Any Hotel Owners on this forum?

hammered70

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the poor OP is made fun of by some for not knowing how much electric, water or internet may cost and then also makes fun of their wives for not being able to make a phone call.

Well, I also would not know how much electricity and water and an internet system would cost for a hotel, so if I wanted to know, I would ask. Because you know how much your electricity costs at your condo or home, does not equate to a hotel. Seems logical to ask for some information on this.

That one poster feels the need to charge by the hour for such info, probably says more about his own business than anything else and as another poster eludes above, seems he has a poor hotel himself somewhere with no guests. Not the ideal model to garner info I would think.

A 36 room guest house spread over 9 buildings approximately 2 rai of land along the banks of the Mekong. Some building are traditional teak, some teak and concrete and others are steel and concrete. Some buildings have dorm style rooms others with private bath and others with private bath and AC. 3 of the buildings are South East facing and 4 are North West facing and 2 are well covered under trees. All of which leads me to the point that each building given their own unique characteristics have unique electricity and water bills. Maintenance on each of the buildings is unique as well. Due to the unique style and structure of each building. There are 3 salas, two admin buildings, and a maintenance building. 3 utility sheds and laundry facilities.

So what was the first thing I did when I was looking into a guest house....research. I went to the local water/electric offices, TOT, 3BB, CAT,TrueVision among others to inquire about rates and business plans. I did research on the ground I stayed int he city for 3 months checking patterns, local options for guest houses, inquired about sources for bedding, furniture, tradespeople, suppliers for things like food, beer, water (drinking) inquired about bulk buying, local fees for registration, permits. employment, welfare payments. building codes, zoning, assuming capital, debt structures, more permits.......

And a few other things before beginning.

But I should have just asked here on TV forum and saved myself all that time and money.....sheesh I am such an idiot. However I am in Isaan not Pattaya so I am sure we do things differently here.

What hotel are you interested in buying? Perhaps I can do some research for you and provide you with the numbers you are looking for.

shame on those who felt the need to reply and simply mock.....

they must be really busy running their businesses into the ground to be paranoid of a potential competitor...

facepalm.gif

Has nothing to do with competition.

For me, it it my time to teach someone EVERYTHING about the business, and that is time and time is money.

OP did not come on to ask specific questions, but wants a full course on how to run the business.

He clarified he wants information on electricity, water, internet etc, which is the most basic and easiest information which takes 5 mins if that, to research ie making a phone call to get local rates.

So clearly OP wants full education course and when asked how much he is willing to pay or offer, he mocks it and offers a mealblink.png

Surely, you realize business knowledge comes with experience, time invested and money.

I am sure you also understand, that even those who write books, they sell them and get paid for their expertise.

4-5 pages of trolls without so much as a single clue do not seem to grasp basics and to prove the point not even 1 offered any advice to OP,

I wonder why that isthumbsup.gif

Not even one of them has any clue of who i am and what i own, and yet they spent 4 pages critisizing imaginary business i supposedly have or run.

Some trolls were silly enough to start commenting on things they do not even comprehend and you wanted me or anyone with experience to post

FREE information for the same trolls to mock and correct?!

• Like 1

they must be really busy running their businesses into the ground to be paranoid of a potential competitor...

facepalm.gif

For me, it it my time to teach someone EVERYTHING about the business, and that is time and time is money.

OP did not come on to ask specific questions, but wants a full course on how to run the business.

He clarified he wants information on electricity, water, internet etc, which is the most basic and easiest information which takes 5 mins if that, to research ie making a phone call to get local rates.

So clearly OP wants full education course and when asked how much he is willing to pay or offer, he mocks it and offers a mealblink.png

Surely, you realize business knowledge comes with experience, time invested and money.

I am sure you also understand, that even those who write books, they sell them and get paid for their expertise.

4-5 pages of trolls without so much as a single clue do not seem to grasp basics and to prove the point not even 1 offered any advice to OP,

Not even one of them has any clue of who i am and what i own, and yet they spent 4 pages critisizing imaginary business i supposedly have or run.

Some trolls were silly enough to start commenting on things they do not even comprehend and you wanted me or anyone with experience to post

And you just have to have the final word.....

the way i see it is this.... if you were so busy being a captain of industry and running your business then you need only smirk at the OP's request for free information, but you didn't and couldn't....you decided to bait him and ridicule his request.

Best you do keep your business a secret as some looney will turn up one day the way you conduct yourself on this forum!

thumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif

the way i see it is this.... if you were so busy being a captain of industry and running your business then you need only smirk at the OP's request for free information, but you didn't and couldn't....you decided to bait him and ridicule his request.

Best you do keep your business a secret as some looney will turn up one day the way you conduct yourself on this forum!

thumbsup.gif

Ok, thanks for your advice, and i really do hope some looney would. Would be good to see how looney they are, when there is no safety of computerthumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif

thumbsup.gif

that could happen to many on this forum

the way they openly give out information about themselves, it would be easy to find them if a person wanted to....

facepalm.gif

thumbsup.gif

Ok, thanks for your advice, and i really do hope some looney would. Would be good to see how looney they are, when there is no safety of computerthumbsup.gif

that works both ways....

• Like 1