Any Hotel Owners on this forum?

hammered70

Another psycholgist in waiting! Sorry you dont like my attitude but I always stand up to bullies! Maybe check your own attitude before you pick up on other peoples, as by your own admission you have been sarcastic and now just plain rude. Still on the bright side I have just discovered the ignore function. So thats the last I will be hearing or seeing of you and fruitcake... have a great rest of your life.

bit of a contradiction there mohammered

standing up to and then hiding behind the ignore function?

what are you man or mouse?

squeak up!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to the peeps who pm'ed me. Can quite understand why you wouldnt want to post openly on here and leave yourself open to the bile and hostility. What a welcome! Lemoncake just want to apologise to you for daring to post on your personal forum. I didn't notice the "no trespassing" sign.....

as MR T would say "I pity the fool"

Yes i am sure you are swapped with PM's from people looking for a meal in return for their time and experiencecheesy.gif

The words "Greedy" and "B*stard" come to mind. This is an open forum where people come together for free advice and guidance and to share opinions.

Edited by gmac
  • Like 2

Thank you to the peeps who pm'ed me. Can quite understand why you wouldnt want to post openly on here and leave yourself open to the bile and hostility. What a welcome! Lemoncake just want to apologise to you for daring to post on your personal forum. I didn't notice the "no trespassing" sign.....

Yes i am sure you are swapped with PM's from people looking for a meal in return for their time and experiencecheesy.gif

The words "Greedy" and "B*stard" come to mind. This is an open forum where people come together for free advice and guidance and to share opinions.

Certainly when the question is something like" how much your monthly electric bills" not when its meet me and tell me how your business runs.

It may not be as logical to some, but running business takes time and time is money, so is experience and expertise and those do not come free.

But please do feel free to provide ALL your business knowledge, no one is stopping you

Edited by lemoncake

Mate if I was you I would be very careful unless you know a lot about Thailand and have spent a very long time there already.

There are many Farang who have gone bust trying to run a bar or hotel business in Thailand.

Good luck but you are a braver man than me :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And others have become fabiously wealthy... witness American Bill Heneike (though he is now a Thai citizen).

Gmac, didn't see you Wailing when Walen was advertising a symposium on making money for expats on this very forum

how much was that? 3-4000 baht a chair?

he was charging expats to follow his business model not give it for free

lemoncake nor anyone else should be expected to impart information like this for free

when i first came here, i stayed at the Dusit for a month, everyday and night i used to get baht bus outside for 100 baht into town

i thought it was cheap

by the time someone told me to get on a moving bus and it was 5 baht , i had blown well over 5000 baht

i bought the guy a few beers pro rata to the value of the information

i made an error which this guy corrected and saved me money

i wonder how much money i would save if i sat down with lemoncake and talked hotels

maybe thousands and thousands of dollars

so i think he deserves payment of a lot more that a meal out and he should not be expected to give it out for free for some wannabe host from UK just 'cos they asked for help

i mean, claiming to have been here 10 years here on and off, with Thai wife/boyfriend, shouldn't they collectively have picked something up by now?

something aside from the typical shitty, demanding and expectant attitude you always get from newbies on here......

and some TV'ers think us veterans should go easy on them?

sorry i think they deserve a good hazing

Edited by blackman

The only advice you would get off Lemoncake is how not to run a 'hotel' (a terraced townhouse with 3 rooms is not a hotel)

A cursory glance at his posts last high season when tourist numbers and hotel occupancy rates were off the charts in Pattaya, saw poor old Lemoncake empty and bordering on breakdown on TVF. Despite the fact it was clear to see for anyone living there how dam_n busy it was, and all the Govt, TAT figures backing it up, Lemoncake had a mate who had a laundry and he was getting less bed sheets than the year before from a hotel, which in Lemoncakes esteemed opinion meant that actually Pattaya was empty. It did not occur to him that perhaps his 'hotel' was just empty.

You are better off not taking advice from him.

Glad to hear you know me or what I have so well.

Though a terrace with 3 rooms might be 3 times more than you could ever handle

So the poor OP is made fun of by some for not knowing how much electric, water or internet may cost and then also makes fun of their wives for not being able to make a phone call.

Well, I also would not know how much electricity and water and an internet system would cost for a hotel, so if I wanted to know, I would ask. Because you know how much your electricity costs at your condo or home, does not equate to a hotel. Seems logical to ask for some information on this.

That one poster feels the need to charge by the hour for such info, probably says more about his own business than anything else and as another poster eludes above, seems he has a poor hotel himself somewhere with no guests. Not the ideal model to garner info I would think.

like many on here, newbies as well as seasoned posters, you are making unsubstantiated ASSumptions

only ASSes make ASSumptions

The only advice you would get off Lemoncake is how not to run a 'hotel' (a terraced townhouse with 3 rooms is not a hotel)

A cursory glance at his posts last high season when tourist numbers and hotel occupancy rates were off the charts in Pattaya, saw poor old Lemoncake empty and bordering on breakdown on TVF. Despite the fact it was clear to see for anyone living there how dam_n busy it was, and all the Govt, TAT figures backing it up, Lemoncake had a mate who had a laundry and he was getting less bed sheets than the year before from a hotel, which in Lemoncakes esteemed opinion meant that actually Pattaya was empty. It did not occur to him that perhaps his 'hotel' was just empty.

you almost had me until you said this:

''when tourist numbers and hotel occupancy rates were off the charts in Pattaya '''

and

''all the Govt, TAT figures backing it up,''

So the poor OP is made fun of by some for not knowing how much electric, water or internet may cost and then also makes fun of their wives for not being able to make a phone call.

Well, I also would not know how much electricity and water and an internet system would cost for a hotel, so if I wanted to know, I would ask. Because you know how much your electricity costs at your condo or home, does not equate to a hotel. Seems logical to ask for some information on this.

That one poster feels the need to charge by the hour for such info, probably says more about his own business than anything else and as another poster eludes above, seems he has a poor hotel himself somewhere with no guests. Not the ideal model to garner info I would think.

I guess that is why there are people who own business and people who only want to know.

I am certain a halfwit would understand that different hotels have different bills, depending on number of rooms, occupancy, even down to type if air cons used, energy saving smart cards etc

Price per unit is the same nationwide.

Not the wisest choice to post utter rubbish based on what you think or others like to think, but I guess in Thailand all become savy business people with highest of education and money sense, and yet for some reason struggling to live off pension or in 5000 baht rooms

you almost had me until you said this:

''when tourist numbers and hotel occupancy rates were off the charts in Pattaya '''

and

''all the Govt, TAT figures backing it up,''

Should have seen Smut argue the point in that thread at the time. He knew it all from behind his computer, because TAT said so.

PS, one thing i never managed to get out of anyone there, was how exactly anyone knew what was hotels occupancy when smaller chain or independent hotels do not report it.

Or better yet, see how many knew how to calculate annual occupancy, from memory one even managed to get over 100% occupancy in his experience:cheesy.gif

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

He provides a lot of laughs reading his posts though

• Like 2

Glad to be of help. I realize its somewhat "funny" when people live the life you only read in books about.

Oh thats right, i spell the surname wrong of a person you read aboutrolleyes.gif

like many on here, newbies as well as seasoned posters, you are making unsubstantiated ASSumptions

Do you rent one of his rooms?

Sorry, another assumption.

I guess that is why there are people who own business and people who only want to know.

I am certain a halfwit would understand that different hotels have different bills, depending on number of rooms, occupancy, even down to type if air cons used, energy saving smart cards etc

Not the wisest choice to post utter rubbish based on what you think or others like to think, but I guess in Thailand all become savy business people with highest of education and money sense, and yet for some reason struggling to live off pension or in 5000 baht rooms

Oh you big business owner you...or do you prefer 'entrepreneur'

Funny thing is, most people become business owners, not born business owners, unless fabulously wealthy and handed to them...is that you fruitcake? Fabulously wealthy and handed a 3 room guesthouse in the ass end of civilization?

Most people could gather from information raised, that if you had a 15 room hotel and it cost xxx amount, then if you wanted to run a 30 room hotel, the electric should cost xxx amount less a % for common areas and that could be good enough for budgetry purposes....but I would like to hear fruit cakes Harvard business version.

Oh boyrolleyes.gif , let me guess, you do not have a clue about business do you?!

Let me explain again.

Your bills vary on number of rooms, occupancy, aircon types and brands installed, fridge types and brands, hot water systems, energy saving lamps and light fittings, smart cards etc.

Just as some people food bill is 30 baht per day and others 300 baht per day.

Also why some people have bills of 1000 baht per month for their condo and others have 3000 baht for the same size condo.

Please quit making fool out of yourself, if you do not comprehend the basics

Now that we covered the basics,, do you have any advise or knowledge to share with OP? since this topic is about just that and clearly i know nothing and according to experts have a townhouse with 3 roomscheesy.gif

Glad to be of help. I realize its somewhat "funny" when people live the life you only read in books about.

Oh thats right, i spell the surname wrong of a person you read aboutrolleyes.gif

Actually, you got pretty much everything wrong about that particular incident laugh.png

Do you rent one of his rooms?

Sorry, another assumption.

Would you look at that, another poster who happens to start posting today and also so happens in the same thread as OP and just as another coincidence in OP's supportw00t.gif

Funny thing is, most people become business owners, not born business owners, unless fabulously wealthy and handed to them...is that you fruitcake? Fabulously wealthy and handed a 3 room guesthouse in the ass end of civilization?

Most people could gather from information raised, that if you had a 15 room hotel and it cost xxx amount, then if you wanted to run a 30 room hotel, the electric should cost xxx amount less a % for common areas and that could be good enough for budgetry purposes....but I would like to hear fruit cakes Harvard business version.

'well considering that i said i own a hotel'

3 rooms above a shop house hardly counts as a hotel.....unless you're ' bigging it up' like all the people you keep dissing.....

Actually, you got pretty much everything wrong about that particular incident laugh.png

Yes i am sure the book has it correct, not the real peoplethumbsup.gif

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. So would you care to share your BUSINESS experience? hopefully the real life not what you read in the books

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. So would you care to share your BUSINESS experience? hopefully the real life not what you read in the books

There is a book? I imagine they actually knew the correct names of the person..and the siblings. Let me know the title and I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you clap2.gif

I think all the OP wanted was an approximate cost of utilities and Wifi to obtain an approximate Standard Cost per Room to work out Profit versus Cost.....

Pretty normal thing to ask and something you can't just assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

'well considering that i said i own a hotel'

3 rooms above a shop house hardly counts as a hotel.....unless you're ' bigging it up' like all the people you keep dissing.....

I realize reading and comprehending is not a gift, so be so kind and point out when i said i had a shophouse with 3 rooms,

Inability to do that, no doubt would make you feel like the biggest fool i hopethumbsup.gif

Oh boyrolleyes.gif , let me guess, you do not have a clue about business do you?!

Let me explain again.

Your bills vary on number of rooms, occupancy, aircon types and brands installed, fridge types and brands, hot water systems, energy saving lamps and light fittings, smart cards etc.

Just as some people food bill is 30 baht per day and others 300 baht per day.

Also why some people have bills of 1000 baht per month for their condo and others have 3000 baht for the same size condo.

Please quit making fool out of yourself, if you do not comprehend the basics

Now that we covered the basics,, do you have any advise or knowledge to share with OP? since this topic is about just that and clearly i know nothing and according to experts have a townhouse with 3 roomscheesy.gif

now you're offering advice for free.

if you'd done this in the first place, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool.

remind us again, was it just the 3 rooms in your 'shotel' ??

• Like 2

There is a book? I imagine they actually knew the correct names of the person..and the siblings. Let me know the title and I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you clap2.gif

the sad part is you actually think you smartfacepalm.gif

I guess nothing on the topic?whistling.gif

now you're offering advice for free.

if you'd done this in the first place, you wouldn't have made yourself look like a fool.

remind us again, was it just the 3 rooms in your 'shotel' ??

No, actually its just 1, yet still better than living off pension

PS, Did not realize common sense was "advice"

Edited by lemoncake