Electric bill text reminder

phuketsub

When I was paying my overdue PEA bill at their office about 6 months ago they were offering a [future] service to remind customers via text message if their bills were coming due, so I signed up.

Today I got my first text message reminding me, so I paid up at 7-Eleven by the deadline.

I happen to live near the PEA office, so paying late is not a big deal for me, but for people in other parts of the island this might be a useful service.

To sign up call the hotline 1129 and have your bill with the 10-digit user number ready to give to the operator.

They had an operator on-duty who spoke passable English when I called to see if it would actually work today.

I hope this will save some of my fellow TV members some hassles in the future.

The service is available nationwide.

Have your bill automatically deducted from your Thai Bank account and not only will you not have to remember it but you won't have to go anywhere to pay it

I know that service is available, but I am kind of 'old school' in that respect -- and I don't really trust them with my bank details anymore than I do to provide a continuous power supply...

Have your bill automatically deducted from your Thai Bank account and not only will you not have to remember it but you won't have to go anywhere to pay it

I know that service is available, but I am kind of 'old school' in that respect -- and I don't really trust them with my bank details anymore than I do to provide a continuous power supply...

We have paid our electric bills and water bills at 3 seperate addresses by standing order for many years. Never once had a problem.

Wouldn't dare to pay utility bills late in Thailand. When I was still living in Hua Hin, once I was confused by the new design of the electricity bill, and I understood I had to pay ultimately on the 8th, though it really was on the 6th. On the 7th they came to cut me off when I was still sleeping. Fortunately the housekeeper was there, and she convinced them to wait one more day.

No big deal if you pay your TOT bill late. One day I wondered why the phone (and more importantly the internet) had gone down, only to find I had got behind with payments. I went in to pay; the cashier said you are overdue and we have cut you off. I said yes, sorry! when can I be reconnected? Now you have paid I will reconnect you she replied. Today? Yes today. I got home an hour later and the phone/internet was working again.

There was no disconnection or reconnection charge, I only paid the normal amount per the original bill including the prior unpaid month.

Remarkably civilised I thought! Amazing Thailand and no sardonic sneer for oncetongue.png