aveabeeror2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(A dead person is an inanimate object).

That's a purely a matter of opinion. 

Sorry my ilinformed poster, it is not a matter of opinion, it is a proven scientific fact.
You're confusing the afterlife with evolution.  Evolution is a proven scientific fact.

I'll buy a case of beer for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is nothing remaining of us after our corporeal life is over.

(I'll buy a Maserati for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is something remaining of our consciousness after corporeal life is over)

When our corporeal life is over, only our body dies. The soul moves on and as an infinite being it has consciousness. That's how it's possible that we can remember our previous lives under specific circumstances. I can take you to a hypnotherapist so you can see the proof yourself.

By the time your session is over I am going to have a clear idea about the color of the Maserati and what extras I want.

Starting threads and misspelling the most important word in the headline??coffee1.gif

When I posted I did correct the miss-spelling, but didn't mention it at the time because I didn't want to appear as the spelling police.

Was noted though.

Ah ... what the heck ... it's all a bit of fun ... laugh.png

Sorry my ilinformed poster, it is not a matter of opinion, it is a proven scientific fact.
You're confusing the afterlife with evolution. Evolution is a proven scientific fact.

I'll buy a case of beer for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is nothing remaining of us after our corporeal life is over.

(I'll buy a Maserati for anyone that can show me scientific proof that there is something remaining of our consciousness after corporeal life is over)

. After life has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Paragraph 2 directly conflicts with para 3. Re para. One,have you not heard that you cannot prove a negative?

You're confusing the afterlife with evolution. Evolution is a proven scientific fact.

When our corporeal life is over, only our body dies. The soul moves on and as an infinite being it has consciousness. That's how it's possible that we can remember our previous lives under specific circumstances. I can take you to a hypnotherapist so you can see the proof yourself.

By the time your session is over I am going to have a clear idea about the color of the Maserati and what extras I want.

. There is no proof,evidence,whatsoever to substantiate what you say.

If you consider it funny then total darkness is present in your case. Therefore I am not surprised that you get excited by seeing some brightness.

What you suggest here is that without faith your consciousness will cease to exist.... Now, if there is an afterlife wouldn't it exist for anyone, those with faith or without?

I know this is off topic so I'll find a saying, or rather a quote to suit the subject:

V

oltaire : 'Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.'

. Don't bother Dick, some people need to believe,make that people in Thailand to keep it applicable to here, that when they die,there is a better life ahead of them and nothing will change their misguided belief. Dominum For Biscum. (Where are the spelling police?)

Maybe you might wish to narrow your question.

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country - Thailand?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Westerns say about their host country folk - Thais ?

Do you mean 'favourite ridiculous saying' that Thais say about us?

Or is it a general shotgun question, worth of banter at the Pub ... whistling.gif

I quite like "Rediculous sayings". I'm swithering between guessing that is minor comments or belittling comments.

If you consider it funny then total darkness is present in your case. Therefore I am not surprised that you get excited by seeing some brightness.

. Suggested reading....The God Delusion by Richard

Dawkins.

Belief in one book supplanted by belief in another.

. There is no proof,evidence,whatsoever to substantiate what you say.

I can just see you, as you go up to meet the choir invisible, raking through the pearly white robes, saying "sorry mate, no pockets. I'd buy you one, but..." We can all fantasise about God and the Everafter, but when it boils down to it - a few sins of the flesh versus Damnation for Eternity... Long odds would still be too short for me, and I'm not so arrogant that I think I can beat the bookmakers

SC

. Suggested reading....The God Delusion by Richard

Dawkins.

Belief in one book supplanted by belief in another.

One book is intended to be taken literally, the other is open to interpretation. When it comes to facts, I'd have more faith in the Bible (subject to a little fisherman's tailing) than in anything based on current science, which will be obsolete within our lifetimes - even for fogeys like GH and myself

SC

. After life has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Paragraph 2 directly conflicts with para 3. Re para. One,have you not heard that you cannot prove a negative?

Of course I can scientifically prove a negative.

Look up my IP and you'll clearly see that I'm NOT writing this post from Venus*, or use the speed of light and you'll see scientific proof I'm NOT posting this from outside the Milky Way. (Not that I believe the speed of light is any real limit, but it's the best scientific thinking at present)

As for your "proven scientific fact" that there is no life after death, I reject that there is any scientific proof at all, either way.

So I believe there is an afterlife and that's all I need to say- it's a matter of faith and nobody can prove me wrong (or right).

* Edit, I must apologize, I left out the caveat that I mean Venus the planet. I could be posting this from the Venus Massage Parlor, somewhere on Sukhumvit. My bad.

Edited by impulse

Edit, I must apologize, I left out the caveat that I mean Venus the planet. I could be posting this from the Venus Massage Parlor, somewhere on Sukhumvit. My bad

If that were the case your typing would be a lot wobblier mate.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Kick one and see if it moves.

I have a scientific test for you to conduct which will demonstrate or disprove my contention that it is purely a matter of opinion whether or not (A dead person is an inanimate object)

Next time you go to a funeral - drag to body out of the coffin and give it a good old kicking - once should be enough, but if you want to be really sure give it two or three kickings.

You will, I am sure, get an answer to whether or not an alternative opinion exists.

• Like 1

Of course I can scientifically prove a negative.

Look up my IP and you'll clearly see that I'm NOT writing this post from Venus*, or use the speed of light and you'll see scientific proof I'm NOT posting this from outside the Milky Way. (Not that I believe the speed of light is any real limit, but it's the best scientific thinking at present)

As for your "proven scientific fact" that there is no life after death, I reject that there is any scientific proof at all, either way.

So I believe there is an afterlife and that's all I need to say- it's a matter of faith and nobody can prove me wrong (or right).

* Edit, I must apologize, I left out the caveat that I mean Venus the planet. I could be posting this from the Venus Massage Parlor, somewhere on Sukhumvit. My bad.

I can scientifically prove that I never wrote "proven scientific fact that there is no life after death".Dont just make things up as you go along mate.