Abhisit launches new English version book "The Simple Truth"

webfact

The book is very well written and informative. I find it very interesting that the BIB and the Attorney Generals Office, have not done anything to arrest the persons which assaulted foreign diplomats at the meeting in Pattaya, and the two assignation attempts, of the PM. All of these actions were reported in the world press to included on CNN, BBC, Al Jazera and many other media.ph34r.png

It is certainly not well written.Indeed the standard of English is slovenly, probably the result of sloppy translation of the original Thai version.It's informative only in the sense that it unwittingly exposes the weakness and moral bankruptcy of Abhisit's position.As Chris Baker pointed out in his review in the other paper a newcomer to the story would never know from this book that military casualties didn't reach double figures while redshirt deaths were over ten times that number.Dishonest crude propaganda.

Why should military casualties be high ? The Red shirts started this aggressive protest and caused significant damage and interruption to the city commerce. They were given ample warning to disperse. My only comment was that the military should have taken the city back earlier.

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First,, WHO done the translating, THAN is it really the simple truth,DO NOT FORGET THE TRUTH IS NOT SIMPLE,,,IT HURTS MANY PEOPLE WHOM CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH,,,,,,,stick this up his jumper smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png)

Translation? Regardless of how you feel about all this, the guy was born in the UK and has a Masters from Oxford. Unlike many people, one thing he doesn't need is a translator.

Do you really think he wrote the book? It was surely written by some ghostwriters. What doesn a master means from Oxford? Blair too was at Oxford.

Mr Abhisit is quite capable of writing this book. You seem to have difficulty understanding the meaning of "master".

Regarding Mr Abhisit's degree, he earned a Master's degree in Economics at St.Johns College, Oxford, Tony Blair's alma mater. Unfortunately Tony Blair is not as well educated as Mr Abhisit.

The large majority of English PMs have either been to Oxford or Cambridge.

• Like 1

I met him, just befor he became PM.

He is a good lair. A very good one.

But I still can see in his eyes when he is lying.

"He is a good lair."

To whom are you referring? B lair or the other one?

All politicians lie, some just better than others.

• Like 2

these reds on here are sooo touchy....oh and a very little minority..bet that hurts...and so few likes..and fewer friends no doubt,,except for there virtual ones on here...if they all meet up for a get together ,they could hire out an old bt telephone box...with room for another few......cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I met him, just befor he became PM.

He is a good lair. A very good one.

But I still can see in his eyes when he is lying.

What did he lair to you about?

The police could certainly use your supernatural abilities to detect deception merely by looking into someone's eyes.

:rolleyes:

The book is very well written and informative. I find it very interesting that the BIB and the Attorney Generals Office, have not done anything to arrest the persons which assaulted foreign diplomats at the meeting in Pattaya, and the two assignation attempts, of the PM. All of these actions were reported in the world press to included on CNN, BBC, Al Jazera and many other media.ph34r.png

It is certainly not well written.Indeed the standard of English is slovenly, probably the result of sloppy translation of the original Thai version.It's informative only in the sense that it unwittingly exposes the weakness and moral bankruptcy of Abhisit's position.As Chris Baker pointed out in his review in the other paper a newcomer to the story would never know from this book that military casualties didn't reach double figures while redshirt deaths were over ten times that number.Dishonest crude propaganda.

Why should military casualties be high ? The Red shirts started this aggressive protest and caused significant damage and interruption to the city commerce. They were given ample warning to disperse. My only comment was that the military should have taken the city back earlier.

The big question is, why were there ANY military casualties?

• Like 2

<<<<Off topic deflection comments removed>>>>

As to Abhisit's book, i would also suggest to read Chris Baker's review, which should be easy to google.

Edited by metisdead
Comments intended to drive the topic off topic have been edited out of post.

"and the two assignation attempts"

assignation
asɪgˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: assignation; plural noun: assignations
an appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers.
"his assignation with an older woman"
Who were these older women Khun Abhisit was attempting to meet?

Oh dear, oh dear.

Another person who is showing off his skills in reproducing content from a dictionary.

Probably his or her own language.

Very good!

Inform me, if you can, what other languages you are so fluent in, besides English?

I may be wrong but I think PREM-R's reply was intended as humour which you may have missed.

As he seems to be a Derby County supporter I would think he knows a lot about the English language but less about the Premiership. sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

English book? Who cares, this is Thailand and Thai's normally don't read English book. I guess the book is more for those TV Democrat fanatics. cheesy.gif

Maybe the Thais read the original Thai language version. Just a thought.

An English version means it's accessible to native English speakers and those who speak it as a second language. Thai is a very restrictive language in terms of the numbers you can reach with it whereas English is just the opposite.

No, the big question is why were there so many unarmed civilian casualties, but it does expose your mindset.

No, the big question is why were there so many unarmed civilian casualties, but it does expose your mindset.

There were many unarmed civilian casualties because the army were fighting against an armed militia. Why did the red shirts have an armed militia?

• Like 1

There were many unarmed civilian casualties because the army were fighting against an armed militia. Why did the red shirts have an armed militia?

No point in reasoning with guys who don't want to admit the well-documented media, pics, videos, evidence of the well armed rioters. Supporting them is like saying you like and support armed Al Queda mercenaries; who aren't so different: heavily armed and hired. Only they're generally trained and are brighter than red shirt thugs.

Maybe that title should be The Sample Truth-interesting that its been launched in English so fewer Thais can read it . No question it is throwing down the gauntlet to the current regime-provocative huh?

It's the English translation of his Thai book, so all literate Thais can read it. Perhaps the missunderstood fugitive's sis can have it read to her? So she can take note of it too.

• Like 1

That is because you're biased against him , though he did more good and harm than your N Korean style idol. If it was written by Thaksin, you'd be bustin' a nut.

..."more good and harm"... does that "and harm" neutralize the "good"? Meaning the guy did nothing effective? I think he did some good. Not being corrupt or utterly stupid f.i.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif76983_414264195317513_1946813878_n.jpg

attachicon.gif205515_469389039805028_2079495794_n.jpg

attachicon.gif561584_437038879668604_1482139738_n.jpg

attachicon.gifmanopgun.jpg

attachicon.gifredshirts n.jpg

No, the big question is why were there so many unarmed civilian casualties,

I suspect that when the average army soldier is given the "Big Book of War" aka his ROE it is assumed that that soldier can tell the difference between an armed civilian (i.e a potential threat) and an unarmed civilian. Maybe pictures like yours above would help. This is an unarmed civilian who was no threat to soldiers. I think we all know what happened to her and who was responsible, and No, it wasn't Thaksin.

paramedic.jpg

• Like 1

Yes ,"The Simple Truth" is that you Mr.Abhisit are still responsible together Mr.Suthep as former PM and CREST Director for killing 91 peoples.

Indeed! Let's hope that Messrs Abhisit, Suthep and Thaksin can stand in court one day,

Abhisit and Suthep charged with the 2010 deaths and Thaksin charged with the thousands of drug crackdown related deaths plus Khrue Sae and Tak Bai incidents.

Fair enough?

• Like 1

I suspect that when the average army soldier is given the "Big Book of War" aka his ROE it is assumed that that soldier can tell the difference between an armed civilian (i.e a potential threat) and an unarmed civilian. Maybe pictures like yours above would help. This is an unarmed civilian who was no threat to soldiers. I think we all know what happened to her and who was responsible, and No, it wasn't Thaksin.

Both the armed and the unarmed people, who weren't there by choice, who were there legally in some official capacity, be it soldiers, medics or whoever, are the ones who my sympathies go out to, and the ones who deserve justice. The remaining people, and the vast majority, who were there illegally and of their own free will, and who formed part of a group that included armed militants, have themselves to blame for their fate.

Of course though we live in a day and age when anything bad that happens to a person, is never their own fault, it's always someone else's.

• Like 2

Both the armed and the unarmed people, who weren't there by choice, who were there legally in some official capacity, be it soldiers, medics or whoever, are the ones who my sympathies go out to, and the ones who deserve justice. The remaining people, and the vast majority, who were there illegally and of their own free will, and who formed part of a group that included armed militants, have themselves to blame for their fate.

Of course though we live in a day and age when anything bad that happens to a person, is never their own fault, it's always someone else's.

"The remaining people, and the vast majority, who were there illegally and of their own free will, and who formed part of a group that included armed militants, have themselves to blame for their fate."

That is a pathetic and particularly unpleasant "argument' all to often seen on here, usually forwarded by those of the "hard of thinking" persuasion.

Have you never heard of a reasoned response to a perceived threat aka "a proportional response". In the unlikely event of getting that coward Abhisit into court it's likely you'll be hearing that phrase a lot - it's all that stands between him and sentencing (well that and usual suspects intervening)