Climate Change Poll

T_Dog

Climate Change Poll  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't believe in Global Warming

I believe there is a Significant Climate Change occurring.

Some times and places are warmer, some cooler, some wetter and some dryer.

I blame the media for miss naming it.

Now every time some place gets cold, some numb skull cries " see? it not warming!"

Unfortunately it is still very profitable to destroy the environment.

I was going to vote on your "Climate change Poll"

But when you only asked about warming, I decided not to vote!

• Like 2

You guys need to vote to see if this polling function is working... So far no results.

Not enough choices ,human activity has a small effect ,its only there to raise taxes ,its been happening for centuaries ect ect ect.

• Like 2

What about the fact that the river Thames used to freeze over in the 1800s and they held fairs on it ,or that the romans grew grapes in Britain ,what about the ice ages ,its changing all the time ,global warming /cooling/change ,whatever the tree huggers and the tax raisers want to call it is just a con.

• Like 2

Well... According to the votes, a good 70 % of the voters ( including me ), believe humans can cause climate changes .

But the changes cannot be significant in the big picture IMHO, so i agree that the undoubtable changes, which naturally occur in cycles, are exploited by governments and big companies for their own agendas.

That said, i am open to change my opinion, as the statistics can quite easily be manipulated from one side or another.

• Like 1

Don't believe in Global Warming

I believe there is a Significant Climate Change occurring.

Some times and places are warmer, some cooler, some wetter and some dryer.

I blame the media for miss naming it.

Now every time some place gets cold, some numb skull cries " see? it not warming!"

Unfortunately it is still very profitable to destroy the environment.

I was going to vote on your "Climate change Poll"

But when you only asked about warming, I decided not to vote!

No worries. I like the concise explanation.

The earth has undergone numerous cycles of cold and warm climates since its birth.....some are quicker than others.

Our influence as humans on the life of the planet is the same effect as a gnat trying to push on an elephants bum to make it turn around.

The earth has survived well before we were here and will survive well long after we're gone......just get out there and enjoy yourself.

Cheers.

• Like 2

The earth has undergone numerous cycles of cold and warm climates since its birth.....some are quicker than others.

Our influence as humans on the life of the planet is the same effect as a gnat trying to push on an elephants bum to make it turn around.

The earth has survived well before we were here and will survive well long after we're gone......just get out there and enjoy yourself.

Cheers.

I agree very strongly with this statement!

Unfortunately, humans are so myopic they believe the end of the human race is the same as the end of the world!

Although I am a part of it and an in no hurry to leave, I believe the human race is a virus that started in Ethiopia and has spread globally and will eventually offset the balance of the planet enough that it will no longer be suitable to sustain human life.

As stated by Rsquared, "The earth will survive long after we are gone."

I only wish there was a way to observe the reaction of the Eco-systems to the absence of human influence once it rids itself of the virus!.

I assume things will reach a healthy balance and thrive without us!

We have only been on this planet for a very short period of the time life has existed here ( unless you are a Christian who believes the earth is only 6,000 years old..carbon dating be damned) and life on earth will continue long after we are gone.

I agree with post #6.

Interesting when severe weather with damages has occurred, and they say it is the worst in more than 50 years.

People jump on the wagon and say, it must be global warming.

I ask: So what caused it 50 years ago?

After inventing the internet, Al Gore invented the time machine and went back.

All because of something that is entirely normal and well within the bounds of natural variability.

Quite......

It is articles like this that has the alarmists shouting.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/

And then headlines like this has them screaming their heads off.

http://phys.org/news174234562.html

I would suggest that they all take quite a few paces back and look at the really big picture.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/06/04/dr-vincent-gray-on-historical-carbon-dioxide-levels/

//edit/spolling

Edited by Thaddeus

It was a great story of a man's dedication to document something in an unprecedented scale. Fascinating to see the big bits breaking off. The theme of the movie was heavily political though, presenting opinion as fact and then failing to connect the images to the science. Just because it is warmer out and some glaciers have hit their tipping point, which is to be expected when things are warmer, doesn't mean they have definitive proof of man's role in that. Those glaciers have come and gone before.

Some nice photography in it too.

• Like 1

What is really should be called is polar warming because that's what it is .

The planet is not a pot of coffee so to expect uniform warming across the surface is rather naive.

In fact, north western EU countries may well lose the warming caused by tropical currents being redirected.

Ice caps are melting, the evidence is indisputable and doing it fast and once the methane starts a runaway train effect, we could all well find ourselves in a very very unpleasant situation.

Honestly I think it's too late, we could stop all greenhouse gasses tomorrow and we'll still gonna be in for some catastrophic changes.

Would not be investing in Bangkok or surrounds real estate that's for sure. Already prone to flooding, and the government's ( any and all of them ) dismal ability to solve problems it will one of the first countries to really hit the skids.

I'd like to seem more concentration on population and resource control and stop the insane economic growth models that are unsustainable and only benefit the already obscenely rich .

Concur. As soon as they introduced money and taxes into the equation it has become the biggest con since organised religion.

Since there has been no increase in World Temperature in the past 15 years (IPCC report) they subtlely changed the term from 'Global Warming' to 'Climate Change', which we already have a word for. It is 'Weather'. it's been changing for eons.

The 'warmists' have even added another emotive arrow to their quiver. 'Extreme Weather Events'

Australia has been the world's 'Lab Rat' when it comes to scaring and ripping off the people, and being able to get away with it.

But we are resisting. As the results of the last Federal Election proved.

Oh dear again with the made up crap about Al gore " Inventing the internet..." As I responded on the world news thread ;

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Mr Gore as a US Senator did introduce legislation in 1988 and 1992 that funded the creation He never claimed to have invented it

The " initiative to create it, .." yes and thank you Mr Gore . In fact in 2005 he received a "Webby" award for his efforts.

I love it when conservatives argue using drivel that is so easily refuted

I agree with post #6.

Interesting when severe weather with damages has occurred, and they say it is the worst in more than 50 years.

People jump on the wagon and say, it must be global warming.

I ask: So what caused it 50 years ago?

After inventing the internet, Al Gore invented the time machine and went back.

• Like 1

How would you handle a global dwindling of resources? Time may be here soon when there isn't enough to eat, because 1st world fat slobs had to eat steak for a decade or so past when the entire world should have pulled together to conserve.

MAN MADE Global warming/cooling/climate change = Tax and control.

The carbon tax is coming (alreday there in Aus).

And eventually we will all have personal carbon limits. What we can eat, where we can travel and what temperature we can keep our homes at will all be controlled by the state. An authoritarin's wet dream.

All because of something that is entirely normal and well within the bounds of natural variability.

How would you handle a global dwindling of resources? Time may be here soon when there isn't enough to eat, because 1st world fat slobs had to eat steak for a decade or so past when the entire world should have pulled together to conserve.

World food production has always outstripped world food demand by a large factor. Plenty of uncultivated land left to grow more. If Arctic tundra melts, massive amounts more of productive land available.

The alarmists have been predicting we will be running out of food for over 50 years, it hasn't happened yet, and it won't in the foreseeable future.

Interesting fact about atmospheric CO2, the more there is, the better and faster plants grow, and the bigger the crop yield.

This is simple biology, Sunlight + CO2 + nutrients = food

So now you are going to whine on about 3rd world hunger, that isn't because of lack of food, that's because of lack of money. People who grow food want to make money, if you can't pay for it, they don't feed you. Whine about global economics and capitalism if you must, but don't whine about any imaginary lack of food.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

Well you seem to forget it takes water to make food, fresh water that is and that is a commodity that is dwindling at an alarming rate.

And desertification is also a concern you forget that , too.

I'm not whining, I'm very, very concerned so trite comments are most unwelcome in such a serious conversation- but expected from those who cannot or will not accept their behavior affects others less fortunate.

• Like 1

Well after reading al of the my house got flooded posts some people came to realise that Thailand has had problems with floods for century's thats why many old houses in rural Thailand are built on stilts .

Apparently buying a parcel of cheap land from noi or toys family in nakhon somewhere and building that million dollar retirement villa has left a sour taste in their mouth and bank account.

So much for climate change.But according to some people its al a certain politicians fault ........

Edited by Kudel

Well after reading al of the my house got flooded posts some people came to realise that Thailand has had problems with floods for century's thats why many old houses in rural Thailand are built on stilts .

Apparently buying a parcel of cheap land from noi or toys family in nakhon somewhere and building that million dollar retirement villa has left a sour taste in their mouth and bank account.

So much for climate change.But according to some people its al a certain politicians fault ........

Huh? You must be drunk, or high, or something. You basically said because some people got flooded out because they didn't build their houses on stilts, means climate change doesn't exist.

Did I get that right? Huh???