Need to take large amount if $$ out if Thailand

wjuranek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite easy as I've done it before.... You are allowed 10k in cash to bring in NOT A PENNY OVER OR ELSE YOU FILL OUT A FORM..

And go to your bank here and have them turn the money into BANK CHECKS.. I did it at KASIKORN a year ago 27k in increments of 9000. AGAIN, in the USA you want to make deposits of less than 10k in any bank or you fill out a blue form there too and you are flagged..

So I had 3 KASIKORN BANK checks in increments of 9k each and 10k cash on me NO PROBLEMO

Nothing illegal about it.

Sorry, I think if you check a little closer you will find the wording (for the USA) is 'cash or other monetary instruments. Checks being 'monetary documents'.............

INDEED, what you did was 'ILLEGAL', BUT YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT, SO yes - 'no problem'. If you did what you say, chalk it up to luck.

The odds of making it through (if you are otherwise honest/clean-cut looking) are probably better than 90%, and you did make it thru but it is that 10% that could be your 'nightmare'

I have many Thai friends that boast about smuggling in a fresh mango and not getting caught, but many have tried and had them taken away.

NOTE TO THE OP: Go informed and don't be sorry you went on poor advise.

Perhaps you are correct with the definition of a "monetary instrument". Then mail it to yourself OVERNIGHT so it gets there B4 you, problem solved. However a piece of paper is way different than a mango, fruit or other...

• 2 weeks later...