eBay purchase - item is not received.

Shurup

In Australia I recently received an item after 58 days. The seller had already refunded me but as the item was received in good condition, I contacted the seller and paid the money back.

They rely on small profit margins and the continued success gives us all the opportunity to buy product at good prices.

I am commonly getting gear between 30 and 43 days now .. its too long but beyond the sellers control as it can be seen on the label the posted date was as stated.

Lodging a dispute in the resolution centre at PayPal enables the purchaser to give more time for the parcel to arrive or to come to an arrangement with the seller.

Cheers Bunter

• Like 1

Got a swift reply from the seller:

Sorry. May be refund you now ok? If package arrive afterwards,then you pay us again ok?

Sounds good to me, at least I'll get my money back, but I still need those damn batteries.

I received this from HobbyKing in HK:

URGENT UPDATE

Our International Warehouse based in Hong Kong has been affected by changes in Hong Kong Customs policy. The new Customs Department policy is to inspect ALL parcels leaving Hong Kong (not just HobbyKing) and are refusing to accept shipments containing certain items. This has caused two major issues that I wish to address:

Issue One
All orders containing lithium-based batteries that were placed between the 23rd of September and 2nd of October have been refused by customs and are being returned to our shipping dock in Hong Kong. Some orders not containing these items could also have been affected. This has also caused further delays to orders containing these items due to the backlog.
To remedy this, we at HobbyKing are upgrading all returned shipped items to a premium courier provider that will deliver your parcels to you shortly.

Issue Two
Due to the above issue, our Customer Service channel has been overwhelmed. This means that unfortunately all customers will have difficulty contacting Customer Service and for this we sincerely apologise.
If you are trying to contact customer service, please know that we WILL get back to you as soon as possible. To improve efficiency and improve response time, we request that you create just ONE support ticket. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

So this new policy change is only affecting HK shipments? Any ideas if it's safe to buy from China?

Why don't you work out how much time you have spent so far on this subject and add it to the potential time you are going to spend to try to rectify the situation, with no guarantees. Divide the value of your $ loss by the hours you have spent and I am sure you will find you are working for substantioally less than minimum wage. Isn't your time more valuable than that? I think you should just forget it.

Den

Why do you care ? Just ask a refund to Paypal as all the cheaters around the world do !

Well I do care...

Just got a refund from him by the way, and I will send him his money back if I get the package later.

• Like 1

what kind of courier service did the seller pay for? if it had some insurance included or he added some then he will not be out of pocket if he replaces your item (assuming it is a replaceable item, if not money back), contact him now so he can chase it up? if that fails then you could escalate it with the resolution team, worth a try first though.

Regards

Why do you care ? Just ask a refund to Paypal as all the cheaters around the world do !

Well I do care...

Just got a refund from him by the way, and I will send him his money back if I get the package later.

When ilved in Patong there was no problem but when i move to Rawai the problem starts!

Today i recived a item from ebay, i waited 68 Days and got refund alredy but i will send it back to the seller.

I am sure the post keep the parcel.

Last week a lady call me and say she have my parcel, she live 10 km from here....scary the postman dropp my package at a random Place

I thinking of send a parcel with a tracker inside to se where the problem is!

Edited by deemon

Interestingly I just had the exact same issue with an item from Hong Kong (free postage), first time I've ever had a no-show sad.png

Opened a dispute the day before the time expired, got a rapid response from the seller offering a refund, I actually said I'd wait a few more days (he actually has 28 days to respond) but he gave me a full refund immediately.

Apparently there is a new requirement in HK for all outgoing mail to be x-rayed and this is causing significant shipping delays sad.png

Well, the item I bought is coming from HK as well! That's interesting...

If they are just the delays, it means the item can still arrive, just very late? How long ago has it been Crossy?

Well, I went to open the dispute and it's sending me to a PayPal?

Because you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for coverage by PayPal Buyer Protection. See eligibility

This dispute will be opened on the PayPal website. Therefore for any inquiry related to this, please contact PayPal customer service.
Here's what to do next:
  • Click Continue to PayPal.
  • Click the Resolution Centre tab.
  • Click the Resolution Centre link.
  • Communicate with the seller on PayPal.
  • If the case can't be resolved, you can file a buyer protection claim on PayPal.

I thought you're supposed to resolve it through eBay 1st, no? Or is it something new? Never had to use it so I don't know.

I had the same thing happen coming from Hong Kong a year or so back . Paypal is the best way to resolve it thats what I did . Paypal asked me to wait and sure enough a few days later the package arived and I closed the dispute . Had I not opened it and it never came I would have been out of luck .......

Lodge a notice of Dispute without delay! Get onto Thai Post without delay but I don't think the Seller is going to be too interested in sending you another item unless you pay again.

Is the seller able to provide you with proof of posting?

Good Luck.

Well I do care...

Yes ... that is responsible .... I sell a lot on eBay and heaps of ass'ols out there as buyers ..... good to see you have the right attitude ...

Most sellers try hard to do the right thing and help when something goes wrong so it always pays to give them a chance ... and good feedback when finished.

In Australia I recently received an item after 58 days. The seller had already refunded me but as the item was received in good condition, I contacted the seller and paid the money back.

They rely on small profit margins and the continued success gives us all the opportunity to buy product at good prices.

I am commonly getting gear between 30 and 43 days now .. its too long but beyond the sellers control as it can be seen on the label the posted date was as stated.

Lodging a dispute in the resolution centre at PayPal enables the purchaser to give more time for the parcel to arrive or to come to an arrangement with the seller.

Cheers Bunter

I've never had to wait anything like that for parcels from anywhere in the world. The US is best, 6 days Priority Mail International, Hong Kong/China about ten days, and Europe never more than 14 days.

Well I do care...

When ilved in Patong there was no problem but when i move to Rawai the problem starts!

Today i recived a item from ebay, i waited 68 Days and got refund alredy but i will send it back to the seller.

I am sure the post keep the parcel.

Last week a lady call me and say she have my parcel, she live 10 km from here....scary the postman dropp my package at a random Place

I thinking of send a parcel with a tracker inside to se where the problem is!

This I believe...... I regularly have simple letters take over 28 days.

I also get mail for same house number, different Moo frequently, despite my putting an address sign and stickers on my mail box.

Perhaps a New Years tip will help.

Interesting to see some do use Ebay in Thailand, I have always shied away from it worrying about postal reliability.

All depends the type of postage, what postage did you pay for, they normally send by courier type or EMS so the seller can track it for you, if courier or EMS type the seller will have a tracking number that you can follow the transit.

And you can call or check on line with the tracking number

Large Lithium Ion batteries can be a problem, since they can used as a minor explosive. Technically they are all suppose to be sent by ground, smart sellers will declare them as nickel cadmium.

Seeing positive feedback does in no way indicate that that seller is trustworthy. When a transaction is disputed and you have given bad feedback. Ebay has a form the seller can send you to change your feedback, once a resolution has been settled.

I have been sent feedback change request 3 times.

As a previous Ebay seller Buyers like you are avoided at all costs and give sellers sleepless nights, advising to leave Feedback and awaiting resolution forms sure sounds like a your a serial no item receiver...will leave it at that. Could go on and on about this issue....

OP...Email the seller, guaranteed he will solve the problem otherwise he risks his account being in trouble with Ebay something all sellers avoid especially as its so hard to get new accounts up and running these days. If no joy open Ebay/ Payapal dispute but at least give the seller the opportunity instead of slamming in bad feedback as the previous post suggested

• Like 1

Well, I'm still waiting, items missing presumed lost sad.png

I will open disputes the day before the time expires, but give the seller as much time as possible for the items to arrive, it's not their fault that HK have changed policy.

On a positive note, two items from the UK arrived after 8 days :)

Update on my OP. Few days after I got refund, the batteries arrived. Payed the seller back. There was no need to open a dispute. Seller was more than willing to give a refund.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app