Phuket’s illegal tour van drivers granted temporary amnesty

Lite Beer

"“We will issue documents to certify any van drivers who are waiting for their applications to become legal so they will not be arrested in the meantime,” he said."

..not be arrested for manslaughter, drunk driving, drugs, assault with a deadly weapon, causing death to other road users through dangerous driving, etc etc

I think they already have this document - it is sort of brown in colour with a famous face on it and a foil strip through the paper. Comes in multiple copies depending on the seriousness of the offence.

<snip>

So why on earth did you buy a van before you were legal? Idiot...

<snip>

They can't start the process of getting legal till they have the van in possession.

I don't think that this is possible,what you are saying buy a van than maybe get a legal document?????What happens if one can't get a legal document??take the van back to the dealer and get his money back????they are not that stupid here.

<snip>

So why on earth did you buy a van before you were legal? Idiot...

<snip>

They can't start the process of getting legal till they have the van in possession.

I don't think that this is possible,what you are saying buy a van than maybe get a legal document?????What happens if one can't get a legal document??take the van back to the dealer and get his money back????they are not that stupid here.

We're not talking about making a van legal. we're talking about making the van legal to transport tourists.

Amazing that these illegal drivers or van drivers in general cause so many deaths in Thailand but they are granted amnesty and allowed

to continue to work. But when someone is actually doing something safe and has value like teaching the next generation "illegally"

they get the book thrown at them.

How difficult would it be for a company to find legal drivers?

What the government is saying there are no repercussions for committing a crime such as hiring illegal workers

or workers that are not either qualified nor have the proper documentation.

The corruption goes on and the loss of life closely follows. Pathetic Thailand, I would say you can do better but

I really don't think that's the case. bah.gif

Does Anyone have Some Actual Statistics on how many Deaths are Caused by " Illegal " drivers are Compared to Legal ones ?

• Like 1

Greed is going to destroy Thailand!

Look around ... it already has...!!

The way authorities expound legality over here assures me they also believe a woman can be half pregnant

Amazing that these illegal drivers or van drivers in general cause so many deaths in Thailand but they are granted amnesty and allowed

to continue to work. But when someone is actually doing something safe and has value like teaching the next generation "illegally"

What the government is saying there are no repercussions for committing a crime such as hiring illegal workers

The corruption goes on and the loss of life closely follows. Pathetic Thailand, I would say you can do better but

I repeat what is really amazing is how foreigners can be so stupid to think a piece of paper will make a difference in safety. There are lots and lots of licensed drivers getting into accidents. Get into reality. Driver training weather you are licensed or not will make the difference. enforcement of traffic laws will make the difference. What planet are you people from?

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Does Anyone have Some Actual Statistics on how many Deaths are Caused by " Illegal " drivers are Compared to Legal ones ?

Would be impossible to collect. When I am transporting somebody illegally I am transporting a friend. So it would never be in any legal or illegal statistic.

The way authorities expound legality over here assures me they also believe a woman can be half pregnant

No the way thai Visa posters expound that getting a license will make every thing safe is the same as believing a women can be half pregnant. Get of the band wagon and think about safety first.

Typical Thai travesty and stupidity. When will the authorities learn from so many mistakes, so many accidents and turning a blind eye to illegal activities, unless of course it's a " falang 2 committing the offence.

Another poster on his high and mighty horse it is illegal who cares about safety? Are you that sure that a bad driver can get a license and abracadabra he is a safe driver.

Spread the word to the world you don't need driver training or enforcement of traffic laws all you need for safety is a piece of paper.

Would be impossible to collect. When I am transporting somebody illegally I am transporting a friend. So it would never be in any legal or illegal statistic.

That Answers the Question Really , no one knows if " illegal " drivers cause more Deaths than " Legal " ones ...

Therefore it makes sense to get em all Legal .