Parents, tourists prey on children

Lite Beer

Still not buying it. It's rife in Bangkok. It's rife in Kansas City. It's rife in London. It's rife in Atlanta.

I think the Pattaya angle is largely about sensationalism, a convenient target for fundraising, and about shifting the blame on the foreigners.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of article makes my blood boil.

O.K i'll have a drink of milk, deep breath and say Pattaya should be sent out to sea and sunk!

It does nothing but besmirch the great ancient nation of Siam and it's peoples at home or abroad to have the Achilles heal that is Pattaya associated with this great country.

wai.gif

come on, really? Every normal person would agree it's wrong/disgusting etc but this stuff (unfortunately) happens all over the World, not just Pattaya. Pattaya doesn't "besmirch" the ancient nation of Siam (weird turn of phrase or what). People know that it goes on. I see people of Pattaya saying they've never seen it before yet you would send these people and the rest of Pattaya to sea on the basis of this inflammatory article?

• Like 2

Still not buying it. It's rife in Bangkok. It's rife in Kansas City. It's rife in London. It's rife in Atlanta.

I think the Pattaya angle is largely about sensationalism, a convenient target for fundraising, and about shifting the blame on the foreigners.

What don't you buy? Do a Google search and see the amount of well known pedophiles arrested in Pattaya. I don't get what the problem with admitting that Pattaya has a problem is.

It's far easier to buy child sex in Pattaya than Kansas City or London. Pedophiles go where their prey is in abundance, thus they go to poorer countries, to Asia, thus they go to one of the largest sex tourism destinations in the world, Pattaya.

I suppose all the arrests are just made up. I suppose all those on sex offenders registers residing in Pattaya just thought it would be a nice place to retire.

Inflammatory posts have been removed.

A profanity post has been removed.

Posts containing links to Andrew Drummond web site have either been edited to remove the link or the post was removed. Please understand Thai Visa is not employed as a tool to obtain information for Andrew Drummond nor do we use material from his web site.

O.K i'll have a drink of milk, deep breath and say Pattaya should be sent out to sea and sunk!

It does nothing but besmirch the great ancient nation of Siam and it's peoples at home or abroad to have the Achilles heal that is Pattaya associated with this great country.

wai.gif

I would like to ask all residents of Pattaya if anyone has heard about this,because i certainly havent in 10 years of living here.

Ships anchored ate sea???

child prostitution in go-go bars????

<deleted> is all this about, dreamland or reality ????

I've been to Patts about 10 times since 2006 and been in many gogo's in Walking street and Soi 7/8

i haven't remotely ever seen anything resembling a child/young girl, plying some sort of trade likewise beer bars,

doubtless there is child sex abuse as in every nation but less fantasy more reality please.

one presumes there is some sort of system that caters for the perverts but this of course will be

organized and by thais. and as other posters have pointed out the major abuse will

be in the hinterland of thailand and will be done by thais,

The Sunday times over here did a large enquiry into child sex abuse/prostitution in Cambodia some years

ago and similarly the major culprits were debauched cambodian men who thought screwing kids

gives them 'power' it also happens in Africa and any other nations ruled by superstitious nonsense.

Edited by wotaplonker
  • Like 1

What don't you buy? Do a Google search and see the amount of well known pedophiles arrested in Pattaya. I don't get what the problem with admitting that Pattaya has a problem is.

It's far easier to buy child sex in Pattaya than Kansas City or London. Pedophiles go where their prey is in abundance, thus they go to poorer countries, to Asia, thus they go to one of the largest sex tourism destinations in the world, Pattaya.

I suppose all the arrests are just made up. I suppose all those on sex offenders registers residing in Pattaya just thought it would be a nice place to retire.

This is palpable nonsense. Pattaya (and Thailand) is no different than anywhere else, and due to the over-the-top publicity it receives probably the last place a real paedophile would go looking for children.

http://www.havocscope.com/tag/child-prostitution/

As a social scientist and a 10 year resident of Pattaya I have given this topic a good deal of thought.

I agree 100% with the observations and points raised by JingThing.

And I also believe that no one is going change their perceptions and opinions as a result of this thread. But it is absolutely amazing to me how many wildly different world views can be conjured up. Well, anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, by golly.

This was in Chiang Mai, not Pattaya, but I'm sure Pattaya is probably much worse.

Why do you think that? Have you lived in Pattaya and know or is it simply prejudice?

whats Donnie going to say when UFO'S are spotted over Chiang mai?

"I'm sure there's more UFO'S in over Pattaya"!

opinions about Pattaya simply defy belief, people's brains seem to go for a long walk whenever Pattaya is mentioned.

ahhh Thailand the place for liberal intelluctuals

It could be that it's not enforced in Bangkok but why do you see more articles on pedophiles in Pattaya vs. Bangkok? I think it's because Pattaya is a well know destination for pedophiles. Can anyone here really deny that Pattaya has more of a problem with pedophiles than many places in the world?

Edited by thatswhatuthought

Never eases to amaze me how the 'Pattaya Brigade' rush to the defense of anything heinous or derogatory stated about their precious domain, Furthermore, the inane responses that make comments that such activities also occur in other countries are totally redundant to the points that are being made.

Unless one is in total denial ,Pattaya is the foremost purveyor of the sex trade in all vestiges of salacious activities in this region. This is an undeniable fact and for those who try to rebut this fact I can only say that they are merely adding to the problem.

Foreigners who wish to live in this area are free to do so and to enjoy their perceived benefits but to come out with ridiculous statements in defense of the realities is rather puerile..

Did it ever occur to you that some people might just want to live by the sea.

• Like 1

It could be that it's not enforced in Bangkok but why do you see more articles on pedophiles in Pattaya vs. Bangkok? I think it's because Pattaya is a well know destination for pedophiles. Can anyone here really deny that Pattaya has more of a problem with pedophiles than many places in the world?

Could it have something with the fact that Pattaya has the spotlight on it at all times? Message boards,several online english newspapers and millions of visitors coming here too.And when a foreigner here is caught in illicit sex acts his name is spread out all over the news drawing attention to it,while in most western countries it`s hardly mentioned when a pedophile is caught.

• Like 2

Could it have something with the fact that Pattaya has the spotlight on it at all times? Message boards,several online english newspapers and millions of visitors coming here too.And when a foreigner here is caught in illicit sex acts his name is spread out all over the news drawing attention to it,while in most western countries it`s hardly mentioned when a pedophile is caught.

Could. But I doubt it.

Could. But I doubt it.

Phuket has the spotlight on it all the time yet less cases of pedophilia seem to pop up in the media. Must be that all the reporters and politicians are just out to get good old Pattaya. OR.... it could be that Pattaya has a pedophile problem. thumbsup.gif

Beware for NGO's. They creates problems which are not there and blow up issues in order to get as much funding as possible. Remember Greyman and Destiny who made up false reports complete with press reports. It is never about the children it is about the employees and their lovely benefits.

• Like 2

When GOD, or whatever name you may wish to apply to him/her, decides to give the World an Enema.....the Tube should be inserted in Pattaya!

Never liked the place, and still don't after some 30+ years of visiting and in more recent years, living in Thailand.

• Like 1

When GOD, or whatever name you may wish to apply to him/her, decides to give the World an Enema.....the Tube should be inserted in Pattaya!

Never liked the place, and still don't after some 30+ years of visiting and in more recent years, living in Thailand.

Another "Johnny come lately"

everybody with eyes and a brain *knows* it's widely available in pattaya (and SE-asia in general). the "new" thing involves poor folks having their kids do all kinds of sicko stuff on demand in front of a webcam in return for money (paid by western union, paypal, bitcoins and the likes). u don't wanna know what is going on in myanmar for example.

Or Laos or Cambodia. Happens there big time......

"The police have the evidence. The police have numerous people under surveillance. We also have this problem in Bangkok, but the statistics and reports we get at work show that Pattaya is the main destination for pedophiles in Thailand."

Kennypowers,with 32 posts under his belt ,reading about the "reports he gets at work" leads me to guess that you are one of the legion of moralists who come here to "work" with the underprivalaged , and get told a load of <deleted> by the street girls ,who off course have all been" sold" into slavery in the bars. sorry ,go back to selling the watchtower

No I am not. I am not religious either. Let me guess who you are; a man who moved to Thailand to sleep with third world prostitutes. Well done.

Oh look, another shopping mall pick up

Mr. Norman Wallis in the act of seducing a young 13 year old boy. Police confronted Wallis aged 79 from England and arrested him. Both he and the boy were taken back to the police station for questioning. According to Wallis, he paid 700 baht to the boy as requested when they met at a local shopping mall.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/British-Paedophile-Arrested-with-Teenage-Boy

Still in denial?

Well you guessed wrong ,i moved here with my wife and son ,who now is in uni in BKK ,sorry no cigar ,go back to trawling the internet for tales obout Pattaya ,and while your at it look up any major town and give Cambodia a look.

Beware for NGO's. They creates problems which are not there and blow up issues in order to get as much funding as possible. Remember Greyman and Destiny who made up false reports complete with press reports. It is never about the children it is about the employees and their lovely benefits.

Yes just like the woman i met ,(she has some pieces about Pattaya on you tube ,the girls were all having a laugh telling her lurid tales ,and she baught it . the trouble is people belive the crap she writes

Of course many on here would be incensed at how overblown it is if the article was about Thailand in general and not Pattaya. And remember, articles about how ALL of thailand is a pedophiles paradise come out. This one is no different. Sensationalize, sell papers, get attention and cause indignation. Reality much? not really.

I had an underage child try to sell me chewing gum once.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is a girl who has been stopping into a bar I eat at regularly for years. She probably started when she was 10 or 11. She sells those wrist bands, or gum, or whatever is selling now. Has that little tray with stuff for sale. I believe she is a hmong refugee from up north. I don't really know someone else told me that.

She is now probably around 16 now. She is quite attractive and I have heard many a drunk say I don't want that crap but how much for you. She has zero interest in it and doesn't work it. . Perhaps according to this article she is one of the abused. And I would say yes she is since she doesn't have schooling, medical care, a future with much potential. But there sure as hell isn't anyone pimping her out nor is she selling it. Yet, I'm sure she is one of the counted for this article.

wai.gif

I could not agree more, I think it's a moral duty to beat the crap out of a pedophile, when you are sure of it.

lol! done that about 8 years ago when i saw some fat old ferrang fondling a child in the waterpark. i made sure i could see what he was doing and then i gave him a good kicking.......next thing i know all hell breaks loose cos the family sat near by had just lost their whisky supplier......i had to leave, quickly. my girl stayed behind to hear what they were screaming about. they wanted to kill me because he was paying them good money for the little boy.

im sure these things happen in Pattaya as well as other places, But... a lady i knew well ( she passed, but was the reason for me to visit thailand the first time) owned a guesthouse in one of the soi's and i visited it several times. In this soi if you came there with a young child looking for a room or taking one to the room you had already. word got round really quick and locals would act on it hemselves or call the police immediately. In this particular soi it would be very wise NOT to do this... don't know so well about what happens in the other soi's or neigborhoods as to this matter, but this did not fly there at all. you woulld most certainly be spotted right away and dealt with in a proper way.

Edited by myluckythai

Thailand does not receive overseas aid any more, apart from a few million from europe for certain projects,and is now considered to be a relatively prosperous country. So why are people so poor that they have to sell their children for child prostitution?

It doesnt make sense. There is something wrong somewhere.

Also,the morale standards are quite high in the UK. OK,one or two bad boys,but no Kareoke brothels,no girly bars,no sexy massage parlours. Although UK people do not go to church much, there are good christian standards that influence the day to day living of the people.

I have never known child prostitution in the UK. It might go on,but I have never head of it.Thank goodness.

I have seen these cases with clearly underage ethnic girls (14 - 15 ish) sitting with very old white tourist looking men (60 thereabouts) at restaurants. From the expression on the girls face when I peered over and from the lack of conversation I would say it was a prostitute and not a father daughter couple. The weird thing about it was that it was uncomfortable, but I don't know whether the man knew what was up as far as how weird it looked to other people in the restaurant.

There were glances around and an uncomfortable vibe. But what can you do? I did not have the balls to get up and lecture them, especially solo. And a Thai is unlikely to make a public display. Perhaps the waitress could have asked them what was up and to leave.

Not much else you can do. Calling the police could result in a false accusation if they both deny it, and also doing anything in a public forum like a restaurant could potentially be a defamation issue which you could be liable for.

I also saw two tourists getting off a motorbike with an underage girl and walking towards a hotel. Again, stares from me and the noodle stand ladies, but again nobody surrounded them or said anything. It broke my heart.

This was in Chiang Mai, not Pattaya, but I'm sure Pattaya is probably much worse.

You play observer, accuser, witness, jury and judge on the basis of what exactly? You then make up your own mind that, on the basis of your own gross assumptions alone, the parties are guilty of - what exactly? - you have the gall to admit that you lack the moral courage of your own convictions to do anything about it.

Boy, you're a piece of work, you are.

That's a pretty good synopsis, Einstein. clap2.gif

I saw a post on thaivisa the other day about The Grey Man and how the truth has now be revealed that Police Corruption was behind The Grey Man being outed. If you go to the other blog you will see where all has been revealed.

Go and read it for yourself::: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/674409-the-grey-man-the-truth-revealed/#entry6925249