Towing of illegally parked vehicles commences in Bangkok

webfact

attachicon.giftow.jpg

Looking at this photo, would it be too much to assume that the owner is nearby.

If the car has an automatic transmission, is it enough if the shift is in the "neutral N " position, or is it proper to tow the car with the rear wheels raised?

It's a front-wheel drive car, it doesn't matter what gear it's in as it is clearly going to have a front wheel lift.

The Thai police really know how to add value with their "Valet Parking Service". This info should go in the tourist guides for Bangkok!

I mean, for just 500 baht your car is collected (you don't even have to wait and give the keys), it gets stored in a safe place, 500 baht service fee and just pay 200 baht per additional day?

TIP: When leaving on holiday no need for arranging long term parking, just leave your car on a busy road and collect it after your trip for a small fee smile.png

/Marc

Never mind the damage incurred.......................

Why is half the police force of Bangkok watching the towing of this specific wehicl ? I guess they have more important work to do.

This is probably the first car towed under the new rule. The owner will receive coupons from the Royal Thai Police for a buffet dinner for him and his family at the Four Seasons Hotel, plus discount coupons for future use when his car is towed.

All in all, good work by the RTPthumbsup.gif .

It seems that bad parking is a good way to meet lots of senior police officers in Bangkok.

If I put an X-men sticker on my windscreen do I get an amnesty from this law?

Try first with putting a few pooh bears and the honey pot on the back of your car. I see that a lot.

No no...Pooh Bears and Hello Kitty's on silver or gold coloured Toyota Vigos are the target market for the BIB. Those people can afford the fine but dont know any higher ups that can get the BIB into conflict.

attachicon.giftow.jpg

If the car has an automatic transmission, is it enough if the shift is in the "neutral N " position, or is it proper to tow the car with the rear wheels raised?

It's a front-wheel drive car, it doesn't matter what gear it's in as it is clearly going to have a front wheel lift.

Excellent reply. And now how about the cars with rear wheel drive and automatic transmission?rolleyes.gif

attachicon.giftow.jpg

Excellent reply. And now how about the cars with rear wheel drive and automatic transmission?rolleyes.gif

I had a 4x4 towed off the express way... they lifted the front wheels to the truck and put a 'dolly' under the rear wheels, quite simple and quite effective.

I imagine that exactly the same works for rear wheel drive cars.

post-22569-0-09114900-1382406615_thumb.j

post-22569-0-53759600-1382406798_thumb.j

Edited by richard_smith237

attachicon.giftow.jpg

In the unlikely event the car has a hand brake that works and it is applied what happens when you raise the front wheels off the ground? Do you just drag the locked rear wheels along the road?