Which waterfall to get my feet wet?

tangcoral

At this time of year, I'm not sure if any waterfall is safe. We've had an awful lot of rain. Given the limitations on trekking, you might want to try the Mae Sa waterfall in Mae Rim. Parking is very convenient to the falls It's actually several waterfalls cascading down. If you don't have a thai driver's license or thai identity card, they charge you a lot more. Years ago it was 500 baht. But that price may have been lowered. Lots of restaurants in one of the parking lots, too.

My favorite local place for water is Op Khan national park. You can definitely get the water pounding on your back experience upstream a bit and there are usually very few people there. You can park right beside the lower portion of the stream which is great for swimming. But again, at this time of year, there might be too much water for it to be safely enjoyed.

As an alternative try Tord Mork waterfall in tambon Mae Raem on the road that leads to Eagle Track, the "Hmong Resort", and eventually Mon Chaem. You will need to bring your own food and drink and, as it is in the national forest, the same charges apply as at Mae Sa.

Huay Keow waterfall, up Huay Keow road, just past the zoo, left and park at the small Buddha.

Walk 100m down the path, past the shops and stalls, big waterfalls, shallow sandy pools for the kids to run around in.

About waist deep (for an adult) in the very deepest part. Very shallow in most of the pools.

Free

Plenty of grass and trees for a picnic.

post-176974-0-56106600-1382708509_thumb.

Edited by FiftyTwo