Black Smoke - Fire occurs in South Pattaya

NewGuy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it from the very beginning. Fire-Dept. was there reasonable fast, so were ambulances. Access was quite difficult as it was happening behind the 2nd. Rd. front and behind the Arab restaurants and the small Bonbon convenience store in the corner. O.c. it looked like organized chaos, but so do most fires. Thank God for the heavy rain, that prevented a bigger catastrophe. I feel sorry for the owners who probably did not have insurance, just a guess. I was a bit appalled by the many smiling and laughing onlookers. BTW. there was a bunch of gas bottles in that area and they blew up one after another. A big batch was removed in the very beginning, but then it got too dangerous to get near them. Hopefully nobody got hurt. MS>

just been there looking

mainly in the paint shop

started in the restaurant behind the paint shop said a police there

Sad. Thats my favourite hardware store friendly Thai family been using them for years! (pics above post from mcdiver of the TOA paint shop being dowsed)

But I think the fire is behind their shop looking at these pics, and its gone into those shops..

post-36578-0-28790700-1382434002_thumb.j

post-36578-0-08476700-1382434010_thumb.j

post-36578-0-59506300-1382434017_thumb.j

Edited by media
  • Like 1

Saw it from the very beginning. Fire-Dept. was there reasonable fast, so were ambulances. Access was quite difficult as it was happening behind the 2nd. Rd. front and behind the Arab restaurants and the small Bonbon convenience store in the corner. O.c. it looked like organized chaos, but so do most fires. Thank God for the heavy rain, that prevented a bigger catastrophe. I feel sorry for the owners who probably did not have insurance, just a guess. I was a bit appalled by the many smiling and laughing onlookers. BTW. there was a bunch of gas bottles in that area and they blew up one after another. A big batch was removed in the very beginning, but then it got too dangerous to get near them. Hopefully nobody got hurt. MS>

Almost 17:00 and there have still been some ambulances heading in that direction in the past few minutes.

... and just now another fire truck or water tanker.

Edited by Suradit69

That explains the traffic chaos. It took me 1 hour from Jomtien to Friendship market. Still very slow moving traffic, think I will wait here a couple of hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jomtien Fire Department is on the way now.

If it's big enough then maybe the mob on 3rd Road opp the Village may wake up and attend

What alternative do you propose? Are you a volunteer? Qualifications?

• Like 1

just been there looking

mainly in the paint shop

started in the restaurant behind the paint shop said a police there

Odd that in picture 3 they are using a Monitor to poor water in the front when quite clealry the seat of the fire needing the most attention is at the rear!

The header on the email notification for TV Topics I got this afternoon was: BREAKING: Big fire engulfs downton Jomtien in Pattaya

Downtown Jomtien? engulfs?

There did seem to be quite a few ambulances going back and forth. I hope no one was seriously injured. That smoke could definitely cause some breathing problems. Not sure if they have any protective equipment to prevent smoke inhalation especially when the fire involves toxic substances.

Anyway it seems to have been quelled.

Edited by Suradit69