New glass'es

superdome

I hope some of you guys may be able to help...I am having my eyes tested in the UK prior to coming to Bkk...I would like to have just new lenses put in my frames...in the UK it's more expensive to have that done than buying new glass's..which I cannot understand.

I shall be bringing the prescription with me..any advice on where to go + prices would be of great help...I need 1 pair for reading + 1 pair for distance[driving]

I do the same, I have good high end frames that I like and had the new lenses swapped for 2700 baht, which I was told was very expensive, the second shoppe said it would be 1200 to 1500. There is a chain - In most malls I can't remember the name maybe someone will come alone with some suggestions. I had a new script from home for those.

Readers are another story, I was using +100 went to another optician and they tested me for free and said I needed +200, I ended up buying a nice pair for 1300 baht but when I read that night I had the worst headache, tried for a few days ending up just tossing them and bought a pair of +125 off the street for 100 baht and I'm fine.

Shop around. Top Charoen is one chain and Beautiful Optic is another. Price of lenses varies according to the type you want, scratchproof, non-reflective, etc.

They have sales on all the time, and they sell as many cheap frames as expensive ones, they will always insist on trying to get you to try on Gucci's, etc., just ignore them and look at the prices before you try the frames.

I buy glasses at both periodically, they are much cheaper than here in the sandpit; last week at Top Charoen in Pattaya I got two pairs of specs and a pair of sunglasses, all prescription, with scratchproof lenses, for approx. Bt7,500.

I'd pay that for one pair in the Middle East.

Oh and they have all the equipment to do a proper eye test as well. They picked up on the astigmatism in one of my eyes without me having to tell them, so I consider them quite competent. I've been wearing all three without problem.

I do the same, I have good high end frames that I like and had the new lenses swapped for 2700 baht, which I was told was very expensive, the second shoppe said it would be 1200 to 1500. There is a chain - In most malls I can't remember the name maybe someone will come alone with some suggestions. I had a new script from home for those.

Readers are another story, I was using +100 went to another optician and they tested me for free and said I needed +200, I ended up buying a nice pair for 1300 baht but when I read that night I had the worst headache, tried for a few days ending up just tossing them and bought a pair of +125 off the street for 100 baht and I'm fine.

Thanx for the reply...will take in what you said

Shop around. Top Charoen is one chain and Beautiful Optic is another. Price of lenses varies according to the type you want, scratchproof, non-reflective, etc.

They have sales on all the time, and they sell as many cheap frames as expensive ones, they will always insist on trying to get you to try on Gucci's, etc., just ignore them and look at the prices before you try the frames.

I buy glasses at both periodically, they are much cheaper than here in the sandpit; last week at Top Charoen in Pattaya I got two pairs of specs and a pair of sunglasses, all prescription, with scratchproof lenses, for approx. Bt7,500.

I'd pay that for one pair in the Middle East.

Oh and they have all the equipment to do a proper eye test as well. They picked up on the astigmatism in one of my eyes without me having to tell them, so I consider them quite competent. I've been wearing all three without problem.

Good reply Thanx.....info will be put to use