Political rallies suspended after Supreme Patriarch's death

webfact

Been here 13 years ....Who or what is this supreme patriarch, just asked the Mrs.(Thai ) she don't know either.... so I don't think it will be any great concern amongst Thais, or me for that matter!

A bit like the pope. The top of a hoodoo voodoo structure that Buddha probably would not approve of if alive today.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"News reports say nightlife establishments and other related venues where alcohol is served would be "asked" to close down throughout the national mourning, appointed to be 15 days, due to Buddhist religious belief which frowns on consumption of alcohol."

Hmm, asked or told? Going to cost some people a lot if this is enforced. Of course I'm sure a blind eye could be turned for a little "gift".

Friends of mine in Chiang Mai have been issued letters not on offical letterhead, stating NO ALCOHOL AT ALL between Nov 2nd and Nov 3 due to ELECTIONS and they state this is the FIRST time in many years they have had such letters DELEIVERED IN PERSON WITH A FRIENDLY MESSAGE, even though it is the law.

The point is they state they are starting to feel the RED RAGE against foreign businesses.

Or maybe just being asked to observe the law?

Is there a law saying you can't sell alcohol on November 2 & 3?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isn't there one saying you can't sell alcohol during elections?

Although only anti-government protesters are mentioned I assume also the upcoming anti-anti-government protests will be suspended, like the one planned for Chatuchak ?

Well if there isn't an anti-government rally, then how could there possibly be an anti-anti-government rally?

A chicken-and-egg problem it ain't.

There was a group of Red Shirts protesting in Ratchada road this afternoon; someone send them a memo or something.