Watch seller gang attack and injure Russian tourist In Pattaya

webfact

There is NO WAY they beat him up just because he noticed they were fake and didn't want to pay.

My best guess is that the Russian guy was rude and caused the Thai vendor to lose face or risk losing face.

I have stopped and looked at fake watches many times, occasionally I'll even buy one. I have NEVER found a seller to less than polite.. but I'm always respectful.

• Like 2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get a kick seeing some of these two week millionaires sporting their fake Tag/Rolex, fake Ray Bans, fake Boss shorts, fake Billabong T-Shirt, smoking fake ciggies from Cambodia, drinking fake JD, beside their fake titted companion, who is trying to figure out how to use the fake iPhone he just bought her. blink.png

What you mean my 2500 baht omega seamaster is a fake? this is outrageous! A high end watch shop in my home city tried to charge me £65 to fit a new battery in my fake watch to which my reply was forget it. I will buy the tool off the internet and do it myself and save £57.

Theres a lot of youtube videos with people who own the real watches bitching about people who have the fakes which always gives me a big laugh.

I guess they do not like the fact that they cannot brag and show off like they intended when they bought their over priced status symbols.

I think you will find that its usually the real millionaires blonde bimbos who tend to have the fake breasts.

MRDave, I actually like the idea of people thinking that my watches are fake.

I buy the watches for myself not to brag or show off.

Most people dont give a toss what you have on your wrist. Its normally people who have bought a copy who ask if the watch is real (which is not very often) response "nah its a copy from Bangkok"

People who are normally into watches can spot a copy a mile away if they are actually interested.

The Russians probably knew that the watches were fake but had to say what they did to the police because they were worried that if they complained about the beatings then they'd be arrested for buying copy watches. Come on, don't always thing the obvious!!

I love the throw away line at the end of this yarn: "It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating." Says who? Nothing is ever done, but anybody that's stupid enough to think that they are selling real Roexes on the street deserves at least a little thumping. I'm sure the Rooskies knew from the beginning the watches were fake. Maybe one of them criticized the workmanship or said something that sounded derogatory to the vendor. i've looked at many watch stands and tried watches on and walked away without purchasing with not even a whimper from the vendor. Again, more to this story for sure.

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

I have lived in Pattaya for over 21 years and have been approached by Watch-Sellers many, many times. - However; I have never encountered any problems with these chaps; ergo: I have often wondered how well they are able to take rejection ! !

I reckon there must be a little bit more to this story, which the Russian youth is not telling.

Also; does not make any sense for 6 of these watch-sellers to even be together, because that does not make much "commercial" sense.

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I love the throw away line at the end of this yarn: "It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating." Says who? Nothing is ever done, but anybody that's stupid enough to think that they are selling real Roexes on the street deserves at least a little thumping. I'm sure the Rooskies knew from the beginning the watches were fake. Maybe one of them criticized the workmanship or said something that sounded derogatory to the vendor. i've looked at many watch stands and tried watches on and walked away without purchasing with not even a whimper from the vendor. Again, more to this story for sure.

I don't know about a thumping but a little slap and say with an Italian accent... 'What's a matta wit you? Use your fuc*in ed."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Man! Just come to my mind. I bought last week a golden Rolex watch with Chanel n.5 perfume in pocket 690 B in Pattaya Jomtein. May be they are fake ??? I have to go to tourist police for my justice facepalm.gif

I had a Rolex mafia guy come at me in Pat Pong market. Tried a watch on didn't like it and said no thank you . He went off his head. I walked away and he came after me. I thought I was going to be king hit so I turned and faced him,. Luckily he backed down. Just a total hit head.

" It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

The police could get rid of the vendors overnight if the wished.

These people pay the police to be able to sell on the street.

The police are their landlords.

Fact is, vendors selling copyright goods pay more.

Amazing eh ? Pattaya is the cesspit of Thailand. The cops don't give a shit about the tourists that are there, they know they will be replaced by thousands of others. There is no fair deal here, but they would be the first to complain and cry if 6-8 farangs gave them a hiding. Maybe it's about time it should be like that.

When did this Russian genius found out that the Rolex he was looking at was fake ? ......

The prize was a whopping 2000 TBH !!!!

a few weeks back I was in a bar in soi bukou when an aftershave vendor pushed his

stuff towards me. I tried to tell him I do not use after shave, but he insisted on putting some

on my hand,one of the group sitting around commented "the smell goes away after ten minutes"

and the vendor went apeshit screaming that I talk no good and doing a good impression of an enraged

orangatang,this seemed to entertain all the company bar me, I looked at him closely and immediately noticed his eyes weren't right, I was informed lao cow (thai-whiskey) was the culprit,but over the last few years I have noticed a change in these people they now bump push or nudge you,to the extent that sitting on the beach trying to read the paper is a waste of time, were before they only spoke to their punters, they definitely are more desperate and rude,

but if the Russian has dropped the watch in water/beer he has gone a bit over, and needs to pull his horns in, next time they might be tooled up and they won't hesitate.

I have bought a few over the years and I always ask where we're they made as the China ones are crap but the ones made in Taiwan are far better.

That Russian must be so dumb expecting them to be real, Ha Ha. Thailand and especially Pattaya which is the city of fakes.

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

I never heard of local government and police acting to stop vicious criminal groups from operating .

F4UCorsair

• xav-80832.jpg,q_r=0.pagespeed.ic.lI5Y96p
  • Advanced Members
  • 856 posts

Posted Today, 08:56

I bought a Rolex a few years back for B1000.

I asked the seller if the gold rubbed off could I get my money back.

She said that if the gold DIDN'T rub off he'd give me my money back.

It's getting worse. Tuk tuk mafia, jet ski mafia, lady boy mafia, and now fake watch mafia. Where will all this stop??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can you buy genuine Rolex for 1,000 Baht? Even the bracelet alone you cannot buy in 1,000.

So, blame yourself for ignorance in that matter

petermik said:

Posted Yesterday, 17:54

Oh hell-maybe the Tag I bought a couple of years ago on soi Diana for 800 baht might turn out to be a fake also

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean Tag Heuer for 800 Baht? I can assure you that is 100% fake. Unless you bought it not functioning.

Edited by DGIE

Loles said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Man! Just come to my mind. I bought last week a golden Rolex watch with Chanel n.5 perfume in pocket 690 B in Pattaya Jomtein. May be they are fake ??? I have to go to tourist police for my justice.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you really know Rolex watch?? You cannot buy even the bracelet alone in 690 Baht.

Even if you go to the policemen, you cannot get any justice. the seller didn't rip you off because what you paid is not a price for real Rolex.

If you want to see real Rolex, go to All Season's Place in Sukhumvit Road. I am not sure though what soi is that. You will see the prices of Rolex there.

There are more than 100,000 Baht.