics followed by a round or two of croquet before one can pick the documents up when they've finished. (And yes, they refuse point blank to post the documents to you when they're finished, even if you offer to pay a fee.) Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy. It makes me ashamed to be British.

Although none of the staff appear to be British...

• Like 1

Yup. More and more for less and less. My experience with British consular services around the world has always been pretty dismal. Miserable staff, extortionate prices for low level services but 'golly gosh, must have a bash for HM birthday'.

UK passport 48 pages £184 (9,240 THB). Thai passport 66 pages 1,000 THB (£19). Ever spiralling costs for ever reducing services.

Try getting an invite to said birthday bash! NO likely Charlie, unless one is of good social standing!

Another farce from debt ridden Britain - yeah bugger the citizen at every turn providing the established 'old boys network' is still over paid.

Care to name me a country that isn't heavily in debt? Check how far the US and Japan are in the black.

The UK Civil Service. Neither civil or providing a service.

Edited by Bagwan

A more modern and streamlined service ? If the Poms believe that 'pollie' bulldust, its no wonder England is in such a mess. I have just been there for a holiday and can only say "Thank god i left the sinking hole 40 years ago when i saw the writing on the wall"

Oh no! You.Will.Be.Missed laugh.png