Rock legend Lou Reed dead at 71: agent

News_Editor

NEW YORK CITY (BNO NEWS) -- Former "Velvet Underground" frontman Lou Reed, considered one of the most influential musicians in rock music, has died, his agent confirmed on Sunday. He was 71 years old. It was not immediately known when or where he died.

"Yes it's true. I'm in shock," Andy Woolliscroft, the singer's UK music agent, said after Rolling Stone magazine reported the news earlier on Sunday. The cause of death was not immediately disclosed, but it comes just months after Reed underwent a life-saving liver transplant and experienced several health scares.

(Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for jamsession in musicheaven:

Jimi, Janis and Lou ! thumbsup.gif

He gave us some great music! I will miss you.

Indeed! Some day (not too soon, I hope) I will be there to listen to these guys. Must be an incredible jamsession smile.png

Farewell Lou, and thanks for all the beautiful music over the yearswai2.gif I will miss you too!

• Like 1

Lou Reed gave us a ferocious intelligent alternative vision for music and culture and expanded the horizons of thinking for a generation. There are sadly too few who can carry on the legacy. I weep for the passing of a flawed but gifted talent.

A right old misery guts, as well as being overrated and boring. Much beloved of the 60's generation though.

I think you will find that yours is a minority view and a rather insensitive one for those who understand the towering intellectual and musical force he was to a generation seeking alternatives to mainstream thinking.

• Like 2

A right old misery guts, as well as being overrated and boring. Much beloved of the 60's generation though.

Yes , but no matter what you say, the colored girls go

doo do doo, doo do doo, doo do doo

and that is probably why the presenter on CNN was comparing him to Shakespeare. I can appreciate the similarities.

• Like 1

Lou, you left us with not only all your music , you introduced me to many other artists/poets like Rimbaud and Baudelaire,Jim Carroll and Patti Smith and the New York Dolls plus a list of other artists that would take too long to list . A true cornerstone of serious modern music.

RIP .

• Like 2

Lou, you left us with not only all your music , you  introduced me to many other artists/poets  like Rimbaud and Baudelaire,Jim Carroll and Patti Smith  and the New York Dolls plus a list of other artists that would take too long to list . A true cornerstone of  serious modern music.

RIP .

Nicely put.

And a rude prick to boot during interviews. I don't care who you are, a little respect goes a long way

Edited by NumbNut
  • Like 1

I think you will find that yours is a minority view and a rather insensitive one for those who understand the towering intellectual and musical force he was to a generation seeking alternatives to mainstream thinking.

what did he do for his country apart from write a lot of miserable songs, some glorifying drug use. People like him are not 'heros' or 'legends' they are degenerates to be pitied.

what did he do for his country apart from write a lot of miserable songs, some glorifying drug use. People like him are not 'heros' or 'legends' they are degenerates to be pitied.

Oh my word! Writing songs glorifying drugs? Why I do declare I'm getting the vapors reading about such sinful things! Such degenerates. I'm sure a righteous gentleman like yourself has contributed far more to society...

• Like 2

Oh my word! Writing songs glorifying drugs? Why I do declare I'm getting the vapors reading about such sinful things! Such degenerates. I'm sure a righteous gentleman like yourself has contributed far more to society...

Why should he do it for his own country? He did it for me too, for the whole world! And yes his songs are beautiful and the lyrics are

good. HE IS A Hero!!

• Like 2