garden vegetation shredders/ landscape weed block fabric

nervona1732

Hello, I live in Issan and was wondering if someone knew where I could purchase a decent size vegetation shredder for making for making mulch/soil compliment and where I could purchase a large quantity of landscape fabric, without going to Bangkok? You thoughts would be appreciated. thank you

• 1 month later...

Also see TV " want to buy a shredder" Post.

As for the landscape fabric,is it what Thai's call ter-ram?, that is available at any Thai hardwear shop.

Yours

KS

Went to Home Works and couln't find any of this weed barrier fabric, so I went to this newly opened Watsuda and only found plastic, and was told they only had plastic, no fabric, but the plastic is not like the trash bag , it is more like those rice bags or onion bags, the strips of plastics go criss cross vertically and horizontally, allowing air and water to pass through, but water will go through very slowly, have not use that, has someone try it? What about weed barrier fabrics? Do they have it in Thailand?

Cobrabiker.

The stuff you found is what Thai's call Ter-Ram,normaly black or green,more of a shad cloth.

Just had a look at Google,never seen your weed block fabric in Thailand,would the blue plastic do,thicker than shade cloth,with

very small holes in it,or have you allready seen this one, ผ้าเขียว Pa-Ke-yeow in Thai.

For this try your local market.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a roll of this plastic weed barrier, cut a little bit and do an experiment, turned into cone shape and filled with water and left for one night, next morning saw the water was still there, same amount, the opposite side was a little wet only, so it is almost like water proof. Has anyone used it?

Hi Kickstart, this Pa-Ke-yeow is plastic? Has tiny holes, maybe can post a picture.

I have digged out all the old grass and the roots, and will wait for seeds to sprout, then will use the chemical to kill them, this was taught by one of the gardeners. Any chemical that can kill the roots of the weeds?

Hello All, this is the closest thing to a ground cover/weed barrier that I've seen in LOS.

From TCT in Samutprakarn, They they are a large Mfg. of films/netting/screen/shade

cloth. www.tctthainet.com

Another place with about the something is www.hdpnet.com

The pic's are from TCT's sample catalog I have. Do Not rely on @'s with these people,

they tend to not reply, phone calls are best and follow up calls to check on your order.

TCT has all sorts of green house coverings, bug netting, not the blue shit thats used for

everything. Also wiggle wire.

Both places have adds every month with pictures of some products, in House Ag Mag.

rice555

the last pic is with a light behind, it "will not hold water!"

post-37242-0-71703600-1389611792_thumb.j

post-37242-0-61396300-1389611863_thumb.j

post-37242-0-99657100-1389612001_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics and links. The 1st and 2nd pictures look just like what I had bought and I think it looks like plastic, the last picture I think is different type as there are many holes, and will weeds grow through those tiny holes? The second, www.hdpnet.com is no longer active. I don't think there is really weed control frabics here in LOS.

I found out that corn gluten meal will kill weed's seeds, does anyone know whether this is available in Thailand?

http://www.safelawns.org/blog/2010/04/corn-gluten-meal-as-weed-control-20-years-later-the-jury-is-still-out/

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the pics and links. The 1st and 2nd pictures look just like what I had bought and I think it looks like plastic, the last picture I think is different type as there are many holes, and will weeds grow through those tiny holes? The second, www.hdpnet.com is no longer active. I don't think there is really weed control frabics here in LOS.

I found out that corn gluten meal will kill weed's seeds, does anyone know whether this is available in Thailand?

Yes you're right,they are plastic, polypropylene material, weaved by circular or water jet machine into the woven polypropylene fabric,there're different widths and weights for them, and this kind of fabric is not coated with a layer of film in order to pass the water, could you understand this? If you're interested, view more information here: weed control fabric.

In Switzerland I used geotextiles for the job, admittedly buried and covered by screed. Water will go through, absolutely no weeds come the other way. Definitely not bio-degradable. I never saw this being used in road building here (which explains a few things). Try http://wulwith.com/, which is admittedly in Bangkok, or use the search function on coolhouse.com